Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    Officially referred to EOD ... the official TSU waiting game has begun
    Your Cass changed that quick?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
      Your Cass changed that quick?
      Yea I was shocked at how quick it all happened once I got through the polys my background cleared without even meeting an investigator. Then about 4 days later I met my investigator he checked with my references. 2 days after that I signed my provisional clearance agreement and about a day after that which was yesterday I took my drug test. I logged on today and I was in TSU. I didnt expect it to move that quick at all.
      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
      Geo: Central/East
      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
      TSL:11/1/12
      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
      Met BI: 5/29/13
      TSU: 6/13/13
      Drug Test:6/12/13
      PFT 2:
      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
        Yea I was shocked at how quick it all happened once I got through the polys my background cleared without even meeting an investigator. Then about 4 days later I met my investigator he checked with my references. 2 days after that I signed my provisional clearance agreement and about a day after that which was yesterday I took my drug test. I logged on today and I was in TSU. I didnt expect it to move that quick at all.
        Well I just took my drug test hopefully I get TSU message by next week when Cass updates

        Comment


        • Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
          Well I just took my drug test hopefully I get TSU message by next week when Cass updates
          Hoping for the best for you. We can join the rest of the sorry souls that are just waiting for the call
          CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
          Geo: Central/East
          NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
          TSL:11/1/12
          Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
          Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
          Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
          VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
          Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
          Met BI: 5/29/13
          TSU: 6/13/13
          Drug Test:6/12/13
          PFT 2:
          EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

          Comment


          • Has anyone ever heard of the polygrapher telling the examiner they "failed" and then few weeks later Cass is green and a letter that they passed?.....thanks!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
              While your comments concerning pay scale are generally true concerning moves between agencies in the same government department. i.e. agency in DOJ to another agency in DOJ. It does not necessarily work that way in moves between agencies in separate government departments i.e. agency in DOJ to agency in DHS.

              FB

              Well I have had two buds go marshals, 1 to ICE and 1 to CBP.. They have all said the same. My pay is a perfect storms since 7-10 is the max. Im a GL 7-5 which is between a gs7-9 and 7-10 pay wise. You were a GL-9 so of course you got a pay cut since im sure you made quite a bit more than a GS-7-10. Heck I make more than a GS9 step 2 on the rest of US scale. If you max it out then of course it will be a pay cut since 7-10 is the max you can go as entry level officers. As for Full Metal and I we will benefit from that. Im @ FCI (last stop) Bastrop FULL METAL. MDC Brooklyn should be a nice holding pattern until you get the call. Congrats man. I will try to get my PM set up. I havent used it yet.
              Last edited by gijoeavila; 06-13-2013, 07:35 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by blu05r6 View Post
                Speaking from experience every thing from bop transferred to cbp. However depending on your pay they can only match up a gs-7 step 10. (They used to use step XX for a 100% pay match but no longer) I was a gl-9 so I took a decent pay cut going to a 7 10. But with my VA benefits for the first year I did fine.

                Of course. I kinda lucked out in that regard since I am a GL-7-5 wich will put me right at GS-7-10. I will get a few hundred bucks more. Question. In the BOP we were able to use our GI bill our first year for vocational training.. IE we got paid during our probation year. Is it the same for CBP? (I hope so) Got to love the Post 9-11 GI Bill.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                  Well I have had two buds go marshals, 1 to ICE and 1 to CBP.. They have all said the same. My pay is a perfect storms since 7-10 is the max. Im a GL 7-5 which is between a gs7-9 and 7-10 pay wise. You were a GL-9 so of course you got a pay cut since im sure you made quite a bit more than a GS-7-10. Heck I make more than a GS9 step 2 on the rest of US scale. If you max it out then of course it will be a pay cut since 7-10 is the max you can go as entry level officers. As for Full Metal and I we will benefit from that. Im @ FCI (last stop) Bastrop FULL METAL. MDC Brooklyn should be a nice holding pattern until you get the call. Congrats man. I will try to get my PM set up. I havent used it yet.
                  Have had several officers’ start in the past two and a half years that came from other agencies, ICE being one of them, that were not pay matched at all. They started as GS-7/1. Pay matching is not at all a guarantee.

                  FB

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                    Have had several officers’ start in the past two and a half years that came from other agencies, ICE being one of them, that were not pay matched at all. They started as GS-7/1. Pay matching is not at all a guarantee.

                    FB


                    Well I guess I hope my buds and HR are right or im in for a pay shock the first two years.

                    Comment


                    • I was able to use my GI Bill for the first year at both bop and cbp. The main difference is instead of collecting at 100% I collected at 80% which still came out to $1800 a mo. Vs. $2000 a month for first timers.

                      Comment


                      • It used to be, back in the day of FCIP hirings, that pretty much everyone was offered pay retention, since all FCIP hirings were deemed acts of management. These days, pay retention rolls out in select circumstances, and arguably at the whims of CBP.

                        Comment


                        • They will not even pay match Patrol Agents who work for CBP. A coworker left for the CBP officer position about a year and a half ago at my station and they busted him down to a 7/10 from a 12/3. When he promotes back to 12 he will probably just get 12/1. If he sued under title 5 he would might get it. With more PAs leaving the Patrol for the CBPO position I imagine a lawsuit will be filed in the future. Whether they win and get their pay back is another story.

                          Comment


                          • Just completed my VBT and Interview this morning. The CBP officer told me there will be another CBP officer announcement in the end of July/2013. Just wanted to let you guys know in case someone needs to reapply.
                            GEO: SWB
                            TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
                            Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
                            Drug Test: Pending
                            BI: In security office
                            Poly: Pending
                            TSU: Pending

                            Comment


                            • This could only be good news for the TSU pool, right?
                              NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                              TSL1: 8/14/2012
                              TSL2: 8/16/2012
                              PFT1: 9/17/2012
                              Poly: 11/14/2012
                              Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                              BI: cleared 12/2012
                              Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                              TSU: 5/29/2013

                              "The Call": 8/6/2013
                              EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
                                This could only be good news for the TSU pool, right?
                                I sure hope so.
                                CBPO Timeline
                                Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                                TSL: 09/12/12
                                Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                                TSU: 4/22/13
                                PFT 2: 10/8/13
                                EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                                FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                                BPA Timeline
                                Test: 03/16/13
                                NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                                GEO Pref: South Texas
                                TSL1: 06/21/13
                                PFT1:
                                Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                                Med: 3/2013
                                Interview: 9/26/13
                                EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                                BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                                Poly: 3/19/13
                                Drug Screen: 4/19/13

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9073 users online. 265 members and 8808 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X