Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Guys,

    I took my Polygraph about 2 weeks ago. I felt pretty confident I would do well. I was honest but very nervous. After taking the test I was interrogated. The guy made it seem like I was hiding something. I was completely honest. After he said he would forward my results to QC and they would make the final decision. He also asked if I would be willing to take a second test. I said I don’t mind. If I take a second test I feel like my nerves wouldn't be as bad. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome?

    Thanks

    Comment


    • I was asked the same thing by my examiner. Within a month I then got a letter in the mail asking to explain things in further detail ("derogatory things that came in my poly"). I recently got a letter stating that my background has been completed and that I am eligible for employment. I am now waiting for it to clear on CASS.
      Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
      CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
      NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
      Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
      VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
      Poly: Passed 2/13
      Quals: 6/13
      BI: 6/13
      Drug Test: 7/13
      TSU: 7/31/2013
      PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
      EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
      FLETC: Class 341

      Comment


      • I've got my PFT2 this Friday in Bellingham, WA. Ready to wrap up this final piece of the pre-employment process already!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by HeatNation View Post
          Hey Guys,

          I took my Polygraph about 2 weeks ago. I felt pretty confident I would do well. I was honest but very nervous. After taking the test I was interrogated. The guy made it seem like I was hiding something. I was completely honest. After he said he would forward my results to QC and they would make the final decision. He also asked if I would be willing to take a second test. I said I don’t mind. If I take a second test I feel like my nerves wouldn't be as bad. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome?

          Thanks
          I would be honored to take the reins on this question being that I took 4 of those dreadful things if my fellow forum members would let me lol You my friend, just joined about 90 percent of other applicants. Nearly everyone receives an interrogation afterwards perhaps even if the test went favorably. My theory is that they are trying to test your integrity and waivering on certain topics. Nonetheless, dont count yourself out of the process in the least. I believe there are very few of us who have taken only 1 poly. Most have taken 2, some have taken 3 and a few have taken 4.
          CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
          Geo: Central/East
          NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
          TSL:11/1/12
          Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
          Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
          Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
          VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
          Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
          Met BI: 5/29/13
          TSU: 6/13/13
          Drug Test:6/12/13
          PFT 2:
          EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Crimestopshere View Post
            I've got my PFT2 this Friday in Bellingham, WA. Ready to wrap up this final piece of the pre-employment process already!
            Miami, FL on the 17th!!!
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
            TSU: 3/28/13
            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
            FLETC: 9/13/13

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
              Miami, FL on the 17th!!!
              West Virginia on July 31st!!
              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
              Geo: Central/East
              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
              TSL:11/1/12
              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
              Met BI: 5/29/13
              TSU: 6/13/13
              Drug Test:6/12/13
              PFT 2:
              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

              Comment


              • I am sure this has been asked before but I have searched hundreds of pages of this thread and have been unable to locate the answer. If I hire on as a GS-5 Will i start at a step one? Also every year that I go up a GS level will I start at step one? Thanks for the info!

                Comment


                • Short answer, for most people without current/previous federal employment, yes.

                  Assuming no future changes , the normal progression for a GS-05 each year would be...

                  05/01
                  07/01
                  09/01
                  11/01
                  12/01
                  12/02
                  12/03
                  12/04
                  12/04
                  12/05
                  12/05
                  12/06
                  12/06
                  12/07
                  12/07
                  12/07
                  12/08
                  12/08
                  12/08
                  12/09
                  12/09
                  12/09
                  12/10

                  With GS-12/10 being the salary for each year additional.

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for the info Merlin. Well I guess the first year will be pretty rough only making 30k a year on the border but after a couple of years it will be well worth it.

                    Comment


                    • I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first posting. Just got the call this morning for an EOD of 8/26/13 and FLETC academy 9/24/13!!! Only took 3 years!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zhunter View Post
                        I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first posting. Just got the call this morning for an EOD of 8/26/13 and FLETC academy 9/24/13!!! Only took 3 years!
                        Alright a new FLETC class, 9/13, 9/16 and now 9/24. What region you heading to? And your timeline?

                        Comment


                        • I have a question, Merlin might have to answer it. Is there a certain number of females that have to be in each academy class if possible? I'm not sure how some of you have waited 2+ years, but I give you props! Lol This waiting process is rough and I started to get discouraged today and then I looked on here and saw that a new academy class was being called. Helped brighten the moment a little. Lol Thanks in advance for any info you might have on my question.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
                            I have a question, Merlin might have to answer it. Is there a certain number of females that have to be in each academy class if possible? I'm not sure how some of you have waited 2+ years, but I give you props! Lol This waiting process is rough and I started to get discouraged today and then I looked on here and saw that a new academy class was being called. Helped brighten the moment a little. Lol Thanks in advance for any info you might have on my question.
                            This process is just random, I wish MHC could give better time frames but it's pretty much get to TSU and it could be days to several months according to them. Patience

                            Comment


                            • It appears that for those in TSU for the SWB, we are currently around 01/01/2013 for TSLs that have been called...
                              NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                              TSL1: 8/14/2012
                              TSL2: 8/16/2012
                              PFT1: 9/17/2012
                              Poly: 11/14/2012
                              Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                              BI: cleared 12/2012
                              Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                              TSU: 5/29/2013

                              "The Call": 8/6/2013
                              EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

                              Comment


                              • I also received THE CALL today.

                                With regret, I had to defer for 30 days. Calexico was the only Cali port offered, and I won't be able to relocate. My only options are San Ysidro or Otay Mesa.

                                If I had accepted, this is what my timeframe would have been:

                                EOD: 9/3/13
                                FLETC: 10/2/13 - 2/14/14

                                Just for all of you out there wondering, I asked what other ports were currently available:

                                AZ: Lukeville, San Luis
                                NM: Columbus
                                TX: Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Fabens, Laredo, Progresso, Presidio, Rio Grande, Roma

                                I am pretty bummed to say the least. San Ysidro doesn't seem too promising after my 30 day deferral. MHC said they had it available last month but it was scooped up pretty quickly.

                                P.s. I am female in case you were wondering.
                                App (SWB): 3/14/12
                                Test: 3/27/12
                                NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                                TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                                Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                                Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                                PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                                Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                                sent medical update form 6/21/13
                                VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                                Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                                Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                                Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                                Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                                EOD: 9/3/13
                                FLETC: 10/2/13

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11060 users online. 447 members and 10613 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X