300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
    It's been over two months since I was told I "failed" my polygraph and I still haven't heard anything. Is this pretty typical? I'm sure this has been answered before, but it's too difficult to navigate back on my phone.
    There was a case just recently where someone was told that they "Failed" then didn't get an official notice. About 3-4 months later they noticed they they're background investigation started. Long story short, they actually got the "Pass" from QC. You should contact MHC to hear what the official outcome is for you. Good luck.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
    TSU: 3/28/13
    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Still waiting to be contacted to schedule my pft 2. I know im taking it in West Virginia and I was supposed to be contacted within a week of accepting the offer to officially schedule it. Anyone have any info?
      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
      Geo: Central/East
      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
      TSL:11/1/12
      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
      Met BI: 5/29/13
      TSU: 6/13/13
      Drug Test:6/12/13
      PFT 2:
      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Why you choose Douglas? Really? Over Nogales? I'm in Nogales and this is by far one of the Top ones...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
          Can we all talk for a moment about how ridiculous the standards are for the 2nd pft. 1.5miles in 17 minutes? Thats 11 minute mile pace thats absurd.
          Honestly I'm a little confused. Seems like the PT tests should be reversed. I could easily do the run, but that step test is insane. 1.5 miles could be done in a little over 10 minutes, but I can barely manage 2 minutes on the step test lol.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Greggyd1211;3307894]Still waiting to be contacted to schedule my pft 2. I know im taking it in West Virginia and I was supposed to be contacted within a week of accepting the offer to officially schedule it. Anyone have any info?[/QU

Still waiting myself. The lady at Tsu told me to contact her if I didn't hear anything by Wednesday. As far as the test goes .. let's be happy it's unbelievably easy ... we could use easy after this Marathon hiring process. Anyone taking their test in Dallas?
            Last edited by gijoeavila; 07-02-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• I read on the BP forum that agents can not work at a station within 100 miles of their home address when first hired....

Does anyone know if this is the same for CBP?
              App (SWB): 3/14/12
              Test: 3/27/12
              NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
              TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
              Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
              Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
              PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
              Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
              sent medical update form 6/21/13
              VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
              Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
              Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
              Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
              Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
              EOD: 9/3/13
              FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Bees View Post
                I read on the BP forum that agents can not work at a station within 100 miles of their home address when first hired....

Does anyone know if this is the same for CBP?
                Unless it's changed for BP, that is not correct. Heck, half of my BP academy class was from McAllen. Where did they get assigned? Yep, McAllen!

Comment

• Good news!! Checked CASS today and I am once again all green "completed"!! I haven't been referred back to scheduling, but hopefully that will be soon also. That will make it a total of 4 times now I'll have been in scheduling.

Comment

• Hey folks, been awhile since I've posted. Congrats to all that have received the call!

Has anyone on here had to recert or ,as we've been told, "re-clear" their background due to the year expiration after the final adjudication? It's been two months since IA's had the file for the second time and not a peep from them. They haven't requested an update to equip or anything. Just wondering what your experience was like if you've been through this, and get some expectation on the timeframe to complete the round two of the BG.

Cheers!

Comment

• Yeah that step test was kind of a b****. I'm in decent shape and doing that for 2 minutes was by far the hardest part of pft1
                      "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Finding it difficult to find an affordable car rental for the month that I'm in Pre-academy. Anybody got any suggestions (Besides riding a bicycle, lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                          Finding it difficult to find an affordable car rental for the month that I'm in Pre-academy. Anybody got any suggestions (Besides riding a bicycle, lol).
                          At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious lol what about driving your POV there? It's a tough route to TX then to GA assuming you won't stop at home first. While this might be the cheapest option, it is also the most tedious. I'm sympathetic towards your plight...Lord knows I will be in the same boat as soon as I get my call.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post
                            Yeah that step test was kind of a b****. I'm in decent shape and doing that for 2 minutes was by far the hardest part of pft1
                            It seemed like 5 min to me....
                            BPA
                            Application Date: 09/11/2011
                            Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                            NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                            TSL: 04/05/2012
                            PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                            Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                            SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                            EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                            BI: Clear
                            PFT2: ?
                            EOD?

Comment

• Driving would be too much. Plus my wife and I only have one car. She'll be keeping the car at home since we are having another baby. So I'm kinda forced to rent a car

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                                Finding it difficult to find an affordable car rental for the month that I'm in Pre-academy. Anybody got any suggestions (Besides riding a bicycle, lol).
                                Maybe you could look into buying a cheap, used beater, keeping it for a month and then reselling it. If you expained the situation to a used car dealer, he might be able to hook you up with a far better deal than a straight rental.

I'd also ask about at your port, maybe somebody there might have an easier answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3848 users online. 252 members and 3596 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X