Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
    Oh and I forgot to say congrats to everybody who has received the call today! I'm sure y'all are happy and relieved.

    Pointman, which POE's were you offered? I'm looking to stay in Texas.
    Honestly, they didn't offer me anything. They asked if I was still interested in the port I originally chose and I asked if Brownsville was available, they said yes and I said I'll take that, lol. Brownsville was my number 1 choice. I wanted to be in Texas b/c of the cost of living out there is super cheap.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
    TSU: 3/28/13
    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
    FLETC: 9/13/13

    Comment


    • Was Brownsville what you selected last time? Yea I want to stay in Texas because of the low cost of living as well. I'm torn between the Rio Grande Valley and El Paso - leaning towards El Paso.
      NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
      TSL1: 8/14/2012
      TSL2: 8/16/2012
      PFT1: 9/17/2012
      Poly: 11/14/2012
      Drug Test: 12/7/2012
      BI: cleared 12/2012
      Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
      TSU: 5/29/2013

      "The Call": 8/6/2013
      EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bees View Post
        You're absolutely correct about freedom of speech, hence my reply.

        I'm not trying to sound angry - I would just like an educated answer, not just simply "withdraw."
        I have done some prior research with my situation, and surprisingly have had positive answers that might surprise people. I'm sure there have been instances where a new Officer came down with the flu during pre-academy and had to take days off - do you think they had to withdraw at that point?

        Seems like you have some input... thoughts?

        Have you considered deferment? Hypothetically speaking if they call you tomorrow, you may have the option of deferring for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, you will enter into the ready pool again and await selection. I never advocate withdrawing from the process unless circumstances dictates such a drastic measure. Never eliminate yourself unless you absolutely, positively have to!

        Missing a few days due to the flu seems reasonable especially if such an illness would compromise the health of your fellow officers, etc. Missing TWO weeks is a whole different can of worms.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
          Honestly, they didn't offer me anything. They asked if I was still interested in the port I originally chose and I asked if Brownsville was available, they said yes and I said I'll take that, lol. Brownsville was my number 1 choice. I wanted to be in Texas b/c of the cost of living out there is super cheap.
          That's exactly what happened with me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
            Have you considered deferment? Hypothetically speaking if they call you tomorrow, you may have the option of deferring for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, you will enter into the ready pool again and await selection. I never advocate withdrawing from the process unless circumstances dictates such a drastic measure. Never eliminate yourself unless you absolutely, positively have to!

            Missing a few days due to the flu seems reasonable especially if such an illness would compromise the health of your fellow officers, etc. Missing TWO weeks is a whole different can of worms.
            Deferring does seem like the best option. And with the new fiscal year coming up, it hopefully wouldn't take too long to get called again.
            App (SWB): 3/14/12
            Test: 3/27/12
            NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
            TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
            Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
            Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
            PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
            Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
            sent medical update form 6/21/13
            VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
            Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
            Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
            Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
            Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
            EOD: 9/3/13
            FLETC: 10/2/13

            Comment


            • The SWB can wear you down. I experience the ups and downs everyday. I'm glad I'm here doing what I'm doing, but it can stress you out. There are so many people gaming the system day in and day out, it wears on you. And yes I am from the Northeast, so hopefully one day I will be back at my old home of JFK. But until then I will work hard at catching these imposters, and load carriers. If any one has questions about the SWB or West Texas let me know. I'll try to give you an honest answer.

              Comment


              • If you could tell me or PM me what you know about El Paso/Fabens/Columbus I would appreciate it. El Paso seems like a safe city and I've heard that most of the action these days is down in South Texas. I'd love to here your opinion on the matter, good or bad, because I never really here anything about West Texas. If you could give me any insight into the differences between the Texas ports that would be great.
                NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                TSL1: 8/14/2012
                TSL2: 8/16/2012
                PFT1: 9/17/2012
                Poly: 11/14/2012
                Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                BI: cleared 12/2012
                Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                TSU: 5/29/2013

                "The Call": 8/6/2013
                EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

                Comment


                • Really glad that CBP has started up again with the hiring. I am starting the academy here locally this monday, and if CBP calls, I will likely not be taking their offer. Hope you guys do well with everything, and maybe Ill see ya down the road. Good luck, godspeed and watch your back.
                  CBPO:
                  Test- 05/12
                  NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                  TSL1/2-08/12
                  PFT1/Med-09/12
                  VBT/SI-10/12
                  Poly-11/12
                  BI-12/12
                  TSU-01/24/13
                  1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                  OCSO:
                  Applied- 06/12
                  PFT-07/12
                  CJBAT- 12/12
                  Panel Interview- 01/13
                  BI- in process

                  FBI
                  Phase two: probably never

                  Comment


                  • As requested by Stoneface I have updated my timeline, lol
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
                      Was Brownsville what you selected last time? Yea I want to stay in Texas because of the low cost of living as well. I'm torn between the Rio Grande Valley and El Paso - leaning towards El Paso.
                      Nope, Progreso was my original port.
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                      TSU: 3/28/13
                      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                      FLETC: 9/13/13

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bees View Post
                        Deferring does seem like the best option. And with the new fiscal year coming up, it hopefully wouldn't take too long to get called again.
                        Pre academy IS a requirement, and taking sick days/time without having earned ANY wouldn't be a recommended choice. You are in probation for your first year and they can fire you for ANY reason...give them none if you want this job once you get it.

                        Best of Luck...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Graduated on Thursday from FLETC! Had a great time.... Learned lots and made good friends. See you guys on the line.
                          CBPO

                          Poly 09/28/2012
                          T.O. 03/2009
                          Original T.S.U. - 5/21/2009
                          GEO - Eastern Texas

                          Comment


                          • Got my results from the VBT. I didn't pass. I was shocked. I don't know how. I was very polite and professional in every scenario. I have done many structured interviews with PD and felt very confident leaving this one. I guess its just not for me.

                            Just wanted to say thanks for the help guys and good luck. May all of you get the call you are waiting for!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              Really glad that CBP has started up again with the hiring. I am starting the academy here locally this monday, and if CBP calls, I will likely not be taking their offer. Hope you guys do well with everything, and maybe Ill see ya down the road. Good luck, godspeed and watch your back.
                              How many weeks long is your local academy?

                              If you really want the job within CBP then I'd ask them about a possible deferment until you graduate from the local academy. I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to accommodate you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                                Really glad that CBP has started up again with the hiring. I am starting the academy here locally this monday, and if CBP calls, I will likely not be taking their offer. Hope you guys do well with everything, and maybe Ill see ya down the road. Good luck, godspeed and watch your back.
                                Thank you and same to you! All the very best in your present endeavor. Stay safe and take good care.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9433 users online. 203 members and 9230 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X