300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    You don't owe anything to the agency, you simply resign... Is it a wise move? I guess it would depend on the job you're leaving it for and what you were looking for career wise.

We had one in our small class that felt this job wasn't for him a few weeks into it.... And that was that.
    Thanks for your wisdom Yoda. That is what I thought, but was not sure.
    BPA
    Application Date: 09/11/2011
    Examination Date: 11/18/2011
    NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
    TSL: 04/05/2012
    PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
    Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
    SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
    EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
    BI: Clear
    PFT2: ?
    EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
      Hey guys, I was just contacted regarding my qualifications. Apparently you have 9 months after the announcement to receive your bachelors degree.The announcement ended 4/12/12 so i had until 1/12/12 to fulfill this requirement. I got my bachelors degree with honors (Which qualifies for GS-7) on 5/25/13. They are saying it was to late now and i need to qualify with experience and education. They said to send them everything that I did before 4/12/12. My question is whether or not i can do anything about this that would make my education qualify? Also, they said I had 9 months to get my degree so shouldn't i have 9 months to get experience (I did an internship with the local Sheriff Department) and credits that would at least help me qualify for GS-5? I don't know what to do and I'm getting scared that i wont qualify and everything I did will be for nothing. PLEASE HELP OR OFFER ADVICE!

What announcement number did you apply under? Depending on how that announcement's qualificatons were listed you might have an arguement.

Outside of that, get together a listing of the education and specialized experience you had on/before 04/12/2012. Maybe it's enough. If it isn't, let's hope you also co-applied to be accepted as a GS-05 when you applied as a GS-07. If you applied as a GS-05 as well, you ought to be able to use your education/general work experience that you had prior to the closing of that particular hiring announcement to qualify as a GS-05...assuming you had the required education/experience.

I'm guessing about the only thing you can do to have them consider your most recent education/experience is to re-apply under a future announcement. At that point, anything you've done prior to the new annoucement's closing ought to be considered during those qualifications.

Rumor has a new announcement coming out later this fiscal year, so if you you do need to re-apply you probably won't have to wait long.

Comment

• Hey Natedog36,

I had the same issue. The application deadline was 9/15/12 and my cutoff was 5/15/13, but I did not actually graduate until 5/18/13. I talked to my case manager and she was able to haggle with her supervisor over the GS-7 qualification because I was so close to graduating. With you, you might just be out of luck since the cutoff was months away from when you graduate. Maybe there's a way you can re-qualify once you get your official transcripts?

That's just my 2 cents
        "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Quick Question:

At the beginning of this year I was DQ'd for failure to submit medical paper work on time. I already have completed the original test, pft1, medical (minus the additional paperwork) the VBT, and I was scheduled for my polygraph but was not able to do it because I was dropped from the hiring pool. So when they eventually have another announcement will I have to redue any of these steps. According to the CBP website the original test results should still be valid. So will I basically pick up where I left off in the process?

Comment

• Do anyone have an idea what is next in the process? Here is my time line
            Geo-north/ East
            CBPO test- 10/2010
            TSL-September 2012
            PFT1- November 2012
            Medical-November 2012
            B.I-
            VBT-May 10 1013
            S.I-May 10 2013
            Qual-(GS-7) cleared May 2013
            Poly-
            PFT 2-
            The Call-
            E.O.D-
            Last edited by mrs. officer; 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
              Do anyone have an idea what is next in the process? Here is my time line
              Geo-north/ East
              CBPO test- 10/2010
              TSL-September 2012
              PFT1- November 2012
              Medical-November 2012
              B.I-
              VBT-May 10 1013
              S.I-May 10 2013
              Poly-
              PFT 2-
              The Call-
              E.O.D-
              Your polygraph!! Then BI, then drug test, then TSU, then the call, then PFT2, then pre-academy, then FLETC.

Fail any of the first 3 listed and your offer will be withdrawn permanently. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
                Do anyone have an idea what is next in the process? Here is my time line
                Geo-north/ East
                CBPO test- 10/2010
                TSL-September 2012
                PFT1- November 2012
                Medical-November 2012
                B.I-
                VBT-May 10 1013
                S.I-May 10 2013
                Poly-
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-
                Either the poly or the B.I, you never know!
                Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                CBPO Test-4/3/12
                NOR-4/10/12
                TSL-3/11/13
                PFT 1-3/22/13- passed
                Medical-3/22/13- passed
                B.I.-
                V.B.T- 4/6/13-passed
                S.I.-4/6/13-passed
                Qual- (GS-5) Cleared 6/25/12
                Poly- 6/24/13
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-

Comment

• Suit and tie.
                  Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                  Does anybody know what you should wear on your first day of pre-academy? Should I dress in a suit or business casual?

Comment

• I know this has been posted before, but for some reason I can't find it. How long are the steps in the hiring process good for? bg, poly etc.
                    BPA
                    Application Date: 09/11/2011
                    Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                    NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                    TSL: 04/05/2012
                    PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                    Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                    SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                    EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                    BI: Clear
                    PFT2: ?
                    EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by threat level midnight View Post
                      Quick Question:

At the beginning of this year I was DQ'd for failure to submit medical paper work on time. I already have completed the original test, pft1, medical (minus the additional paperwork) the VBT, and I was scheduled for my polygraph but was not able to do it because I was dropped from the hiring pool. So when they eventually have another announcement will I have to redue any of these steps. According to the CBP website the original test results should still be valid. So will I basically pick up where I left off in the process?
                      Might want to contact MHC on that. I think I've seen a similar situation on this thread before. However, you may have different hurdles because of your medical situation. Can you pick up where you left off? Maybe. Will the let you? That's the more important issue here.
                      "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by skully82 View Post
                        I am certain the polygraph will be first. CBP won't spend money on a BI (more costly) unless the applicant successfully completes the polygraph, which is now mandatory for every applicant.

If anyone has information refuting this, please feel free to chime in.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully82 View Post
                          Have to agree with stoneface on this one. Poly will most definitely come first. I've heard its a significant cost to CBP to do a BI as well. So its in their best interest to knock out anybody that will be knocked out by the poly before they start a BI on them. Plus if need be they can give those that pass the poly a conditional clearance and send them to FLETC while they complete the BI. That's only relevant though if they need to fill classes, which at this point looks to be the case.
                          Last edited by Rms16; 06-27-2013, 09:31 AM.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                            I am certain the polygraph will be first. CBP won't spend money on a BI (more costly) unless the applicant successfully completes the polygraph, which is now mandatory for every applicant.

If anyone has information refuting this, please feel free to chime in.
                            BI costs $10,000, Polygraphs cost less than half that. Poly before BI sounds right.
                            Last edited by Pointman8; 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM.
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• For the SWB people currently CBPO and those awaiting FLETC, what ports were you offered and why did you pick your choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                What announcement number did you apply under? Depending on how that announcement's qualificatons were listed you might have an arguement.

Outside of that, get together a listing of the education and specialized experience you had on/before 04/12/2012. Maybe it's enough. If it isn't, let's hope you also co-applied to be accepted as a GS-05 when you applied as a GS-07. If you applied as a GS-05 as well, you ought to be able to use your education/general work experience that you had prior to the closing of that particular hiring announcement to qualify as a GS-05...assuming you had the required education/experience.

I'm guessing about the only thing you can do to have them consider your most recent education/experience is to re-apply under a future announcement. At that point, anything you've done prior to the new annoucement's closing ought to be considered during those qualifications.

Rumor has a new announcement coming out later this fiscal year, so if you you do need to re-apply you probably won't have to wait long.
                                The date I heard being kicked around was June 29th for the new announcement but it is all conjecture.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13266 users online. 356 members and 12910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X