VBT: 11/12
    Poly: 3/13
    B.I. completed: 3/13
    Qual: 5/18/13 (GS:7)
    Drug Test: 6/13
    TSU:6/12/13
    EOD:??
    FLETC:??

Rough timeline?! According to your dates, your process took ONE year. Ask people who have been in this process since 2010 (or even 2008) about what rough timeline is. You got lucky...and that was a good thing. I hope you get your call soon even if it's before I get mine.

Comment

• Hello there, first time poster, long time reader....thanks for all the insight from all of you here..congrats to all that got "the call" and are awaiting eod....for those of you still in the early/mid stages just bide your time and stay patient, patient, patient cuz lord knows it is required from all of us lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
        Still waiting to be contacted to schedule my pft 2. I know im taking it in West Virginia and I was supposed to be contacted within a week of accepting the offer to officially schedule it. Anyone have any info?
        Wow our timelines are nearly identical....some dates are the same and I'm in the same boat as you, waiting to be contacted to schedule my pft 2 in WV as well so I guess we'll be there the same day....looks like we'll be attending FLETC the same time too! Here's my timeline

CBPO Exam: 4/23/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/4/12 Cleared
        VBT/SI: 12/20/12 Cleared
        Qual: 01/17/13 GS-7 Cleared
        Poly 1: 4/30/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/11/13
        Background: 5/30/13 Cleared
        Drug Test:6/11/13 Cleared
        The "call": 6/25/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Dulles FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
          Rough timeline?! According to your dates, your process took ONE year. Ask people who have been in this process since 2010 (or even 2008) about what rough timeline is. You got lucky...and that was a good thing. I hope you get your call soon even if it's before I get mine.
          Think he meant roughly estimated timeline, what is your timeline looking like Stoneface?

Comment

Haha I meant "rough" as in not a precise date for each step. I definitely got lucky (understatement) with going through this whole process in a year. Props to the guys and gals hanging around waiting for the call for 1,2,3 years...etc!

Hope you all get the call soon!!!!
            "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• I just called MHC to ask when my pft2 is gonna be and she told me July 31st in harpers ferry wv at 9 am. They will be sending out official emails today and if not today then first thing friday I was told. On another note, my cass says august 19 eod and I remember the person making the call for me told me the 19th as well. I called today about the pft and she told me I have an August 12th report date. I dont get it lol
              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
              Geo: Central/East
              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
              TSL:11/1/12
              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
              Met BI: 5/29/13
              TSU: 6/13/13
              Drug Test:6/12/13
              PFT 2:
              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Yoda,

Thanks for the information. I apply for the SWB region and hoping for San Ysidro or Otay Mesa.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                  Thanks Pony,

Prior to the most recent bg did they send you a notification to update your equip or did they work off of your previous sf 86?
                  I had to do an update. While you may not have to do all of the initial gathering of info for it, it's still a pain because you have to go back through EVERYTHING, line by line!

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                    Think he meant roughly estimated timeline, what is your timeline looking like Stoneface?
                    My timeline:

GEO: SWB
                    CBPO Test: 10/11
                    TSL: 2/12
                    Qualification: GS-7
                    PFT1: 6/12
                    VBT/SI: 6/12
                    Medical: 6/12
                    Polygraph: 3/13
                    BI: 3/13
                    Drug Test: 3/13
                    TSU: 3/13
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:
                    FLETC:

I know the call will come when it is suppose to, but in the mean time I've been training for PFT2 and enjoying life. I try not to think too much about this process...until someone asks me (every. single. day.) if I've heard anything yet!! So bloody annoying. I want to really be a brat and scream who gives a flying fig?!?!

Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post
                      Haha I meant "rough" as in not a precise date for each step. I definitely got lucky (understatement) with going through this whole process in a year. Props to the guys and gals hanging around waiting for the call for 1,2,3 years...etc!

Ohh my bad! I totally thought you meant it the other way. I stand corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post

Thanks the wait can be brutal, but what you're waiting for is well worth it!
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I contacted the Minneapolis hiring center and I was told that I am waiting for internal affairs to contact me for the polygraph. Does that mean that my background has already started? I am trying to calculate when my background will be completed. I hear some people say that it takes two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
                            I contacted the Minneapolis hiring center and I was told that I am waiting for internal affairs to contact me for the polygraph. Does that mean that my background has already started? I am trying to calculate when my background will be completed. I hear some people say that it takes two years.
                            It doesn't mean anything. If you have not been contacted for your polygraph, then more than likely your background has not started. The polygraph is the first part of your background...if you pass the polygraph, the second part of the background investigation will begin.

As far as trying to calculate when your background will be completed, don't waste your time. If you have not read the posts on this forum then you should because they notate precisely how random these steps are for applicants. You can wait a few months or a few years. There is no exact time frame for any of it. Just scroll through the pages and peruse the timeline of members on here...see for yourself. There is a huge degree of unpredictability involved with this application process, which it is often discussed on here.

Comment

It doesn't mean anything. If you have not been contacted for your polygraph, then more than likely your background has not started. The polygraph is the first part of your background...if you pass the polygraph, the second part of the background investigation will begin.

As far as trying to calculate when your background will be completed, don't waste your time. If you have not read the posts on this forum then you should because they notate precisely how random these steps are for applicants. You can wait a few months or a few years. There is no exact time frame for any of it. Just scroll through the pages and peruse the timeline of members on here...see for yourself. There is a huge degree of unpredictability involved with this application process, which it is often discussed on here.
                              Don't mean on stepping on your toes but I'm not sure if this is correct. I remember receiving 2 letters from my credit agencies detailing cbp's action on looking into my credit history. I have not done my poly yet and I don't even have it scheduled. I think they run through your paperwork very quickly and point out things of interest to them look at it then decided if they are going to proceed. But I could be wrong. Anyone have insight on this ?
                              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                              first choice: Florida region
                              second choice: Puerto Rico
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              Test Management Application-8/16/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                                Don't mean on stepping on your toes but I'm not sure if this is correct. I remember receiving 2 letters from my credit agencies detailing cbp's action on looking into my credit history. I have not done my poly yet and I don't even have it scheduled. I think they run through your paperwork very quickly and point out things of interest to them look at it then decided if they are going to proceed. But I could be wrong. Anyone have insight on this ?
                                What isn't correct? Can you please elaborate?

Also, CBP checking an applicant's credit report is part of their protocol relevant to your application... in order to have your file squared away for IA. I wouldn't necessarily say a credit check on an applicant indicates CBP's initiation of their investigation into that applicant's background. A credit check is much like a formal transcript request...all part of protocol for the purpose of making determinations on your file.

One can always argue that CBP looking at a credit report is part of background. Of course, this is subject to interpretation...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5935 users online. 347 members and 5588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X