300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    Trust me I feel you guys. From Staten Island to Brooklyn on the belt for 4 polys to be there at 0800 wasnt fun in the least lol
    I had to take my poly in Jersey at 8am, that's why I opted to go the night before and stay at a hotel. I wasn't going
    to let traffic make me late. Driving during rush hour would have been ridiculous!
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
      I quit. I am taking my name out of this pool. I have been in TSU for 5 years. 5 years!!... since 2008 (even though I applied under a special announcement for a "dire needs" location). Regardless, after 5 years in TSU I had my polygraph recently and failed 1 portion of it. The guy giving the exam seemed really concerned with my foreign travel and vacations and questioned me about it for nearly an hour. I was subsequently told I would not be able to take a 2nd polygraph either. During my 2 background investigations, both of my investigators said my foreign travel shouldn't be a problem at all. I had been traveling abroad since high school... and majored in international studies in college and travel is my favorite thing to do (it's also what got me interested in a Customs job) but apparently that's not suitable. So, someone else gets my spot. Best of luck to all of you still waiting. The polygraph is a joke... decent candidates are weeded out.
      I know the wait is hard and being told your failed is very hard to hear. Just wait though, don't give up yet. It still has to go to QC you never know what could happen. Keep hope alive brother.
      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
        So just to be clear, we should hope for things to begin moving again at the beginning of the next fiscal year in October... correct?
        I don't know, but since calls were rescinded over 1 month ago I've secretly been hoping for October. Perhaps it's false hope and setting myself up for disappointment, but this is where I'm at mentally with CBP right now... while siultaneously living my life as if CBP doesn't exist! Try that balancing act sometime, Buddy. It's better than foot juggling at Cirque du Soleil lol.

Comment

• Maybe a little ray of light for some... Email from the union said 1600 new hires for next year. You never know but at least it's something to look forward to.

Best of luck, and simply move along as if you never applied... The call will come when least expected.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Not trying to get people's hopes up

Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Maybe a little ray of light for some... Email from the union said 1600 new hires for next year. You never know but at least it's something to look forward to.

Best of luck, and simply move along as if you never applied... The call will come when least expected.
            Was that recently? I was reading some where that the senate approve of it on the 24 of may? Can you give us some more information base in that email ?
            Last edited by Shorttie; 05-29-2013, 11:04 AM. Reason: Proving a point about what I said in the pass
            Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
            first choice: Florida region
            second choice: Puerto Rico
            Test-8/21/11
            NOR-3/23/12
            Test Management Application-8/16/12
            TSL-2/25/13
            PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
            Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
            B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
            V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
            S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
            Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
            PFT 2-
            The Call-
            E.O.D-

Comment

• Just a heads up guys I just spoke to my investigator over the phone and he told me that I have to meet with him as soon as possible because they are getting ready to begin hiring again and he needs to submit his report. I think this is good news for all of us.
              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
              Geo: Central/East
              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
              TSL:11/1/12
              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
              Met BI: 5/29/13
              TSU: 6/13/13
              Drug Test:6/12/13
              PFT 2:
              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

Just a heads up guys I just spoke to my investigator over the phone and he told me that I have to meet with him as soon as possible because they are getting ready to begin hiring again and he needs to submit his report. I think this is good news for all of us.
                Don't read too much into a BI's push to get his report done... These are contractors that are paid by the amount of work they do and it does nto correlate with hiring. Not to shoot down your hopes, but just talking about first hand experience.
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                  Was that recently? I was reading some where that the senate approve of it on the 24 of may? Can you give us some more information base in that email ?
                  This was recent, form a recent approval to 2014 budget that includes 1600 new hires for CBP.
                  CBPO

Comment

• This was the exact thing my investigator told me as well. I needed to meet with him ASAP and that my BI was expedited. The day it was completed in CASS i got the call so i think there is some merit in the potential for classes pre October.

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    Don't read too much into a BI's push to get his report done... These are contractors that are paid by the amount of work they do and it does nto correlate with hiring. Not to shoot down your hopes, but just talking about first hand experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimestopshere View Post
                      This was the exact thing my investigator told me as well. I needed to meet with him ASAP and that my BI was expedited. The day it was completed in CASS i got the call so i think there is some merit in the potential for classes pre October.
                      I have to agree with Yoda on this, what happend to you is the minority. The investigator doesn't really know much about you process. He/she just has to collect all your info and write a report than they don't know anything else. Not trying to be a debbie downer just sharing what I've seen and been through. It may be a little different now though with polys being mandatory, but if they give you that provisional clearance and send you to fletc and then find something you could get booted.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        The investigator told me hes a special agent who works for homeland. I wouldnt have thought about it too hard if he was just a contractor. I do have a contracted investigator looking into part of my background but I think the special agent is in the lead. Im sure you know more than I do though. Yoda, you have answered countless questions of mine through the forum so il take your word for it lol
                        PFT 2:

Comment

• Can someone also please explain how my background cleared without even speaking to an investigator? Provisional clearance?
                          PFT 2:

Comment

• I have to add my name to the list of folks here who was told by the investigator that he "had to get it done ASAP because they had it marked to expedite". After jumping through a bunch of hoops several months back.....nada! CASS still shows it as pending. This guy even made initial contact with me on a Saturday (something I've NEVER had happen before)! Keep in mind I've done abpproximately a half dozen of this to date between my CBP app and when I had gone through Border Patrol a number of year back. Although mine was supposed to be a simple update for an expired BI, I had to go through the whole thing again.

BTW, every one of my BI's I've ever had done are conducted by OPM contractors. They carry a badge and creds, but they're not agents.

Comment

Can someone also please explain how my background cleared without even speaking to an investigator? Provisional clearance?

The polygraph is part of our background investigation and offers provisional clearance to those of us who pass it. You passed your polygraph, therefore, you received provisional clearance. As noted in my response to you last week, a full scope investigation will be done on your background at which point you will receive full clearance...assuming your investigator does not find any incriminating evidence that would disqualify you from further consideration. I'm not saying he or she will, just giving the hypothetical scenario.

Did you receive a letter from CBP explaining what provisional clearance means?

All the best with your investigation.
                              Last edited by StoneFace; 05-29-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                                BTW, every one of my BI's I've ever had done are conducted by OPM contractors. They carry a badge and creds, but they're not agents.
                                Precisely...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11514 users online. 278 members and 11236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X