Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how long does it take to transfer to another port in CBP? Let's say I get offered a small port like Eagle Pass and take it, does anyone know the maximum amount of time I would have to wait to transfer to a bigger port like El Paso?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bees View Post
      I also received THE CALL today.

With regret, I had to defer for 30 days. Calexico was the only Cali port offered, and I won't be able to relocate. My only options are San Ysidro or Otay Mesa.

If I had accepted, this is what my timeframe would have been:

EOD: 9/3/13
      FLETC: 10/2/13 - 2/14/14

Just for all of you out there wondering, I asked what other ports were currently available:

AZ: Lukeville, San Luis
      NM: Columbus
      TX: Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Fabens, Laredo, Progresso, Presidio, Rio Grande, Roma

I am pretty bummed to say the least. San Ysidro doesn't seem too promising after my 30 day deferral. MHC said they had it available last month but it was scooped up pretty quickly.

P.s. I am female in case you were wondering.
      You should have told them if they call IA and finally get my BI cleared I would gladly take San Luis! Haha
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by cammyman1 View Post
        I was asked the same thing by my examiner. Within a month I then got a letter in the mail asking to explain things in further detail ("derogatory things that came in my poly"). I recently got a letter stating that my background has been completed and that I am eligible for employment. I am now waiting for it to clear on CASS.
        Sounds like you had a NOPA. Do you mind me asking when you sent yours in and how long it took them to finally clear you? I've been waiting since late March. Do you mind telling me if you received a call informing you as well or just the letter? Also who sent the letter stating you we're cleared? MHC? IA? Sorry about the 20 questions.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Maybe someone can answer this for me. I took my fitness and medical last week. On Friday I had a green check next to my fitness and it said that it was successfully completed. Now today it is back to pending and it says that it has been forwarded to the fitness director for determination. Why would they change that?

Comment

• Lets keep these calls for the SWB coming!

Comment

• Hey gang. Long time reader of the forum. First time post. Took the written exam in Feb of 2011. Got an offer for Northeast Border in late June. My tentative selection was in December 2012 then flew through the rest of the process. My EOD date is 8/26/2013 and FLETC is 9/24/2013. Hope to meet up with some of you folks there! Good luck to all those waiting for final offers.

Comment

• Is there anyone on this forum that took the test in 2010 and have selected the north east region? If so please share your time line so that I can get an better idea where I stand?

Comment

• Hello

Who can I contact to check the status of my NOPA?

Thank you for the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
                    Is there anyone on this forum that took the test in 2010 and have selected the north east region? If so please share your time line so that I can get an better idea where I stand?

I took the test 12/2010 for North East region. Took a little over a year to get tsl. Everything seemed to move fairly quick after that, then everythi g came to a screeching hault. Then finally beginning December 2012, I got called for my poly. Went through the same song and dance that most went through with the poly. Now here I am 7 months since I took my poly...haven't been contacted by a BI, and no one seems to know what is going on with my case besides that it is still pending. VERY VERY frustrating to say the least! But when I see people on here that have been waiting 4-5 years, I try not to complain. It is very frustrating though to see testers from 2012 already called for JFK and NWK, and I can't get anyone to let me know what is going on with my process.

Comment

• ...........................................Double Post...........................
                      Last edited by FullMetal; 07-10-2013, 03:54 PM.
                      "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by cmpdhopeful View Post
                        Maybe someone can answer this for me. I took my fitness and medical last week. On Friday I had a green check next to my fitness and it said that it was successfully completed. Now today it is back to pending and it says that it has been forwarded to the fitness director for determination. Why would they change that?
                        I can't confirm, but you may be placed on a medical review. I was placed on one. It's easy to clear up. You may get a letter in the mail asking for more information on a issue they found. All I had to do was go to my doctor and get them to sign of on me. Piece of cake.
                        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC162 View Post
                          I took the test 12/2010 for North East region. Took a little over a year to get tsl. Everything seemed to move fairly quick after that, then everythi g came to a screeching hault. Then finally beginning December 2012, I got called for my poly. Went through the same song and dance that most went through with the poly. Now here I am 7 months since I took my poly...haven't been contacted by a BI, and no one seems to know what is going on with my case besides that it is still pending. VERY VERY frustrating to say the least! But when I see people on here that have been waiting 4-5 years, I try not to complain. It is very frustrating though to see testers from 2012 already called for JFK and NWK, and I can't get anyone to let me know what is going on with my process.
                          Tell me about it, 12/10 tester here switched to Arizona from JFK in May 2011 got a TSL that June was moving pretty quickly then IA got their hands on my file in August of 2011 and its been there ever since. Finally took the poly February of 2013, got a NOPA (not from failing the poly, I passed that) sent in my NOPA response in May of 2013. They now tell me its in the third and final review stage. Waiting for a supervisor to approve it (all NOPAS have to go through a supervisor). Its been there for 4 months now. This supervisor must be tremendously busy haha. You have to laugh or you just may scream haha. It's ok though once I get through this and get the job I'll appreciate it that much more. As a matter of fact I already do. You are right though seeing people that tested after me get in is frustrating to say the least, but I'm happy for them. My time will come soon enough.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Unofficial word is that there will be an open period starting July 29th.... For those looking to apply or those wanting to change region, here it comes...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Anyone on here take the test in LA at the Airport Holiday Inn on August 2012? If so where are you in the process?

I took my polygraph about 2 weeks ago, told I passed and asked if I was willing to come back in case further questioning was needed. Since then CASS still says BI is "in the security office" and drug testing "to be scheduled"

Comment

• I posted a week or so ago about my BI finally cleared (completing all green checks..again), but then my med expired....again. I received an email which contained a medical self certification letter which need to be completed by the 9th (two days ago now). I completed it last week on the 3rd and emailed it back (one of the options for getting it to them). On Monday I received an email stating it had been received and I was complete again, with CASS reflecting the same thing on Tuesday. Back to all green..wooohooo (though no "referred to scheduling" yet).

Today at work I missed a call and thought it was someone else I had been waiting on. After checking my voicemail turns out it was scheduling calling. I tried calling back but got their voicemail. I'm hoping to get in touch tomorrow. But wait, the good times keep rolling. I checked CASS tonight and it now shows referred to scheduling. Yes, I got A call....maybe THE call?!! Keeping fingers crossed...after all these years!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11071 users online. 375 members and 10696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X