X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've heard it will open on the 29th.

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
      I wonder if we get any days at all between pre academy and Fletc, I gotta go from New York to San Diego to Georgia, I'm gonna need a day or two just to get it together.
      This will depend on your report day... If its a Monday or a Tuesday, you'll have the weekend, as you won't be working pre academy sat or sun and you get 1 travel day. Most ports on the east coast will let you drive, anywhere else you'll have to see if they'll let you. You'll be reimbursed mileage up to the price of the cheapest air ticket.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
        I wonder if we get any days at all between pre academy and Fletc, I gotta go from New York to San Diego to Georgia, I'm gonna need a day or two just to get it together.
        Your port will work with you, as they understand you have to drive across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
          So much for it opening on the 26th. lol...
          29th guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
            I read on another post that you have off holidays in FLETC
            You have holidays off. So yes, you will have thursday off for thanksgiving, but you will not have off the following friday.

Comment

• holy cow... i was expecting to come home for at least a weekend during the holidays.
              tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
              NOR-11/11
              TSL- 11/17/11
              pft1- 12/8/11
              Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
              Qual- completed 3/12
              Medical Ex- completed 4/12
              S I-completed 3/12
              Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
              Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
              Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
              Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
              new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                holy cow... i was expecting to come home for at least a weekend during the holidays.
                FWIW, as a FLETC graduate, I'd advise not going farther than a half day's drive from the facility. Missing class for X reason usually is the wrong reason.
                Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  FWIW, as a FLETC graduate, I'd advise not going farther than a half day's drive from the facility. Missing class for X reason usually is the wrong reason.
                  I was told you cannot go more than 400 miles unless you get special permission... I look forward to spending Christmas with you all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimestopshere View Post
                    I was told you cannot go more than 400 miles unless you get special permission... I look forward to spending Christmas with you all!
                    At Border Patrol Academy, more than 100 miles requires permission... or at least did while I was there.
                    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      At Border Patrol Academy, more than 100 miles requires permission... or at least did while I was there.
                      I remember those days! I went to Charleston originally. The great thing, I'm from the Charleston area so no need for permission to go anywhere! Not to be stingy though, it worked out for my class. Since they had a "local", I could steer them to great times and keep them out of the bad stuff!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Zhunter;3323459]Where's
                        Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-10-2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                          Thanks and same to you. I will cross my fingers in hope that they call you before July 29th. Which geographic location are you considering switching to? You're already in TSU, so give it a long thought before changing geo (not that you haven't already done so). It's ultimately your choice, but keep in mind how drawn out this process can be. I would hate to see this drag out for you.
                          Thank you Stoneface; and I'm thinking about staying in NY, that means changing my location to the East Coast. Since they are now hiring more people for the East coast, I might get lucky and get the call for JFK... Hopefully.
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                            Thank you Stoneface; and I'm thinking about staying in NY, that means changing my location to the East Coast. Since they are now hiring more people for the East coast, I might get lucky and get the call for JFK... Hopefully.
                            No problem. My BI told me CBP is planning to increase staff in Newark and JFK. He didn't strike me as the type who spoke just for the sake of making conversation. Whether this will happen remains to be seen. I have noticed that JFK and Newark picked up quite a few heads since calls have been going out again. The fact that these ports are even on the offer list is encouraging at the very least. All the best, Buddy. Follow your heart...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                              does anyone know if there's a break from pre-academy/eod till fletc starts?

or any holidays no academy during fletc, eg- Xmas/ new year/ turkey day ?
                              You will only get that day off.
                              No day before or after.

As for how far you can go. You can go as far as you want to, just make sure you have an "Out of bounds" form in just in case anything happens.
                              If you're within the Jacksonville/Savannah area then no form is necessary.

Be mindful that if you do travel or anything, you have to be back and ready to train. Show up late, don't show up, miss a flight, etc... well pack your bags because you are most likely going home.

That being said, if something happens (baby is born, death in the family, exigent circumstances) then most instructors and the administration will work with you, but that is at their discretion.

BTW, congrats to all the applicants who got their EOD date.
                              If I can offer any advice, it would be the following.
                              -start running if you aren't a runner or not quite in the best of shape
                              -Bring extra athletic shoes
                              -Bring a car if feasible
                              -Check your attitude at the door and be ready to train

Comment

• Originally posted by Train27 View Post
                                You will only get that day off.
                                No day before or after.

As for how far you can go. You can go as far as you want to, just make sure you have an "Out of bounds" form in just in case anything happens.
                                If you're within the Jacksonville/Savannah area then no form is necessary.

Be mindful that if you do travel or anything, you have to be back and ready to train. Show up late, don't show up, miss a flight, etc... well pack your bags because you are most likely going home.

That being said, if something happens (baby is born, death in the family, exigent circumstances) then most instructors and the administration will work with you, but that is at their discretion.

BTW, congrats to all the applicants who got their EOD date.
                                If I can offer any advice, it would be the following.
                                -start running if you aren't a runner or not quite in the best of shape
                                -Bring extra athletic shoes
                                -Bring a car if feasible
                                -Check your attitude at the door and be ready to train
                                I'm having a son the second week of pre-academy. I doubt they'll allow me to see my wife and new born
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                                TSU: 3/28/13
                                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9987 users online. 361 members and 9626 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X