Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, simple way to find out who is doing you background. If the badge is gold, he introduces himself as a special agent for OPMand you are made to raise your right hand when swearing to the investigator, he is federal employee. If it is a silver badge, and says special investigators retained by OPM, he's a contractor. It's a felony to lie to both btw.

Comment

• Finally got rescheduled for my VBT in a couple weeks. Hopefully my BI will be moving along with no issues too. How soon do people hear from their investigator after submitting paperwork on average? Or is there no average? I submitted my paperwork in mid-April.
      Geo: Northwest GS-5
      CBPO Exam: 08/12
      TSL 1: 01/14/13
      Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
      Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
      VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
      Drug Test: ???
      Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
      TSL 2: 04/13
      BI: In the security office
      TSU: ???
      EOD: ???

Comment

• I would say that we'll likely see those 1600 additional hires. I'm thinking that ultimately we'll see the nearly 3500 additional hires that DHS has planned for.

Everything comes at a price though. For one, I expect overtime to be significantly reduced once hiring picks up and those new people move into frontline duties.

Comment

• How many current CBPO's would have failed their polygraph if it was mandatory for them???
          Poly results are unpredictable and not reliable. Everyone who has passed it good for u but u could have easily been in the other end with the other guys. So just be grateful and don't judge the other guys or think you're better than they are.

There's a lot of good guys who have failed and a lot of bad guys who have passed and that's a FACT. So let's make sure we're All Clear about this.
          At the end of the day we're all in the same team, Let's stick together and root for each other. We all want the same thing and have the same goal!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            I would say that we'll likely see those 1600 additional hires. I'm thinking that ultimately we'll see the nearly 3500 additional hires that DHS has planned for.

Everything comes at a price though. For one, I expect overtime to be significantly reduced once hiring picks up and those new people move into frontline duties.
            It would be nice if it were 1600 new (as in new positions) not to include hiring due to attrition... And as it is right now most new hires won't see OT for a very long while because of the new post academy. 3500 would be great especially for those places that are not staffed to capacity.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              A buddy of mine got his final offer for the Border Patrol today which leads gives me hope that a CBPO class is in the works in the near future.
              no more classes until after Oct 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Train27 View Post
                I thought I read that post right and it said that the EOD date is June 11th. So, under that EOD date, it really should be a July academy date of some sort.

It really depends on what he/she is signed up for whether it may be for a CBP Officer or a CBP Border patrol agent. The two have very different classes and different scheduling time frames.

For Border Patrol, from other applicants that I have met with their EODs, they take the PFT2, shortly go to FLETC for training, Spanish school, and then back to post.

For CBPO, it's roughly one month of Pre-training, down to FLETC, and then back to post for the remainder of training.

So, basically I'm trying to make sure that E92's friend is actually on the CBPO track or if because of this stupid sequester and budget BS, his friend is getting some type of special pathways instead.
                If it is CBPO, it's really peculiar that the timeline doesn't line up.

PFT2 of May 13th, EOD on June 11th, and academy on June 11th? Really not possible with how the current training schedule is setup. If anything, EOD at the very latest would be around May 11th, so he is ready for a June 11th date. Something doesn't add up right :/

Regardless, that's awesome that they are opening another class, minus that part where the class will probably die from heat exhaustion.
                EOD is when you start pre-academy. the earliest he would report to FLETC is around July 11th. I graduate June 11th and they told us no more classes until the new fiscal year. It is possible that people could be at pre-academy for a few months. I know of people that have had a 2 month pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                  Agreed...pft for cp is seriously easy, and 34 seconds for 220 isnt all that wonderful. It is definitely passing but i could do better and was better a few months ago but then i stopped doing sprints for a while.

And i will be taking the pft is miami when and if i accept an offer.
                  just be careful and do not injure yourself. if you injure yourself at the academy you get sent back to your port and will have to be recycled into another class and start all over again. they have recycled people with 5 days left and made them do the whole academy again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                    lol, yes I am. I called the Training & Scheduling unit today and they said that they do not have any updates to the next academy class.
                    we were told here at the academy that there will be no more classes until after the fiscal year. supposed to have a lot of people coming though. That doesnt mean you won't EOD before that. You could have a 2 month pre-academy. who knows. the govt is strange like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      It would be nice if it were 1600 new (as in new positions) not to include hiring due to attrition... And as it is right now most new hires won't see OT for a very long while because of the new post academy. 3500 would be great especially for those places that are not staffed to capacity.
                      If it's to be believed, all of those proposed 3477 new hires should be above and and beyond what's needed to address current attrition. Meaning that insteand of the current mandated of staffing 21775 Officers, the agency would be tasked at staffing 25,252 CBPOs.

As far as how great it'll be, we'll have to wait and see. I can see a lot of ports losing a lot of overtime due to increased staffing. I can see where a lot of resources and ifrastructure will be stretched even further with increased numbers of people. Depending on where one is and how those news hires get distributed, I think there will be potentially a lot of people looking at a lesser than optimal work enviroment with the addition of what's a roughly 16% increase in total CBPO staffing.

Who knows though...maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Comment

• Your a little behind the curve noname1. A lot of us got the call with a class date of June 11th. It was recended due to budget.
                        Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• I know this probably won't be relevant any time soon, but what is the order in which people are selected out of TSU?

TSU: 5/29/2013
                          NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                          TSL1: 8/14/2012
                          TSL2: 8/16/2012
                          PFT1: 9/17/2012
                          Poly: 11/14/2012
                          Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                          BI: cleared 12/2012
                          Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                          EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
                            I know this probably won't be relevant any time soon, but what is the order in which people are selected out of TSU?

I'm pretty sure they go by who has received their TSL first in the geographic preference they have the vacancy for.
                            Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
                            NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
                            Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
                            TSL 02/16/2012
                            Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
                            PFT-1: 03/14/2012
                            Medical: 03/27/2012
                            Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
                            VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
                            3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
                            Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
                            Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
                            TSU: 03/14/2013
                            The Call:
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
                              I know this probably won't be relevant any time soon, but what is the order in which people are selected out of TSU?

SWB hopeful is right, it goes by TSL date. However I am not sure how the calls will be handled now for those people that had their offers rescinded. Will they get the call first? Or will it go back to whoever has the oldest TSL? Hard to say, but I'm not sure it will matter I think once the calls start to pick up the offers will start flying again...at least I hope they will.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hey guys ... any insight into as to what goes on during the background investigator meeting? I have mine Tuesday.
                                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                                Geo: Central/East
                                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                                TSL:11/1/12
                                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                                Met BI: 5/29/13
                                TSU: 6/13/13
                                Drug Test:6/12/13
                                PFT 2:
                                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12187 users online. 422 members and 11765 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X