Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea if we get new places offered (i also liked what i chose) but i am under the assumption that our location choices were guaranteed but the start was simply delayed.
    Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
    Does anyone really know what's going on? I mean im BOP and we are under a hiring freeze as well but low and behold our schedule comes out for next quarter and bam we have 7 new rookies. We fall under DOJ and not DHS but we were told the same. My educated guess is that calls will go out in August to report in September with class being in October. Possibly a month later if they want our report date to be in the new FY as well. Just a guess. I do hope it's sooner but who really knows. I kinda wish I didn't get the first call. It only made this process more unbearable. Anyone think they will offer the same places as the first call? I liked my spot I chose.

Comment

• Received my NOR for BPA. Wondering if I should pursue this position.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
        Received my NOR for BPA. Wondering if I should pursue this position.
        From what I have seen BP process is longer than Customs. But, since you are already in TSU you would be ahead of the game anyway
        CBPO
        Geo: SWB
        Written: 8/28/12
        NOR: 9/12 93%
        TSL 1+2: 9/12
        Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
        VBT + SI: 11/12
        case sent to IA: 12/27/12
        Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
        Poly: ?
        BI: ?

BPA
        Written: 3/20/13
        NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by Too far from home View Post
          What type of employment will you have overseas? I am a contractor who has been in Iraq and Afghanistan for four years and made it through the background for a DHS agency because exceptions to this rule. I don't know the exact wording, but basically as long as you are employed by a US company supporting the US government overseas you meet the exception to the rule.

I received a letter saying I was found ineligible for the position but was able to overcome the residency requirement with a simple letter and documentation. I ended up passing the position up for another but it was worth the effort because the new agency used my DHS investigation.
          The work would not meet any of the exceptions as I'd not be working for a company based in the U.S.

Did you receive your letter based on your residency before the date you made application? Or did the time frame include that time after you applied?
          Gek.

Comment

• [QUOTE=biggdawgdaddy;3284194]If shift is after 2200 it is 20% if it is after 1100 it is 15% On Sunday it is always 50% unless it is an overtime shift or Holiday when it is 100%. You can look up COPRA pay and get more info. As Merlin said, you get one premium pay per, and it will be the highest rate. COPRA Pay has become a target for savings to the government.

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            As a rule of thumb...

Your 2200-0600 example is an interesting one. I've never worked that particular shift.
            My guess...most of those shifts would be paid at 20% differential since the majority of the work hours fall within "midnight shift" hours. Where it probably gets tricky is those 2200-0600 shifts that fall on Sundays and holidays. I'm guessing those particular shifts see the either the 50% or 100% differential for the hours worked on the Sunday/holiday...and 20% differential for those hours worked otherwise.

After 2200 before 0600 - 20%
            After 1200 before 2200- 15%

Sundays 50% / night shift Sundays only get 50%.
            Holidays 100% ( double pay)

The 20% do not apply for Sunday night and holidays because you are getting 50% and 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
              That E-mail stated that CBP will continue the hiring freeze for NON-FRONTLINE personnel. Last time I looked CBP Officers were frontline staff. Now, mission support staff will have a problem for sometime to come.

FB
              I got that email and stated what u just said, NON-FRONTLINE..

Comment

• Hope you and your family is ok after the storm OK female.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  The work would not meet any of the exceptions as I'd not be working for a company based in the U.S.

Did you receive your letter based on your residency before the date you made application? Or did the time frame include that time after you applied?
                  I received it when they were adjudicating my background investigation.

Comment

• anybody know the timeframe for when one is supposed to meet an investigator or is that just as random as the rest of this process? lol
                    CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                    Geo: Central/East
                    NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                    TSL:11/1/12
                    Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                    Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                    Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                    VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                    Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                    Met BI: 5/29/13
                    TSU: 6/13/13
                    Drug Test:6/12/13
                    PFT 2:
                    EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                      anybody know the timeframe for when one is supposed to meet an investigator or is that just as random as the rest of this process? lol
                      QA has to review the results of your polygraph (from last Thursday) and give the final approval. This approval time frame is largely contingent upon how backed up they currently are at that location. I'd say give it between 1-2 weeks (yes, more hurry up and wait... shocking lol). I received provisional clearance soon after my polygraph and heard from my investigator the following week. As most have noted on this forum, everyone's process is different. Case in point, you took 4 bloody polygraphs, I took 1...no rhyme...no reason. One thing is for sure though, we've all got the same common denominator: WE WAIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                        Hope you and your family is ok after the storm OK female.
                        Ditto...my prayers are with the State of Oklahoma tonight.

God help them...

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Sorry I've been unable to log on on my laptop, so I'm answering through the tablet...
                          Not sure how long the steps are good for now, but when I went through I had to do most all of them 3 times with the exception of the VBT.

Now for some bad news for those on the wait... Email sent out today said hiring freeze until a budget is passed or fiscal year end. Which then it'll have to wait for an actual budget to be passed for 2014. If I were you guys I'd be getting political and reaching out to your representatives...
                          Thanks for responding Yoda. I also sent an email to MHC to see if things have changed and to find out specifically for me what will have to be redone.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Background cleared in CASS...now the easy part, Background and peeing in a cup!
                            GEO: Northeast
                            Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                            TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                            e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                            Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                            PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                            VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                            Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                            Qualifications: Pending
                            Drug Screening: Pending
                            BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                            Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                              Hope you and your family is ok after the storm OK female.
                              Thank you gijoeavila and stoneface! My family and I are safe. So crazy to see all of this damage, but we will recover. Time to put my volunteer shoes on and get to work. Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                                Background cleared in CASS...now the easy part, Background and peeing in a cup!
                                That's great, it's a big milestone to pass. Just look at my timeline haha.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15421 users online. 433 members and 14988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X