Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my TSL for the central east region today

Comment

• Hope all we can... reality hits when you get the call.
      tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
      NOR-11/11
      TSL- 11/17/11
      pft1- 12/8/11
      Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
      Qual- completed 3/12
      Medical Ex- completed 4/12
      S I-completed 3/12
      Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
      Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
      Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
      Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
      new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• After working this job for more than 2 years, I have to say, being a CBPO sucks.

Unlike other LE jobs, your supervisor is always watching your every move because they are always 30 feet away from you. You can't even fart in peace.

This agency spends millions of dollars a year to monitor cameras, voice recordings, etc. Basically this agency does not trust its employees. I don't know of any other company or gov't agency that hires people it doesn't trust.

In my opinion, the wall of shame-"Trust Betrayed", is basically a horrific reminder of what this agency does if you mess up. Yes, the people on there are dirtbags, but what other agency has a public list of every officer that has been caught doing bad things? The ATF, DEA, FBI, etc don't but good ole CBP does.

This agency is also confused. It doesn't know if it wants to be law enforcement, security, customer service, paramilitary, etc.

So for all of you CBPO wannabees out there, I would think long and hard before you take this job. It's not what you think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
          After working this job for more than 2 years, I have to say, being a CBPO sucks.

Unlike other LE jobs, your supervisor is always watching your every move because they are always 30 feet away from you. You can't even fart in peace.

This agency spends millions of dollars a year to monitor cameras, voice recordings, etc. Basically this agency does not trust its employees. I don't know of any other company or gov't agency that hires people it doesn't trust.

In my opinion, the wall of shame-"Trust Betrayed", is basically a horrific reminder of what this agency does if you mess up. Yes, the people on there are dirtbags, but what other agency has a public list of every officer that has been caught doing bad things? The ATF, DEA, FBI, etc don't but good ole CBP does.

This agency is also confused. It doesn't know if it wants to be law enforcement, security, customer service, paramilitary, etc.

So for all of you CBPO wannabees out there, I would think long and hard before you take this job. It's not what you think it is.
          Sorry to hear about that. Have you been looking for any other LE position out there?
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

After working this job for more than 2 years, I have to say, being a CBPO sucks.

BOP is hiring if you want to give up your spot. I would gladly take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
              I took 4 of them and through my experience, the 7 year timeframe goes out the window. Your entire life is an open book. At least thats how mine worked out.
              Originally posted by hangman View Post

You have much more experience regarding this position than many others of us that are on this forum so I will respect your opinion and im glad you post because I think its great to have a variety of different feelings with the job. Personally however, I dont plan on being an officer for my entire career. I intend on moving up the ladder with the intention of moving to specialized units or even another agency. You have to start somewhere and I feel as if were some of the lucky ones out there. At least were in the process of getting a job. Many people would love to be in the position that were in. I dont know about anyone else but I view this as a stepping stone and for someone who worked security at a psychiatric hospital, a change is surely welcomed. Sorry for rambling, just my thoughts lol
              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
              Geo: Central/East
              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
              TSL:11/1/12
              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
              Met BI: 5/29/13
              TSU: 6/13/13
              Drug Test:6/12/13
              PFT 2:
              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Have my VBT tomorrow in Detroit. Anyone have any pointers? I understand your not able to tell me exactly how it goes, but from my understanding, its scenario based right?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith4816 View Post
                  Have my VBT tomorrow in Detroit. Anyone have any pointers? I understand your not able to tell me exactly how it goes, but from my understanding, its scenario based right?
                  Use common sense my friend. It is very simple. Best of luck
                  CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                  Geo: Central/East
                  NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                  TSL:11/1/12
                  Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                  Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                  Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                  VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                  Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                  Met BI: 5/29/13
                  TSU: 6/13/13
                  Drug Test:6/12/13
                  PFT 2:
                  EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                    Use common sense my friend. It is very simple. Best of luck
                    The only advice I can give you is think customer service and good luck you got this!!
                    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                    first choice: Florida region
                    second choice: Puerto Rico
                    Test-8/21/11
                    NOR-3/23/12
                    Test Management Application-8/16/12
                    TSL-2/25/13
                    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                    PFT 2-
                    The Call-
                    E.O.D-

Comment

Have my VBT tomorrow in Detroit. Anyone have any pointers? I understand your not able to tell me exactly how it goes, but from my understanding, its scenario based right?
                      I'll be there too.
                      Geo: Northwest GS-5
                      CBPO Exam: 08/12
                      TSL 1: 01/14/13
                      Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
                      Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
                      Drug Test: ???
                      Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
                      TSL 2: 04/13
                      BI: In the security office
                      TSU: ???
                      EOD: ???

Comment

• Thanks everyone.

@blue sky, what time is your interview? Mine is at 1:00
                        Last edited by jsmith4816; 06-18-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

@blue sky, what time is your interview? Mine is at 1:00

Comment

• Just remember CBP operates like a retail store. The traveler is always right, even if they are violating the law.

Comment

Just remember CBP operates like a retail store. The traveler is always right, even if they are violating the law.
                              I understand your frustration... Sadly the only place that seems to be LE minded is the SWB. Now there are always swaps if you want to go that route, I'm sure there will be plenty from the SWB wanting to go somewhere else and stamp away...

Just keep in mind that change comes from the top down.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Just scheduled my polygraph for next Monday!
                                Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                                CBPO Test-4/3/12
                                NOR-4/10/12
                                TSL-3/11/13
                                PFT 1-3/22/13- passed
                                Medical-3/22/13- passed
                                B.I.-
                                V.B.T- 4/6/13-passed
                                S.I.-4/6/13-passed
                                Qual- (GS-5) Cleared 6/25/12
                                Poly- 6/24/13
                                PFT 2-
                                The Call-
                                E.O.D-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14505 users online. 290 members and 14215 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X