Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyyy Guys!!! I just checked my cass and it has updated to: Referred to Schedule EOD 5/14/2013 You have been referred to the scheduling unit.

Wohoooo!!
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
      Heyyy Guys!!! I just checked my cass and it has updated to: Referred to Schedule EOD 5/14/2013 You have been referred to the scheduling unit.

Wohoooo!!
      Congrats bro!!!! See you at FLETC!!!!!
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
        Congrats bro!!!! See you at FLETC!!!!!
        Thanks bro, Ill see you there...

Comment

Hey Rms16, Same here, I should have taken the NYPD exam a long time ago, but I haven't yet. I'll definitely take it as soon as I can. BTW, thanks for telling me about PAPD, I already applied and Im taking the test at the end of this month. Good luck to you!
          No problem EASF, figured I'd let you know just incase. Congrats on being referred to scheduling unit! Great news!!
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
            well my friends, i just got back from my 4th polygraph and was told that i passed!! the sense of relief that i feel is amazing. i understand QC makes the final decision but i hear they rarely disagree with the examiners finding. Next stop FLETC?
            Fantastic news for sure, congrats! High Five!!

Comment

Heyyy Guys!!! I just checked my cass and it has updated to: Referred to Schedule EOD 5/14/2013 You have been referred to the scheduling unit.

Wohoooo!!

Isn't it the most ecstatic feeling ever?? Congratulations and welcome to the waiting pool...Pointman is on lifeguard duty right now haha

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                Isn't it the most ecstatic feeling ever?? Congratulations and welcome to the waiting pool...Pointman is on lifeguard duty right now haha
                lol, yes I am. I called the Training & Scheduling unit today and they said that they do not have any updates to the next academy class.
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• So I've gotten mixed repsonses to this question wondering if anybody has the answer. How long is the pft1 good for? Actually how long are any of the steps good for before they have to be updated? I know med is a form they send out to recert. How about anything else? I'm coming up on two years for everything starting in july.. Well except the BI of course. I know Yoda had to redo many of the steps hoping maybe he is around and can shine some light. Or anybody for that matter.I've called MHC about it last june or july and they said med is all I have to worry about nothing else will expire. Except I think they expected I'd be in by now.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                    Thank you guys. The waiting game begins! Well, I'll be joining Pointman soon.. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      So I've gotten mixed repsonses to this question wondering if anybody has the answer. How long is the pft1 good for? Actually how long are any of the steps good for before they have to be updated? I know med is a form they send out to recert. How about anything else? I'm coming up on two years for everything starting in july.. Well except the BI of course. I know Yoda had to redo many of the steps hoping maybe he is around and can shine some light. Or anybody for that matter.I've called MHC about it last june or july and they said med is all I have to worry about nothing else will expire. Except I think they expected I'd be in by now.
                      Sorry I've been unable to log on on my laptop, so I'm answering through the tablet...
                      Not sure how long the steps are good for now, but when I went through I had to do most all of them 3 times with the exception of the VBT.

Now for some bad news for those on the wait... Email sent out today said hiring freeze until a budget is passed or fiscal year end. Which then it'll have to wait for an actual budget to be passed for 2014. If I were you guys I'd be getting political and reaching out to your representatives...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Sorry I've been unable to log on on my laptop, so I'm answering through the tablet...
                        Not sure how long the steps are good for now, but when I went through I had to do most all of them 3 times with the exception of the VBT.

Now for some bad news for those on the wait... Email sent out today said hiring freeze until a budget is passed or fiscal year end. Which then it'll have to wait for an actual budget to be passed for 2014. If I were you guys I'd be getting political and reaching out to your representatives...
                        That E-mail stated that CBP will continue the hiring freeze for NON-FRONTLINE personnel. Last time I looked CBP Officers were frontline staff. Now, mission support staff will have a problem for sometime to come.

FB

Comment

• [.............................
                          Last edited by Firefox; 02-06-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Q: Is there a residency requirement?
                            A: Yes. CBP has a residency requirement that applies to all applicants other than current
                            CBP employees. If you are not a current CBP employee, CBP requires that for the three
                            (3) years prior to filing an application for employment
                            , individuals must meet one or more
                            of the following primary residence criteria:
                            1. Applicant physically resided in the United States or its protectorates or territories
                            (excluding short trips abroad, such as vacations); or #2 & #3 are irrelevant
                            In the wake of this hiring process being drawn out, I'm contemplating a job offer abroad. Based on the FAQ, since I resided in the U.S. for three years prior to my application, I met the residency requirement. Also, based on the FAQ, I have to guess that I am no longer held to the residency requirement, as I have already filed my application.

Someone-in-the-know, will working abroad at this point create problems for me regarding my CBP application? Am I correct that I'm no longer held to the residency requirement? Is there something that the FAQ isn't telling me?
                            Gek.

Comment

• Does anyone really know what's going on? I mean im BOP and we are under a hiring freeze as well but low and behold our schedule comes out for next quarter and bam we have 7 new rookies. We fall under DOJ and not DHS but we were told the same. My educated guess is that calls will go out in August to report in September with class being in October. Possibly a month later if they want our report date to be in the new FY as well. Just a guess. I do hope it's sooner but who really knows. I kinda wish I didn't get the first call. It only made this process more unbearable. Anyone think they will offer the same places as the first call? I liked my spot I chose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                In the wake of this hiring process being drawn out, I'm contemplating a job offer abroad. Based on the FAQ, since I resided in the U.S. for three years prior to my application, I met the residency requirement. Also, based on the FAQ, I have to guess that I am no longer held to the residency requirement, as I have already filed my application.

Someone-in-the-know, will working abroad at this point create problems for me regarding my CBP application? Am I correct that I'm no longer held to the residency requirement? Is there something that the FAQ isn't telling me?
                                What type of employment will you have overseas? I am a contractor who has been in Iraq and Afghanistan for four years and made it through the background for a DHS agency because exceptions to this rule. I don't know the exact wording, but basically as long as you are employed by a US company supporting the US government overseas you meet the exception to the rule.

I received a letter saying I was found ineligible for the position but was able to overcome the residency requirement with a simple letter and documentation. I ended up passing the position up for another but it was worth the effort because the new agency used my DHS investigation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13028 users online. 496 members and 12532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X