Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often one ran at FLETC has usually been rather instructor specific. Some instructors loved to run, some not so much.

As far as future classes go...keep in mind that the over 36 CBP crowd is quickly thinning out of the FLETC ranks. A lot of the lack of running was to accomodate the 50+ crowd, IMO. As the 37+ trainees start to disappear, I expect the total running will increase.

Comment

• Yea dude Yoda, what is up with you waiting almost a year for your BI? Thats way odd...

Comment

• Hey does anyone know the cut-off score for SFO?

Comment

• GREAT FORUM!!! i have read all 152 post and had most of my questions answered. There is also a website call www.honorfirst.com that cleared many questions i had for BP, try it out not giving it promo or anything but is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
            Yea dude Yoda, what is up with you waiting almost a year for your BI? Thats way odd...
            I have posted what's up with my BI previously, but here it goes once again...

If I had not gotten the number for IA my file would still be in the "pile" gathering dust. It took me a week to actually speak to someone from IA, that person gave me the name of the lady that had my case, then it took me about a week to get ahold of her... once I spoke to her she said that the last action taken on my file was in January (that's what it said on the computer) but get this...she didn't even know she had my file (didn't know where it was, and the last action taken on it was before she even worked there). So, she looked for the file and called me back to let me know that a NOPA had recently been sent out... 2 weeks later no NOPA I call her to see what's up, she said that the person who sent it out was on vacation to give it another week to see if I got it.... no NOPA, then I asked her if she could re-send the letter since I never got it and it looked like it was never sent out... she had to write a new one (cause she couldn't use the one written by the other dude) and told me she had given it to her supervisor to get it approved on monday... on wednesday she told me her supervisor had not returned the letter yet, today I have called several times to see if it was sent out and she didn't pick up. Let's see now....about 2 months waiting for a NOPA...
            That's about it...

I see you're in MIAMI so you might be lucky enough to get the interim clearance, by the way I'm an FIU graduate

Now for those who are waiting on BI to clear, I will not give out the number unless you are in a similar situation, if you've been waiting for 3 months don't even bother asking
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Vision NOPA

Does anyone know if there are any exceptions to the 3 months post op lasik re-test? I've cleared everything with an interim clearance on BI and have to wait until November 15th to re-test.

Comment

• Originally posted by triplejump View Post
                Does anyone know if there are any exceptions to the 3 months post op lasik re-test? I've cleared everything with an interim clearance on BI and have to wait until November 15th to re-test.
                Not that I know of, from what I've read here you have to wait the 90 days.
                hey man, what's 2 more months.....
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• 90 Lasik wait

Originally posted by triplejump View Post
                  I called and spoke to the Medical Unit because I needed an extension on the deadline to clear my 90 days after Lasik. I asked him if there was any way that I could bypass the 90 day wait because my eyes felt fine and I was concerned that it would delay my BI getting started (according to the FAQs the BI will not start until you clear your Medical and Fitness). He said that there is no way around the 90 day wait, but that according to his records my BI had already been started. My credit was pulled about a week or so after that. I guess at least your credit can be pulled before you get medical clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    I have posted what's up with my BI previously, but here it goes once again...

If I had not gotten the number for IA my file would still be in the "pile" gathering dust. It took me a week to actually speak to someone from IA, that person gave me the name of the lady that had my case, then it took me about a week to get ahold of her... once I spoke to her she said that the last action taken on my file was in January (that's what it said on the computer) but get this...she didn't even know she had my file (didn't know where it was, and the last action taken on it was before she even worked there). So, she looked for the file and called me back to let me know that a NOPA had recently been sent out... 2 weeks later no NOPA I call her to see what's up, she said that the person who sent it out was on vacation to give it another week to see if I got it.... no NOPA, then I asked her if she could re-send the letter since I never got it and it looked like it was never sent out... she had to write a new one (cause she couldn't use the one written by the other dude) and told me she had given it to her supervisor to get it approved on monday... on wednesday she told me her supervisor had not returned the letter yet, today I have called several times to see if it was sent out and she didn't pick up. Let's see now....about 2 months waiting for a NOPA...
                    That's about it...

I see you're in MIAMI so you might be lucky enough to get the interim clearance, by the way I'm an FIU graduate

Now for those who are waiting on BI to clear, I will not give out the number unless you are in a similar situation, if you've been waiting for 3 months don't even bother asking

Yea I graduated from FIU as well! Im listed for the Port of Miami..

I dont have all my stuff listed below but im just waiting on the BI to clear as well. I tested at the end of april and everything has cleared since then. I met with my BI 2 weeks ago. He has since talked to everyone on my application and even called me when he needed to get into the building where I used to live(I thought that was funny hehe), so I assume hes done..

I have a clean background but my wife is going through the citizenship process right now so that may or may not make things take a little longer ( though I dont see why it would since she has done everything legally and was here before we were together). Anyways yes, go golden panthers haha and im hoping one way or another the BI clears so I can head on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                      I asked the same question before I went to FLETC. My Port Director said he ran everyday, 3-4 miles at a time. I think he was attempting to scare me. My class had PT no more than three times during a week. Our normal schedule was two PT's in a week. Our instructor tried to alternate a long running day with other shorter bursts of cardio. So one day we might run 3 miles the next we would run 1.5 miles and do other things in the gym, while other days we wouldn't even run we just do the machines in the gym. My best advice is do what you instructor tells you and don't screw around in class, you and your class will regret it. I have extensive problems with shin splints and plantar faciatis (sore arches form the ligament creating your arch over stretching). We did not run enough to have either of these flair up while I was there.
                      I say expect to run during every Physical Conditioning class. But what KC says is true, it all depends on the instructor for the day... one had us run for about 10 mins, the other had us at 3 miles in the rain. But if you expect a long run everyday, then youll be happy when it is on the days of a ten minute run. and if you dont know cadence, i suggest you learn one, it makes those long runs a little more fun.
                      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Phone calls to CBP

Any of you fellow officers ever gotten phone calls from people asking if it was ok to bring whatever into Canada. They start by saying who they are and what they are doing in the states, then after all that they forgot who they called. They meant to call Canada Customs. Don't you ever feel like telling them, sure folks you can bring anything and everything you'd like and just say, thank you for calling. Hang up. Some people expect us to know exactly what they can take in Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by eagle79 View Post
                          Any of you fellow officers ever gotten phone calls from people asking if it was ok to bring whatever into Canada. They start by saying who they are and what they are doing in the states, then after all that they forgot who they called. They meant to call Canada Customs. Don't you ever feel like telling them, sure folks you can bring anything and everything you'd like and just say, thank you for calling. Hang up. Some people expect us to know exactly what they can take in Canada.
                          Why...do as I do.

Carry a few phone numbers with you...a couple of numbers for Canada Customs/Immigration. and a couple of numbers for CBP (preferably at a larger port...at the very least a different port)

Then, no matter who calls, explain to them that you're not Canada...or you're at a small, insignificant outport and they'd be best answered elsewhere at the number you give them.

This way you can get by with only answering the very easiest questions and only when you feel the urge to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                            Another week basically done, and here are some things Ive been hearing around the grounds.... This year there are suppose to be a total of close to 75 classes for CBP scheduled, and next year is suppose to be closer to 80. And also, Ive got a feeling that my class may be one of the last couple classes to not have to bunk up with a roomate. So be prepared to have a roomy in close quarters, if you end up at the Taj.

Miami hopefuls: we just got a class of 7 today and another class of 4 that starts on the 22nd. They said that there were 2 more classes that showed up before they left, so if you are waiting on Miami... your turn is coming up.

If you are in the "waiting room" for the CBPO position, dont give up... they are not stopping the hiring process anytime soon. If you are starting anytime soon, then you will be here in the perfect weather, meaning its been gorgeous here and perfect weather for PT, as opposed to 98 degrees, 110% humidity, running 3 miles, then when you get back to the PTD building they black flag outdoor activity... (not that Im angry about it! ha ha).

As for tourism, St. Simons Island is ok at night, Jekyll Island is good during the day, FLETC sucks on the weekends... so I advise seeing the town. Sundays youd be better off going to Beef o Bradys rather then the G-bar or Legends sports bar (although a good crowd on friday nights).

Thats all Ive got for now.... time to hit the books. (with that said, pay attention in class, take some notes and read over the material at night... youll do well)

Oh, and most important (dont eat the talapia.)
                            Yes, it's true. Those in the Taj will be bunking up with a room mate. I'm in my 6th week at FLETC, and I have a room mate. It's not too bad, but the room smells as if someone urinated into the carpets and/or air conditioning unit. I'm sure the odor is just attributed to urine in the carpets and/or air conditioner. There is a delivery of new beds every other day. I even spoke to someone who was moved from an off base hotel to a double room at the Taj.

As for the running, I've lucked out so far. Black flags or electrical storms have spared me from running for more than 1/2 mile at a time, but there is no shortage of pain in P.C. class.

I agree with the paying attention in class. It's very important, since the instructors tend to focus on the material needed to pass the exams, while glossing over the rest. The other key to success at FLETC is time management. None of the material is very difficult to grasp, there is just a lot of it all at once. Material will be presented to you once, and then you have to be prepared to be tested on it as soon as the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
                              I agree with the paying attention in class. It's very important, since the instructors tend to focus on the material needed to pass the exams, while glossing over the rest.
                              I think that depends on who your instructor is. Some instructors gave a review after all the material was covered. I noticed some of those same instructors happen to review a lot, but not all, of what was on the test. Others presented the material and left it at that. Other would just read or paraphrase the text. They were the toughest because I can read and would rather be somewhere else reading the book not in the classroom.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
                                As for the running, I've lucked out so far. Black flags or electrical storms have spared me from running for more than 1/2 mile at a time, but there is no shortage of pain in P.C. class.
                                Which is exactly the reason that everyone should head to FLETC as physically fit and well conditioned as possible.

If you prepare well beforehand, P.C. should be nothing more than a welcome break from the stresses of the academics and a good way to relieve built-up tensions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8328 users online. 262 members and 8066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X