300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NewLA1time10_8 View Post
    Not entirely true you can retire at 25 years of service at any age or 57 with the mandatory 20 years but all of your time is calculated at 1.7 either way, the 20 year limit at the higher rate applied to employees covered by CSRS and they got 2.5 for the first 20 years.
    Follow the link to this publication from OPM. You will find that the information that I provided is correct. You will only receive the 1.7% for 20 years any additional years will be at the lower rate of regular retirement. This will be on page 17 of that publication.

FB

http://www.opm.gov/retirement-servic...ets/ri90-1.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by d_williams View Post
      Anyone get a duty station in Vermont? Any idea how the ports are up there? I am assigned to Derby Line EOD 8/26. FLETC 9/25. I am hopeful that it will be a good place to work. Newport looks like a neat town. It probably wouldn't hurt to brush up on my French
      You are welcome to PM your questions. I am familiar with that particular POE. If you had asked a couple of years ago, I could have sold you a house in Newport.

FB

FB

Comment

• Anyone know any good extended stay places in San Ysidro / San Diego area to stay in for month of pre academy?

Comment

• I just got scheduled for my poly. I'm not too nervous, I'm just going to go in there confidently honest.
          Geo: Northwest GS-5
          CBPO Exam: 08/12
          TSL 1: 01/14/13
          Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
          Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
          VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
          Drug Test: ???
          Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
          TSL 2: 04/13
          BI: In the security office
          TSU: ???
          EOD: ???

Comment

• E92 M3

Try sdmetrohotels. com Affordable and right in San Diego
            GEO: SWB
            TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
            Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
            VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
            Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
            Drug Test: Pending
            BI: In security office
            Poly: Pending
            TSU: Pending

Comment

• Finally got an email today with my PFT2 date. I'm scheduled for 08/16 at Glynco. While I'm thrilled to finally be at this point after all these years, one thing kinda sucks a little. They used to administer the PFT2 in Charleston, but no more (according to Scheduling). That woulda been great because it was local for me! I think I can suck up a 2 hour drive and a one night hotel stay though. Yes, a hotel stay and no, I'm not a wuss about the drive. I just have to be there BY 6:30am though!! I don't think getting up at "O" dark thirty and driving a little over two hours would be very helpful to a successful PFT2!

BTW, the PFT2 notice also had a class number in the title, #337. I'm guessing that is my scheduled class number. Good luck to all waiting. Hang in there, your turn will come!
              Last edited by 66Pony; 07-25-2013, 12:50 AM. Reason: Meant 08/16, not 07/16 ooops

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                Finally got an email today with my PFT2 date. I'm scheduled for 07/16 at Glynco. While I'm thrilled to finally be at this point after all these years, one thing kinda sucks a little. They used to administer the PFT2 in Charleston, but no more (according to Scheduling). That woulda been great because it was local for me! I think I can suck up a 2 hour drive and a one night hotel stay though. Yes, a hotel stay and no, I'm not a wuss about the drive. I just have to be there BY 6:30am though!! I don't think getting up at "O" dark thirty and driving a little over two hours would be very helpful to a successful PFT2!

BTW, the PFT2 notice also had a class number in the title, #337. I'm guessing that is my scheduled class number. Good luck to all waiting. Hang in there, your turn will come!
                Good luck! You'll notice how easy it is. Nevertheless, make sure you are well prepared. You don't want get that far to fail something.
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

Finally got an email today with my PFT2 date. I'm scheduled for 07/16 at Glynco. While I'm thrilled to finally be at this point after all these years, one thing kinda sucks a little. They used to administer the PFT2 in Charleston, but no more (according to Scheduling). That woulda been great because it was local for me! I think I can suck up a 2 hour drive and a one night hotel stay though. Yes, a hotel stay and no, I'm not a wuss about the drive. I just have to be there BY 6:30am though!! I don't think getting up at "O" dark thirty and driving a little over two hours would be very helpful to a successful PFT2!

Good luck...ace it!

I'm guessing you meant August 16th...

Comment

Don't even sweat it I'm sure you will rock the pft2!! You have been waiting long enough. Nice to see one of us old timers getting to the end of this crazy frustrating road. I thought I had patience I remember some of the things that happened to you, you have the patience of a saint haha. Good luck and kill it!!!
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                      Awww that is so sweet! You definitely know how to make a girl feel special, Pointman!

Thank you for you unwavering support and encouragement. This pre-employment process is definitely tedious and it can fray the nerves of even the mentally strong. But it certainly helps to know that when I'm running low on steam to keep cheering myself on, there are good people like you on the sidelines cheering us on. Thank you, thank you and thank you!
                      Just excited to see you cress the finish line. I feel bad when someone falls out of the process because of something unfortunate and feel ecstatic when someone crosses the finish line. You're almost across the finish line all we're all here to route for you for some extra support. You wil definitely get the call. It's just a matter of time now. Anyway, the only port they'll have available when they call you is Brownsville, TX
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                      TSU: 3/28/13
                      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• I stand corrected. The retirement is actually even worse than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewLA1time10_8 View Post
                          I stand corrected. The retirement is actually even worse than I thought.
                          The bulk of your retirement comes from intelligent management of your TSP.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                            I didn't get the one year medical form. However, I did get a second medical appointment after just shy of two years.
                            Well, I noticed the process is different for everyone.. I just hope this is the last form I have to re-submit before the call!!

Originally posted by Amac View Post
                            My friend just had that happen. They contacted him for a med re-cert 2-3 months early and the following week (yesterday) he got the call for BPA. (he was in TSU for both BPA &CBPO).

He did ask them how far they were with the CBPO TSL's and all they could tell him was that they were not at his name yet. He has a Sep 12 TSL for CBPO and May 12 TSL for BPA.
                            That's good news, let's stay positive and wait for our turn, it's coming soon!!!

Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                            Not necessarily. Mine happened shortly before, but it is different for everyone. I am just happy they are keen on keeping abreast with what's expiring for us...at least our files are not becoming dusty relics at MHC lol. It would be a lot better if we didn't have to go through the hassle of dealing with expiring clearance, but ah well...it can't always be perfect, right?
                            You're absolutely right. Good things are hard to get and at least we are still in this game. Good luck. I hope they'd call me before July 29th, or whenever the next announcement is, if that's not the case, I'm switching my geographic location.
                            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Thanks every one for the well wishes. I'll do my utmost.

p.s. Thanks for pointing out my typo on the date. Fixed it!

Comment

• New CBP Officer announcement on the 29th FYI.

Sorry if this is a double post, but I'm not going to re-read each page to verify.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8567 users online. 414 members and 8153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X