300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zhunter View Post
    Hoping to get some help and questions answered. So I received the call and was given the following northern border options: Grand Portage MN, Portal ND, Pembina ND, Morgan MT, Opheim MT. I ended up choosing Grand Portage and need to report there Aug26 with a FLETC date of 10/2. I spoke with some officers in Grand Portage and they informed me that it is nearly impossible to transfer out of that port! I was hoping to accept any port in the hopes of transferring when I was hired but they said its not easy. It is very rural and housing is nearly impossible to find. Closest small town is an hour away from the actual port. I know BEES, you accepted an offer at first then you emailed TSU and received the port you wanted? What is the email address and what should I say? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    It likely will difficult to transfer out of any of the ports on that list. Truth be told, it may be difficult to transfer out of pretty much anywhere.

The best advice is to not accept any port unless your willing to work years, even a career, there. The practicality of an easy move elesewhere is still largely a myth for a great many people within the agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatNation View Post
      Just got my Polygraph results. It took 3 weeks to arrive. I FAILED. This is BS I was completely honest. There’s no number or address on this letter to appeal. They didn’t even say why I FAILED. The examiner tried saying he felt like I might be hiding something but I told him I was being honest and it just could be my nerves. I thought he was just trying to interrogate me like everyone else that I know said they would do. How can I take another Exam?? All this waiting to be screwed by some stupid machine that is inaccurate. SMH......
      I'm in your same boat. Write a letter to the hiring center. I'm not sure if it will help any but I think I remember reading someone on this site who got a failed result over turned

Comment

• Originally posted by gnj99 View Post
        Where and how you find out your class number?
        After you take your PFT2 MHC will send a final letter. The letter will consists of your salary, GS pay scale, Academy class number, etc.
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
          I'm in your same boat. Write a letter to the hiring center. I'm not sure if it will help any but I think I remember reading someone on this site who got a failed result over turned
          After your poly, did the examiner tell you that you passed or failed? According to the CBP website, the examiner should let you know immediately after whether you passed or failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            It likely will difficult to transfer out of any of the ports on that list. Truth be told, it may be difficult to transfer out of pretty much anywhere.

The best advice is to not accept any port unless your willing to work years, even a career, there. The practicality of an easy move elesewhere is still largely a myth for a great many people within the agency.
            Northern Border Ports are often harder to get a transfer from, because that is where the guys on the SWB want to take to get off the SWB!! Having worked on both, I will say this: enjoy the hunting and fishing and dress warm. Nothing in CBP is either quick or impossable, so do everything you can to put yourself in a position to transfer, like take a TDY if offered, take training, and know that not everyone is going to get to work in Orlando FL (most popularly requested transfer location).
            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
              Northern Border Ports are often harder to get a transfer from, because that is where the guys on the SWB want to take to get off the SWB!! Having worked on both, I will say this: enjoy the hunting and fishing and dress warm. Nothing in CBP is either quick or impossable, so do everything you can to put yourself in a position to transfer, like take a TDY if offered, take training, and know that not everyone is going to get to work in Orlando FL (most popularly requested transfer location).
              I was hoping to get a port on the northern border where there's actually civilization and officers don't have to live in their cars for the first couple months while they find a place to live lol. Who do I contact to withdraw my grand portage offer and wait for another call for other locations?

Comment

Hoping to get some help and questions answered. So I received the call and was given the following northern border options: Grand Portage MN, Portal ND, Pembina ND, Morgan MT, Opheim MT. I ended up choosing Grand Portage and need to report there Aug26 with a FLETC date of 10/2. I spoke with some officers in Grand Portage and they informed me that it is nearly impossible to transfer out of that port! I was hoping to accept any port in the hopes of transferring when I was hired but they said its not easy. It is very rural and housing is nearly impossible to find. Closest small town is an hour away from the actual port. I know BEES, you accepted an offer at first then you emailed TSU and received the port you wanted? What is the email address and what should I say? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
                I was originally not offered a port that I could accept, so I took the 30-day deferment. The email address is in the CBP newsletter on the last page under "Scheduling". I never accepted a port; therefore, I was still in the pool. If you already accepted, I'm not sure if you can change now. It's worth a try though!
                App (SWB): 3/14/12
                Test: 3/27/12
                NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                sent medical update form 6/21/13
                VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                EOD: 9/3/13
                FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

I was hoping to get a port on the northern border where there's actually civilization and officers don't have to live in their cars for the first couple months while they find a place to live lol. Who do I contact to withdraw my grand portage offer and wait for another call for other locations?
                  I accepted my first offer, later to decide to take the deferment instead. I called the number of the people that called me from MHC scheduling to make the offer. I am still in TSU and while I haven't gotten the second call for locations, my TSL date is a few months after most of your alls. Call the number that called you, or the scheduling number from the newsletter. You should be good, at least given my experience.
                  Last edited by payniel; 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM.
                  CBPO:
                  Test- 05/12
                  NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                  TSL1/2-08/12
                  PFT1/Med-09/12
                  VBT/SI-10/12
                  Poly-11/12
                  BI-12/12
                  TSU-01/24/13
                  1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                  Applied- 06/12
                  PFT-07/12
                  CJBAT- 12/12
                  Panel Interview- 01/13
                  BI- in process

FBI
                  Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by edsonger5 View Post
                    Hi Everyone

Can someone please give me info on how to find the status of a NOPA response I submitted last month??

Thank you and congrats to everyone who got the call!!
                    Grab a seat a magazine and enjoy the view from the waiting room it may be awhile. I handed in my NOPA at the end of last march and I'm still waiting. You can call IA and ask for an update on your BI that's the best info you can get. All I keep hearing is that it's in the third and final review stage awaiting supervisor approval. It's been on that guys desk since April though. I'm sure he has a ton to review so it's probably going to be awhile.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys. I will try and call tomorrow and I guess reject the offer. It sucks I might be in the pool probably for a long period of time. I guess I could ask if there are any other ports available. They might cancel my PFT2 then. It was supposed to be Aug 2 in San Diego

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will try and call tomorrow and I guess reject the offer. It sucks I might be in the pool probably for a long period of time. I guess I could ask if there are any other ports available. They might cancel my PFT2 then. It was supposed to be Aug 2 in San Diego
                        There is a real chance that your second offer will be no more to your liking than the first offer.

Out of curiousity, what NB ports would you be willing to accept? Many if not most NB ports are a fair distance from places of 'significant population'...especially if one defines 'significant population' as a city of meaningful size or relevance.

Comment

• i finally got the call....

8am pacific. i was still in bed.

i was offered
                          lukesville,
                          calexico,
                          san ysidro,
                          columbis
                          presidio

I chose san ysidro.

9-9 EOD
                          10-15 is FLETC

pft2 8-9

user member : bees- let's get in contact since we're going to the same place...

Same goes with anyone else san ysidro, sept 9th on for pre academy.

my email is nemesismole177 at yahoo dot com
                          Last edited by Mole177; 07-22-2013, 12:16 PM.
                          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                          NOR-11/11
                          TSL- 11/17/11
                          pft1- 12/8/11
                          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                          Qual- completed 3/12
                          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                          S I-completed 3/12
                          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                          Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                          new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by drwlf View Post
                            After your poly, did the examiner tell you that you passed or failed? According to the CBP website, the examiner should let you know immediately after whether you passed or failed.
                            He told me I would most likely get a second test. He told me the question I showed a "reaction" to and said its up to his supervisor who has the last say

Comment

• So I emailed MHC requesting to change from Calexico to San Ysidro which wasn't offered when I accepted my original offer, and shockingly they agreed to change it. Being from New York City I at least wanted to be close to a big city in San Diego and beaches. San Diego is 25 mins from San Ysidro compared to two hours in Calexico. Calexico also looked pretty run down when I was doing research. Anybody doing pre academy Aug 26th in San Ysidro?

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                                So I emailed MHC requesting to change from Calexico to San Ysidro which wasn't offered when I accepted my original offer, and shockingly they agreed to change it. Being from New York City I at least wanted to be close to a big city in San Diego and beaches. San Diego is 25 mins from San Ysidro compared to two hours in Calexico. Calexico also looked pretty run down when I was doing research. Anybody doing pre academy Aug 26th in San Ysidro?
                                I was thinking about emailing them and trying to change ports too. Can I have their email address?
                                Last edited by Zhunter; 07-23-2013, 06:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10380 users online. 503 members and 9877 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X