300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    Guess I'm up next for the PFT2. Take mine on 7/17. If I jammed my finger do you think I'll be ok? I can do all of what they require with the 1.5 mile run, 220 yard dash, push up, sit up test. Just don't want something small like a bad finger jamming me up (No pun intended, lol).

You will be just fine Pointman!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
      Any recommendations on how to prepare for the CBPO exam?
      for me the math was not hard but annoying, college spoiled me by using calculator to do pretty much everything, get back to basics of doing algebra by hand

Comment

• Hi Guys!!! With the EOD's coming out, I've got a nice little casita in Nogales, AZ if any of you need a place to stay for pre-acadamy. Just one CBP Officer helping out another. Good luck!
        12/10 test
        1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
        3/11 TO (AZ)
        10/11 Referred to Sched
        11/11 The Call (Nogales)
        12/2/11 pft2
        12/19/11 EOD
        2/6/12 FLETC

Comment

• flywheeler brings up something I've had a question about. What are y'all doing for pre-academy for housing? What do most people do? The obvious answer seems to be find an apt that will rent for a month, right?

Also, what if you're in a really rural port like Presidio where there aren't many housing options? Does CBP offer housing or at least advice at such ports? Merlin might have to answer.
          NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
          TSL1: 8/14/2012
          TSL2: 8/16/2012
          PFT1: 9/17/2012
          Poly: 11/14/2012
          Drug Test: 12/7/2012
          BI: cleared 12/2012
          Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
          TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
          EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• I'm not totally disagreeing with your above statements, just the part about the "real LEO" stuff. CBP Officers enforce federal law, be it immigration, customs/imports or narcotics/contraband. It is indeed different than what folks think of when it come to your typical state law enforcement "cop". If that's what you're looking for, this is not it, no speeding tickets here. But, as is the case with all law enforcement, our work is 99% slow and 1% crazy busy. At least here in Nogales, I have put more dope on the table and arrested more people in one year than in 5 years as a county sheriffs deputy. Different, but definitely LEO work.
            12/10 test
            1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
            3/11 TO (AZ)
            10/11 Referred to Sched
            11/11 The Call (Nogales)
            12/2/11 pft2
            12/19/11 EOD
            2/6/12 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
              Just got the call! Heading to Calexico, CA. Fletc Oct 2 - Feb 14. Anyone here heading Calexico for pre academy?
              I will be going to Calexico for pre academy. Report date is 8/19/2013. Do you know where you will be staying during the pre academy? I am currently looking for hotels and any places to stay for the pre academy.

My name is Josh by the way and look forward to meeting you.

Are you familiar with Calexico?

Comment

• Looking back over the posts I was wondering who all that got call also received a 10/02/13 academy date? I found E92 M3, anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdavis4 View Post
                  I will be going to Calexico for pre academy. Report date is 8/19/2013. Do you know where you will be staying during the pre academy? I am currently looking for hotels and any places to stay for the pre academy.

My name is Josh by the way and look forward to meeting you.
                  No clue where I'm staying as of yet, don't even how long pre a academy is, I'll send you a PM

Are you familiar with Calexico?
                  Not familiar at all I'm from NY, I'll send you a PM, but you gotta turn Enable private messaging
                  Last edited by E92_M3; 07-14-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• I will be there on 10/2/13
                    Last edited by Zhunter; 07-14-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Not familiar at all I'm from NY, I'll send you a PM, but you gotta turn Enable private messaging
                      Jdavis4, E92,

I'm from San Diego, the nearest metropolitan area to Calexico, and I go to Calexico on a regular basis for work. I would not stay in Calexico on a short- or long-term basis. Your best bet is to stay in El Centro or Imperial. For short term your best bet is:

Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro
                      503 E. Danenberg Drive · El Centro, California 92243
                      (760) 353-2600

Also, try TownePlace Suites El Centro (760) 370-3800. (next door) I've never stayed there, but it is a Marriott hotel as well and it was built in the same time frame making these the best choices in the area. Plus it is a suite, so it will cater to long-term guests.

The Fairfield is nice by most standards and it is full up with LEOs who are in the valley on a short term basis. You are walking distance to a decent mall, which has a movie theater and there are several restaurants, including Famous Dave's BBQ. It will not be cheap to stay there so if you don't mind sharing a room I would get together to split the cost for one room with two double beds. The hotel has free breakfast, so you can save a little from that standpoint. There are much worse locations to be assigned for CBP, but the Imperial Valley is a true crap hole (no offense to people from there) by CA standards. That being said, I would take that location over South TX any day of the week.

Your overall best bet would be to find a Federal LEO to rent a room from. There are many in the area looking to rent out rooms.

Let me know if you have any questions at all.
                      Last edited by TripleD; 07-14-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                        Jdavis4, E92,

I'm from San Diego, the nearest metropolitan area to Calexico, and I go to Calexico on a regular basis for work. I would not stay in Calexico on a short- or long-term basis. Your best bet is to stay in El Centro or Imperial. For short term your best bet is:

Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro
                        503 E. Danenberg Drive · El Centro, California 92243
                        (760) 353-2600

Also, try TownePlace Suites El Centro (760) 370-3800. (next door) I've never stayed there, but it is a Marriott hotel as well and it was built in the same time frame making these the best choices in the area. Plus it is a suite, so it will cater to long-term guests.

The Fairfield is nice by most standards and it is full up with LEOs who are in the valley on a short term basis. You are walking distance to a decent mall, which has a movie theater and there are several restaurants, including Famous Dave's BBQ. It will not be cheap to stay there so if you don't mind sharing a room I would get together to split the cost for one room with two double beds. The hotel has free breakfast, so you can save a little from that standpoint. There are much worse locations to be assigned for CBP, but the Imperial Valley is a true crap hole (no offense to people from there) by CA standards. That being said, I would take that location over South TX any day of the week.

Your overall best bet would be to find a Federal LEO to rent a room from. There are many in the area looking to rent out rooms.

Let me know if you have any questions at all.
                        Thanks you, Appreciate the info, I definitely will be keeping in contact with you for more info

Comment

• Where did you take your polygraph at??
                          Did he tell you if your polygraph spiked?

Originally posted by HeatNation View Post
                          Hey Guys,

I took my Polygraph about 2 weeks ago. I felt pretty confident I would do well. I was honest but very nervous. After taking the test I was interrogated. The guy made it seem like I was hiding something. I was completely honest. After he said he would forward my results to QC and they would make the final decision. He also asked if I would be willing to take a second test. I said I don’t mind. If I take a second test I feel like my nerves wouldn't be as bad. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome?

Thanks

Comment

What part of NY are you from?
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                              What part of NY are you from?
                              Brooklyn, Mill Basin area

Comment

• Oh my E92, you're going to have a major culture shock in Imperial Valley. The plus side is you're close to San Diego, and I hear the work environment is good at the Two Calexico POEs. I don't think they're getting drafted to do OT as much as San Ysidro.

You have to check out Rosa's Plane Food at the "Calexico International Airport". Bring your appetite and, being that you're from a big city, you'll get a laugh out of the sign for the airport.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18559 users online. 473 members and 18086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X