Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGTX_LONGHORN View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thought I should update everyone as there was some movement.

I received a letter dated 3 months ago in the mail yesterday that I failed my 2nd polygraph. I don't know if one can appeal/petition or anything like that....

Also, I took the BP test back in March. Does anyone know if these polygraph results affect my application through them as well?

It really bums me out that I am being found "unsuited" by an examination that is unreliable, unscientific, and biased. Oh well...
    You can try to appeal it... No guarantees on that. You should disclose any and all findings on your BPA app when the times come, you have nothing to loose by giving it a shot.

Best of Luck!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGTX_LONGHORN View Post
      Hey everyone,

Thought I should update everyone as there was some movement.

I received a letter dated 3 months ago in the mail yesterday that I failed my 2nd polygraph. I don't know if one can appeal/petition or anything like that....

Also, I took the BP test back in March. Does anyone know if these polygraph results affect my application through them as well?

It really bums me out that I am being found "unsuited" by an examination that is unreliable, unscientific, and biased. Oh well...
      I'm very sorry to hear of that. I'm praying all goes well in your appeal.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Just got a call for more references ... why dont they just ask for more references in the paperwork due after the tsl rather than expect me to gey them in a day. Doesnt make much sense to me.
        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/29/13
        TSU: 6/13/13
        Drug Test:6/12/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
          Just got a call for more references ... why dont they just ask for more references in the paperwork due after the tsl rather than expect me to gey them in a day. Doesnt make much sense to me.
          I was asked for more references from my investigator as well. That was bc she didn't want to make the trek to Brooklyn. Which I understand the Belt Parkway is a nightmare! Distance could be a factor for you as well.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            I was asked for more references from my investigator as well. That was bc she didn't want to make the trek to Brooklyn. Which I understand the Belt Parkway is a nightmare! Distance could be a factor for you as well.
            The Long Island Expressway is even worse, lol
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
            TSU: 3/28/13
            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• The refefences they want are from my time spent getting my masters degree. I started in fall of 12 and I took 3 classes. I decided to leave school because I got my tsl and I didnt want to spend another semesters tuition if I wasnt going to stay. The problem is that I have basically one friend from my time spent there that I would consider a decent reference. I contacted my 2 professors including the dean and the chair of the department to see if they could help as well. Does anyone have some advice? I would really appreciate it.
              PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                Trust me I feel you guys. From Staten Island to Brooklyn on the belt for 4 polys to be there at 0800 wasnt fun in the least lol
                PFT 2:

Comment

• I wonder are a lot of people lying on their ploys or something? It seems like everyone fails. Other agencies at least conduct a background with the poly before making a decision. Is CBP different or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                    I wonder are a lot of people lying on their ploys or something? It seems like everyone fails. Other agencies at least conduct a background with the poly before making a decision. Is CBP different or what?
                    When the process began (with the poly being mandated) the poly was done after a BI was done... Now it seems they are using it as a culling tool prior to a full BI being done and a fast track to interim clearances to boost the ready pool.
                    Just my opinion though...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I quit. I am taking my name out of this pool. I have been in TSU for 5 years. 5 years!!... since 2008 (even though I applied under a special announcement for a "dire needs" location). Regardless, after 5 years in TSU I had my polygraph recently and failed 1 portion of it. The guy giving the exam seemed really concerned with my foreign travel and vacations and questioned me about it for nearly an hour. I was subsequently told I would not be able to take a 2nd polygraph either. During my 2 background investigations, both of my investigators said my foreign travel shouldn't be a problem at all. I had been traveling abroad since high school... and majored in international studies in college and travel is my favorite thing to do (it's also what got me interested in a Customs job) but apparently that's not suitable. So, someone else gets my spot. Best of luck to all of you still waiting. The polygraph is a joke... decent candidates are weeded out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                        I quit. I am taking my name out of this pool. I have been in TSU for 5 years. 5 years!!... since 2008 (even though I applied under a special announcement for a "dire needs" location). Regardless, after 5 years in TSU I had my polygraph recently and failed 1 portion of it. The guy giving the exam seemed really concerned with my foreign travel and vacations and questioned me about it for nearly an hour. I was subsequently told I would not be able to take a 2nd polygraph either. During my 2 background investigations, both of my investigators said my foreign travel shouldn't be a problem at all. I had been traveling abroad since high school... and majored in international studies in college and travel is my favorite thing to do (it's also what got me interested in a Customs job) but apparently that's not suitable. So, someone else gets my spot. Best of luck to all of you still waiting. The polygraph is a joke... decent candidates are weeded out.
                        Hmmm, I'm sorry to hear this. I have a TS/SCI w/ plenty of foreign travel and this was issue with me for another agency. However, I wasn't aware that CBPO require TS or SCI clearance? The question of close and continuing contact with foreigners was a problem for me, since I have some foreign family members. Don't be worried polygraphs are not definite and can be wrong. When I was hired for a local PD I passed my polygraph easily. No questions about foreign travel were asked and I was hired within 6 months. However, when I was hired with the feds they asked questions like "where have you traveled" or "have you tried to overthrow the government."

- Good luck
                        Last edited by TopGun87; 05-27-2013, 12:34 PM.
                        The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Here is my question about polys, and feel free to speculate away: Is CPB having more issues that other agencies because the poly program is fairly new and it was probably started in a hurry? I have noticed that a lot of times this happens in the government when a new procedure/ program is brought online? And obviously some people will become casualties of the polys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                            Here is my question about polys, and feel free to speculate away: Is CPB having more issues that other agencies because the poly program is fairly new and it was probably started in a hurry? I have noticed that a lot of times this happens in the government when a new procedure/ program is brought online? And obviously some people will become casualties of the polys.
                            I believe so. Good, hard-working, dedicated, honest men and women become casualties of these polys, indeed. They aren't even taken seriously in the court of law... how can they be here? Criminals can pass them, good people can fail them. Seems like a legit screening tool...

Comment

• Here's to another week of hoping for the phone to ring.. Anyone hear anything? Any nice rumors to give us some false hope?

Comment

• So just to be clear, we should hope for things to begin moving again at the beginning of the next fiscal year in October... correct?
                                NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                                TSL1: 8/14/2012
                                TSL2: 8/16/2012
                                PFT1: 9/17/2012
                                Poly: 11/14/2012
                                Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                                BI: cleared 12/2012
                                Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                                TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                                EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12683 users online. 499 members and 12184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X