Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
    I posted a week or so ago about my BI finally cleared (completing all green checks..again), but then my med expired....again. I received an email which contained a medical self certification letter which need to be completed by the 9th (two days ago now). I completed it last week on the 3rd and emailed it back (one of the options for getting it to them). On Monday I received an email stating it had been received and I was complete again, with CASS reflecting the same thing on Tuesday. Back to all green..wooohooo (though no "referred to scheduling" yet).

    Today at work I missed a call and thought it was someone else I had been waiting on. After checking my voicemail turns out it was scheduling calling. I tried calling back but got their voicemail. I'm hoping to get in touch tomorrow. But wait, the good times keep rolling. I checked CASS tonight and it now shows referred to scheduling. Yes, I got A call....maybe THE call?!! Keeping fingers crossed...after all these years!!
    awesome bud! keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
      Is there anyone on this forum that took the test in 2010 and have selected the north east region? If so please share your time line so that I can get an better idea where I stand?
      I'm still pending a background investigation and I applied to SWB and tested in 2010. Your best bet is to try to forget where you stand and keep your options open but continue to live your life.
      Gek.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
        I posted a week or so ago about my BI finally cleared (completing all green checks..again), but then my med expired....again. I received an email which contained a medical self certification letter which need to be completed by the 9th (two days ago now). I completed it last week on the 3rd and emailed it back (one of the options for getting it to them). On Monday I received an email stating it had been received and I was complete again, with CASS reflecting the same thing on Tuesday. Back to all green..wooohooo (though no "referred to scheduling" yet).

        Today at work I missed a call and thought it was someone else I had been waiting on. After checking my voicemail turns out it was scheduling calling. I tried calling back but got their voicemail. I'm hoping to get in touch tomorrow. But wait, the good times keep rolling. I checked CASS tonight and it now shows referred to scheduling. Yes, I got A call....maybe THE call?!! Keeping fingers crossed...after all these years!!
        That is great news! Good to see your patience and determination pay off! I have had a tough process, but compared to you and what Yoda went through mine is nothing. Hopefully I'll be following you soon and congrats again!
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

        NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

        PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
          I posted a week or so ago about my BI finally cleared (completing all green checks..again), but then my med expired....again. I received an email which contained a medical self certification letter which need to be completed by the 9th (two days ago now). I completed it last week on the 3rd and emailed it back (one of the options for getting it to them). On Monday I received an email stating it had been received and I was complete again, with CASS reflecting the same thing on Tuesday. Back to all green..wooohooo (though no "referred to scheduling" yet).

          Today at work I missed a call and thought it was someone else I had been waiting on. After checking my voicemail turns out it was scheduling calling. I tried calling back but got their voicemail. I'm hoping to get in touch tomorrow. But wait, the good times keep rolling. I checked CASS tonight and it now shows referred to scheduling. Yes, I got A call....maybe THE call?!! Keeping fingers crossed...after all these years!!
          Ohhh man this is really awesome. I am so excited for you!!! It's been a long time coming for sure. I hope you get the Port you desire. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you, Buddy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cmpdhopeful View Post
            Maybe someone can answer this for me. I took my fitness and medical last week. On Friday I had a green check next to my fitness and it said that it was successfully completed. Now today it is back to pending and it says that it has been forwarded to the fitness director for determination. Why would they change that?
            You should give MHC a ring and find out specifically what is being reviewed. Let's hope for your sake the green check was not accidentally placed there. Lord knows there are so many people involved with this process...mistakes are bound to happen. I once posted about how one of my green checks disappeared after being there for several months. When I emailed MHC, I got an immediate response stating there was nothing outstanding and I'm good to go. The green check re-appeared after a few hours. If I were you, I would be calling to find out why is the fitness Director reviewing my file.

            Comment


            • Thanks everyone for the support and kind thoughts. Especially because.....they paid off!! Yep, it was indeed THE call! I got in touch with MHC this morning and they offered me a position (and at the port I originally applied for!). I was offered and accepted Charleston, SC. I'm scheduled to EOD on 9/03 with an academy date of 10/2. I had to try super hard not to say something really smart ***** when she said "are you willing to accept this position"! Hmmmmm... let me think about that for a MILLISECOND! LOL

              For those who are hitting a few bumps in the road, hang in there. All is not lost until it's finally over. Even when it gets to a point it feels like "that's it", keep fighting and go down swinging. As a case in point here are the highlights of what I've fought through during the past 5 years:

              -Completed everything but the BI and drug screening...then had my tentative offer rescinded due to age. It took almost a year of fighting to have that reinstated.
              -Hiring freeze which kept everyone in limbo. Also caused stuff to expire.
              -Had to repeat the physical and BI twice.....not counting the initial ones.
              -During an update for the last physical I got sent to a quack doctor that created a bunch of problems and caused my file to be sent to medical review. I had to go to three different doctors (three separate issues to address), at my expense to clear the medical.
              -Received a NOPA for answers given during the interview portion for the poly which they didn't like. Responded to and addressed those issues.

              All of this stuff took massive amounts of time, money out of my pocket and also froze my application while everyone else was moving on. Other than the interview and the written exam, they threw roadblocks at me for every other step. The reason I've pointed all of this out is to offer hope to those that think it'll never happen. Hang in there!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                Thanks everyone for the support and kind thoughts. Especially because.....they paid off!! Yep, it was indeed THE call! I got in touch with MHC this morning and they offered me a position (and at the port I originally applied for!). I was offered and accepted Charleston, SC. I'm scheduled to EOD on 9/03 with an academy date of 10/2. I had to try super hard not to say something really smart ***** when she said "are you willing to accept this position"! Hmmmmm... let me think about that for a MILLISECOND! LOL

                For those who are hitting a few bumps in the road, hang in there. All is not lost until it's finally over. Even when it gets to a point it feels like "that's it", keep fighting and go down swinging. As a case in point here are the highlights of what I've fought through during the past 5 years:

                -Completed everything but the BI and drug screening...then had my tentative offer rescinded due to age. It took almost a year of fighting to have that reinstated.
                -Hiring freeze which kept everyone in limbo. Also caused stuff to expire.
                -Had to repeat the physical and BI twice.....not counting the initial ones.
                -During an update for the last physical I got sent to a quack doctor that created a bunch of problems and caused my file to be sent to medical review. I had to go to three different doctors (three separate issues to address), at my expense to clear the medical.
                -Received a NOPA for answers given during the interview portion for the poly which they didn't like. Responded to and addressed those issues.

                All of this stuff took massive amounts of time, money out of my pocket and also froze my application while everyone else was moving on. Other than the interview and the written exam, they threw roadblocks at me for every other step. The reason I've pointed all of this out is to offer hope to those that think it'll never happen. Hang in there!!!!
                Congrats man, you are the definition of persistence and patience, All the best. Guess I have nothing to complain about when I read stories like yours

                Comment


                • lol, that's great 66Pony. I love it! Congratulations. So it seems like many of us will be meeting each other in FLETC in the next couple of months
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                  TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                  Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                  VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                  Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                  Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                  Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                  BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                  TSU: 3/28/13
                  EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                  FLETC: 9/13/13

                  Comment


                  • 66Pony you are now permitted to moon walk on Cloud 9! Haha.

                    Congrats and good job waiting it out. You did a superb job showing true heart and determination...be proud of yourself. Cheers all the way!

                    Comment


                    • hey guys this is my first time posting here I been doing the whole process for approximately a year now just feels good to read your post keeps hope alive.

                      Comment


                      • Yay, Who wants to go to Abu Dhabi for preclearance... I say the more preclearance locations, the better. Equals more chance to do it.

                        http: //online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130710-708942.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

                        Since the forum rules won't let me posts links, take the space out after http:

                        Comment


                        • Similar to another story, I was in the process with CBP; passed the PF1, medical, interview process, and they just started my background investigation. I answered honestly with all questions in the initial application. Long story short I've used marijuana 3 x's in my life, I can recall the 3 places and the month and year of each, last being May 2010. It was completely experimental and I do not agree with using anymore and will never use again. I received a call in June from someone with the hiring process saying, "We appreciate your honesty with all questions but, you are ineligable due to your drug use." I asked what the window was for the last use and he said he couldn't tell me, like they didn't know. He said it changes, with the economy etc. So I had to withdraw my application to "keep it off my record", as suggested by the gentleman that contacted me, crazy!??!?! I can't appeal, I've already withdrew..... suggestions?
                          Tests taken:
                          Erie County Sheriff
                          Erie County Police
                          Catt County Sheriff
                          Catt County Police
                          NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
                          score:85 rank:7xx
                          NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
                          NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
                          CBP

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hoffs11 View Post
                            Similar to another story, I was in the process with CBP; passed the PF1, medical, interview process, and they just started my background investigation. I answered honestly with all questions in the initial application. Long story short I've used marijuana 3 x's in my life, I can recall the 3 places and the month and year of each, last being May 2010. It was completely experimental and I do not agree with using anymore and will never use again. I received a call in June from someone with the hiring process saying, "We appreciate your honesty with all questions but, you are ineligable due to your drug use." I asked what the window was for the last use and he said he couldn't tell me, like they didn't know. He said it changes, with the economy etc. So I had to withdraw my application to "keep it off my record", as suggested by the gentleman that contacted me, crazy!??!?! I can't appeal, I've already withdrew..... suggestions?
                            The mimimum window I've seen in regards to experimental MJ use is 3 years. That more or less assumes that one was a minor during his experimentation. An 'adult' smoking weed is probably looking at a window considerably longer.

                            Depending on your particulars, you might be able to reapply later this month and skate by.

                            Comment


                            • Hey Everyone,

                              Long time reader, 1st time writing on here. This process is very agitating ! Just wanted to say hey and Im happy for everyone who got the call (Esp. those who have been waiting for 3-5 years). If you havent yet, keep hope alive but keep pushing for other positions. Dont throw all your eggs on Customs basket bc they there's no guarantees but remain positive and confident. Representing the females out here ! =)


                              GEO: SWB
                              App:4/2012
                              Written: 6/2012
                              NOR: 8/2012 80%
                              TSL: 9/2012
                              Medical & Fitness #1: 10/2012
                              Forms Sent: 8/2012
                              VBT: 3/2013 Passed
                              Forms Received: 3/2013
                              BI: security office 3/2013
                              Qualifications: GS-7
                              Poly: 5/2013
                              Drug Test: --
                              BI Investigator: --
                              TSU:--
                              EOD:--
                              FLETC:--

                              Comment


                              • Got my 2nd and last call today with the following POE

                                1. San Luis, AZ
                                2. Yuma, AZ
                                3. Columbus, NM
                                4. Presidio, TX
                                5. Eagle Pass, TX
                                6. Rio Grande, TX

                                Dates: August 26th, 2013 EOD
                                Academy : Oct 2- Feb14
                                Unfortunately I will have to deny these offers, so one of you can have my spot . Wanted San Ysidro, CA. Will have to reapply next announcement. Hope that helps and good luck.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13372 users online. 525 members and 12847 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X