300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    I took 4 of them and through my experience, the 7 year timeframe goes out the window. Your entire life is an open book. At least thats how mine worked out.
    So do u get penalized if your answers are different if they ask you " have u ever"?
    Longer than the 7 year timeframe they ask you in the pre-employment forms....

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
      Got scheduled for my drug test tomorrow... TSU and EOD next up
      Hope your got your waiting shoes on. Its going to be a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobhoward View Post
        So do u get penalized if your answers are different if they ask you " have u ever"?
        Yes you will be penalized I believe. So my best advice is disclose everything.
        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/29/13
        TSU: 6/13/13
        Drug Test:6/12/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
          Hope your got your waiting shoes on. Its going to be a while.
          Im in no rush, Just happy to get everything out way, thought my background was never going to clear, final two checks in cass in back to back days ain't bad. A friend of mind who got 1st call then got 2nd call retracting EOD said the lady he recently spoke to said he is in first round to take PFT2 once the start back up. Patience is key I guess

Comment

Im in no rush, Just happy to get everything out way, thought my background was never going to clear, final two checks in cass in back to back days ain't bad. A friend of mind who got 1st call then got 2nd call retracting EOD said the lady he recently spoke to said he is in first round to take PFT2 once the start back up. Patience is key I guess
            They told me the same thing
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
            TSU: 3/28/13
            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobhoward View Post
              You will not be penalized for being honest. If you have done nothing in the last 7 years and said so on your eQip then get to the poly and say yes to lets say, drugs, 12 years ago you will not get penalized for the difference because you are simply answering the questions they are asking you.

The things you admit to however are up for scrutiny. It just depends on what it is and whether or not they deem it forgivable and/or something you learned from.
              CBPO Timeline
              Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
              TSL: 09/12/12
              Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
              TSU: 4/22/13
              PFT 2: 10/8/13
              EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
              FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
              BPA Timeline
              Test: 03/16/13
              NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
              GEO Pref: South Texas
              TSL1: 06/21/13
              PFT1:
              Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
              Med: 3/2013
              Interview: 9/26/13
              EQUIP: 9/24/2012
              BI Investigator: 4/2/13
              Poly: 3/19/13
              Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                Question all: I may have an opportunity with BOP. How hard is it to transfer out if/when CBP calls my name? Is there a time frame to transfer out our certain requirements you must meet for Federal LE Transfers?

Its easy man.. Take the job. I work for the BOP. The academy is only three weeks so you will not have to worry about missing anything just incase you get the call. It looks like you are still waiting for your poly so you have a while to wait. Another reason to take it is because it counts for retirement and time in. We are all under FERS. Plus you can build up some leave so you will be paid in transition. (its not a paid move but you will still be getting a paycheck while transitioning) Also they cannot pay you less than what you are making in FERS so even if you are starting out as a GL-5 customs is on the GS payscale so you will automatically be getting paid more since GL series has a pay bump. (look at GS5 step 1 and look at GL5 step 1 and you will see what I mean. I am a GL-7 step 5 but when I flip over I will be a GS-7 step 10 since a GS-7 step 9 makes less money. Its easy to understand but hard to explain on this blog. Take my word for it take the BOP job. You should take any job at this point but BOP is awesome for you since you will be already building up your time in FERS. It will not count against your seniority in CBP but it will count as time served when it comes to Pay and Leave.

If you have any more questions PM me. What institution will you be at?

Comment

Yeah a few of us got that call. I did not hear the first in line thing so hopefully its the same for some of us. Oh and a heads up. I was in TSU before my drug test cleared. I did it monday "" and got the "Call" on the next thursday. So you will probably be in TSU on thursday man. Congrats either way. Now comes the Hard/Easy part. you'll know what I mean in a few months....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                    They told me the same thing

Hey Pointman... Did they say anything about us getting our original choice? I have not called back since April. I have been checking out the housing markets where I chosed but i have been reading on Delphi that a lot of officers are transfering under VRA and swapping as well so I dont even know if my "spot" will even be available..

Comment

Its easy man.. Take the job. I work for the BOP. The academy is only three weeks so you will not have to worry about missing anything just incase you get the call. It looks like you are still waiting for your poly so you have a while to wait. Another reason to take it is because it counts for retirement and time in. We are all under FERS. Plus you can build up some leave so you will be paid in transition. (its not a paid move but you will still be getting a paycheck while transitioning) Also they cannot pay you less than what you are making in FERS so even if you are starting out as a GL-5 customs is on the GS payscale so you will automatically be getting paid more since GL series has a pay bump. (look at GS5 step 1 and look at GL5 step 1 and you will see what I mean. I am a GL-7 step 5 but when I flip over I will be a GS-7 step 10 since a GS-7 step 9 makes less money. Its easy to understand but hard to explain on this blog. Take my word for it take the BOP job. You should take any job at this point but BOP is awesome for you since you will be already building up your time in FERS. It will not count against your seniority in CBP but it will count as time served when it comes to Pay and Leave.

Thanks for the info man. I really appreciate it. I understand was your saying about pay scale. I have an interview with MDC Brooklyn. I tried PM you but u have turn it on.
                      Last edited by FullMetal; 06-12-2013, 09:01 PM.
                      "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just took my drug test today my frienddsand my fear is that my wait has only just begun ..
                        PFT 2:

Comment

Hey Pointman... Did they say anything about us getting our original choice? I have not called back since April. I have been checking out the housing markets where I chosed but i have been reading on Delphi that a lot of officers are transfering under VRA and swapping as well so I dont even know if my "spot" will even be available..
                          In regards to academy classes, they said that those who have been offered the job already will be the first in line to get a call when things pick up. In regards to ports that were offered is not known at this time. I even spoke to Brendt Traicoff, the guy who sends us all of those physical fitness emails, lol. He said that he was unsure to what will be offered next time around.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                          TSU: 3/28/13
                          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

While your comments concerning pay scale are generally true concerning moves between agencies in the same government department. i.e. agency in DOJ to another agency in DOJ. It does not necessarily work that way in moves between agencies in separate government departments i.e. agency in DOJ to agency in DHS.

FB

Comment

• Speaking from experience every thing from bop transferred to cbp. However depending on your pay they can only match up a gs-7 step 10. (They used to use step XX for a 100% pay match but no longer) I was a gl-9 so I took a decent pay cut going to a 7 10. But with my VA benefits for the first year I did fine.

Comment

• Officially referred to EOD ... the official TSU waiting game has begun
                                PFT 2:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8526 users online. 241 members and 8285 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X