Cbp Internal Affairs
    (202) 344-2600 Give it a shot
    Thanks, and congrats to all those getting the new round of calls
    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Typo class size is 48 trainees.

I won't even hazard a guess as to how many the plan is to train currently. If you add in the several hundred 2013 hires that were planned for but were sidelined due to sequestration and/or other issues to the nearly 3500 additional hires proposed for FY14(starts 10/01/2013), we might see a real upswing in calls and classes in the not-to-distant future.
      Hi Merlin,

Any idea what kind of issues would arise if I weren't able to attend my full pre-academy? If I were lucky enough to be called for the September class, I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to attend 2 weeks of the pre-academy if I were scheduled to EOD on August 12th.

Thanks.
      App (SWB): 3/14/12
      Test: 3/27/12
      NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
      TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
      Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
      Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
      PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
      Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
      sent medical update form 6/21/13
      VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
      Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
      Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
      Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
      Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
      EOD: 9/3/13
      FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Bees View Post
        Hi Merlin,

Any idea what kind of issues would arise if I weren't able to attend my full pre-academy? If I were lucky enough to be called for the September class, I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to attend 2 weeks of the pre-academy if I were scheduled to EOD on August 12th.

Thanks.
        I know it's not directed at me, but I have thoughts. If you "wouldn't be able to attend" two of your first weeks at work, you should withdraw your application. CBP doesn't care about your schedule and this job isn't for you if you can't accept that.
        Gek.

Comment

• Just got "the call" 2.0. Still was given same choices and accepted San Fran again. See you all on September 13th!

Comment

• Gosh I hope I get called. My TSL was 08/12. I'm ready to go to work.
            NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
            TSL1: 8/14/2012
            TSL2: 8/16/2012
            PFT1: 9/17/2012
            Poly: 11/14/2012
            Drug Test: 12/7/2012
            BI: cleared 12/2012
            Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
            TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
            EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
              After working this job for more than 2 years, I have to say, being a CBPO sucks.

Unlike other LE jobs, your supervisor is always watching your every move because they are always 30 feet away from you. You can't even fart in peace.

This agency spends millions of dollars a year to monitor cameras, voice recordings, etc. Basically this agency does not trust its employees. I don't know of any other company or gov't agency that hires people it doesn't trust.

In my opinion, the wall of shame-"Trust Betrayed", is basically a horrific reminder of what this agency does if you mess up. Yes, the people on there are dirtbags, but what other agency has a public list of every officer that has been caught doing bad things? The ATF, DEA, FBI, etc don't but good ole CBP does.

This agency is also confused. It doesn't know if it wants to be law enforcement, security, customer service, paramilitary, etc.

So for all of you CBPO wannabees out there, I would think long and hard before you take this job. It's not what you think it is.
              In the same boat here. It's 2 years as well and well yeah I agree it sucks. Forget any preconceived notions you have about being some big bad "fed"....the reality is SWB you're a Walmart greeter watching our "neighbors" to the south step all over this country going straight to social security, welfare for their anchor babies or the daily crossing LPR's living in Mexico that you can't do a dam thing about.

Yes the SWB has a lot more action and you're not going to get fat sitting in an airport booth, but if you're from anywhere up north the culture shock, the border trash will wear on you and you'll desire to be back in real America. As almost every single officer I work with who isn't form a border area yearns for.

Comment

• Oh and I forgot to say congrats to everybody who has received the call today! I'm sure y'all are happy and relieved.

Pointman, which POE's were you offered? I'm looking to stay in Texas.
                NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                TSL1: 8/14/2012
                TSL2: 8/16/2012
                PFT1: 9/17/2012
                Poly: 11/14/2012
                Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                BI: cleared 12/2012
                Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  I know it's not directed at me, but I have thoughts. If you "wouldn't be able to attend" two of your first weeks at work, you should withdraw your application. CBP doesn't care about your schedule and this job isn't for you if you can't accept that.
                  You're right, the question wasn't directed at you. I didn't ask for an opinion of my situation - I am looking for facts.
                  I most likely won't get called for September; however, I am being proactive about my situation for the very reason of possibly having to withdraw. Do you think that's what I want to do after going through this process for so long? You have no idea what my situation is, so to put your negative input in is unnecessary, but thanks anyway.

Comment

• Those who are getting call 2.0 for SWB, what are your location options being given?

Comment

• Congratulations Pointman, gijoeavila and Crimestopshere!!! This is really fantastic news!! The disappointment you faced when your offers were rescinded no longer matters, in fact, it only served to galvanize your resolve in hanging tough and remaining patient! I am proud of you guys for hanging in there. It's finally a reality again. Pointman, time to update your signature, Buddy!

Irving, I am hoping you will get the call too! I've been in TSU since 3/13, but who cares...there are lots of people who have been waiting for a very long time. Here's to hoping all of us in TSU end up in an academy this year!
                      Last edited by StoneFace; 06-21-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• So happy for all of you out there that are getting the calls. Awesome news for all of us. I just joined tsu so I believe I'll be waiting a bit. Congratulations to all of you one again.
                        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                        Geo: Central/East
                        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                        TSL:11/1/12
                        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                        Met BI: 5/29/13
                        TSU: 6/13/13
                        Drug Test:6/12/13
                        PFT 2:
                        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

You're right, the question wasn't directed at you. I didn't ask for an opinion of my situation - I am looking for facts.
                          I most likely won't get called for September; however, I am being proactive about my situation for the very reason of possibly having to withdraw. Do you think that's what I want to do after going through this process for so long? You have no idea what my situation is, so to put your negative input in is unnecessary, but thanks anyway.

Whoa, calm down there, Buddy. I know nerves are frayed at this point, but getting upset resolves nothing. Just relax and remember a soft answer turneth away warth, but grevious words stir up anger.

I will let Merlin respond and hold mine since you directed your question at him/her.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                            Whoa, calm down there, Buddy. I know nerves are frayed at this point, but getting upset resolves nothing. Just relax and remember a soft answer turneth away warth, but grevious words stir up anger.

I will let Merlin respond and hold mine since you directed your question at him/her.
                            Not upset - just replying to Drifting's unnecessary comment.

Comment

Not upset - just replying to Drifting's unnecessary comment.
                              Unncessary to you, but guess what? It is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Anyway, good luck with your situation. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                                Unncessary to you, but guess what? It is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Anyway, good luck with your situation. I hope it works out for you.
                                You're absolutely correct about freedom of speech, hence my reply.

I'm not trying to sound angry - I would just like an educated answer, not just simply "withdraw."
                                I have done some prior research with my situation, and surprisingly have had positive answers that might surprise people. I'm sure there have been instances where a new Officer came down with the flu during pre-academy and had to take days off - do you think they had to withdraw at that point?

Seems like you have some input... thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7653 users online. 446 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X