300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zhunter View Post
    So looks like I will be reporting to Grand Portage, Minnesota on 8/26/13 and starting the academy 10/2/13. I just got scheduled for my PFT2 For 8/2/13 in San Diego. Should be pretty easy since I'm used to running in Las Vegas. I know its a long shot, but is there anyone else reporting to Grand Portage?
    Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-10-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by threat level midnight View Post
      Can I get an honest opinion/statement. I am going to reapply to the announcement that is suppose to come out at the end of the month. Previously I applied for the SW Border but got DQ'd for failure to submit my medical paperwork on time when they requested additional info. If in the future I did get a position on the border, what is a realistic time frame that I would be able to transfer back to civilization, ie somewhere not on the border. I wouldn't mind waiting 3-5 years but if it would be significantly longer maybe I would be better off applying to a different geographical location. Again if could get an honest answer from someone that has gone through the processes of working on the border and transferred elsewhere or someone who has the general knowledge. I would appreciate any and all insight.
      Here is an honest answer...you never know with the feds, especially CBP. I know guys that got a transfer before having 2 years in. This is due to the lateral reassignment opportunities that they put in for. I know of 7 that transferred to JFK before having 2 years in, 1 to Skid Row, and 1 to Montana. It all depends on which locations are being offered, and how many vacancies are available at those locations under a given announcement. However, I know of guys that claim to put in for every announcement available and get denied. and they have more than 2 years in. It also depends on approval from your Port and/or Field Office.

If you don't think you can handle a couple years on the SWB, then don't put in for it. Pick the Southeast or another geographical region in your favor under the next announcement, even if that region states "few vacancies" instead of "many vacancies" (like the SWB most likely will be listed as.)

Comment

• Since it was brought up .... how does Christmas and those major holidays work at FLETC should we expect no time off?
        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/29/13
        TSU: 6/13/13
        Drug Test:6/12/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Pft2 scheduled for July 31st in South Florida, anyone else here going that day?

Comment

• Vermont

Anyone get a duty station in Vermont? Any idea how the ports are up there? I am assigned to Derby Line EOD 8/26. FLETC 9/25. I am hopeful that it will be a good place to work. Newport looks like a neat town. It probably wouldn't hurt to brush up on my French

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
              Pft2 scheduled for July 31st in South Florida, anyone else here going that day?
              I'm here today, lol. PFT2 is tomorrow morning
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Got all green checks this morning.
                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                NOR-11/11
                TSL- 11/17/11
                pft1- 12/8/11
                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                Qual- completed 3/12
                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                S I-completed 3/12
                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post

Good luck tomorrow! You will ace it.

Comment

• Originally posted by threat level midnight View Post
                    Can I get an honest opinion/statement. I am going to reapply to the announcement that is suppose to come out at the end of the month. Previously I applied for the SW Border but got DQ'd for failure to submit my medical paperwork on time when they requested additional info. If in the future I did get a position on the border, what is a realistic time frame that I would be able to transfer back to civilization, ie somewhere not on the border. I wouldn't mind waiting 3-5 years but if it would be significantly longer maybe I would be better off applying to a different geographical location. Again if could get an honest answer from someone that has gone through the processes of working on the border and transferred elsewhere or someone who has the general knowledge. I would appreciate any and all insight.

Your 3-5 year guestimate is probably not all that far off.

Understand though that basically anything associated with a swap/transfer/move is going to be situationally dependent. Good luck in predicting what the future holds within CBP 3-5 years down the road. If you're lucky, you might move far quicker. If you're unfortunate enough to be placed in a undesired port and/or in a less than optimal situation your wait might be years longer than that.

Comment

• Its been 3 weeks since I took my Polygraph and have not received my results. The examiner said 2 to 3 weeks. Should I be worried?

Comment

• I took my test in Miramar FL. I was completely honest. Did they tell you that you failed and then you received your results and you PASSED?

Originally posted by Bobhoward View Post
                        Where did you take your polygraph at??
                        Did he tell you if your polygraph spiked?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatNation View Post
                          Its been 3 weeks since I took my Polygraph and have not received my results. The examiner said 2 to 3 weeks. Should I be worried?
                          They say "no news is good news" but who knows. This process is very unpredictable!!

They say if you fail, u would get a certified letter, does anyone know how long it "usually" takes to get that letter after u fail the poly??

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                            Good luck, it's pretty easy from what most say

Comment

• Proud to announce that I passed the PFT2. This process has officially ended. Off to Texas to start a new career. Good luck to all of those taking the PFT2 soon.

P.S make sure you practice proper form push ups - back straight, legs together. Elbow needs to fully extend to count. A couple of guys were 1 or two push ups away from failing because they did some improper push ups that didnt count.

Also, when doing sit ups make sure that your shoulders touch the mat and when you come up make sure that your elbows pass your knees. Your hands need to be behind your head but not interlocked with your fingers. Instructors will demonstrate but it's good to know beforehand anyway. Overall it's a pretty easy process.

For those who might be interested in my times, they were 220 yd dash at 30 secs and 1.5 mile run at 10:48
                              Last edited by Pointman8; 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM.
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                              TSU: 3/28/13
                              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Congrats pointman! Thanks for the insight. Do you know how long pre academy is?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10778 users online. 386 members and 10392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X