300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
    What did the peanut say when it entered the police station?
    I've been a-salted!
    . . . .
    Why are policeman so strong?
    Because they hold up the traffic!
    . . . .
    Why did the policeman arrest the kitty cat?
    Because of the kitty litter!
    . . . .
    Did you hear about the cannibal who joined the police force? He said he wanted to grill his suspects.
    . . . .
    A man went to a policeman.
    "I just had my watch pinched from under my nose!" yelled the man.
    "That's a strange place to wear it!" chortled the policeman!

Just keep waiting, Just keep waiting......
    This is better suited to the humor forum. This thread is for CBP officer applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger54 View Post
      This is better suited to the humor forum. This thread is for CBP officer applicants.
      Lighten up there buddy. You do know there isn't much CBPO application info to pass due to a lull in hiring. There isn't anything wrong with a little levity to take the edge off this arduous process.

Love it AMAC. I can tell that you certainly have a kid(s).
      Last edited by TripleD; 05-11-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Competitiveness with Container Security Initiative (CSI) gigs vary based on location. Seniority is what it ultimately comes down to, but don't let that hamper you from applying. Not everyone wants to go to France, or Canada...so if you become a CBPO and you're the Officer with the most seniority that applied, you get offered the job first.

CBPO does not operate in the same accelerated promotion plan as BPA. CBPO's get their first promotion 1 year after their EOD Date, and continue to promote every 12 months. BPA's get their first promotion 6 months after their EOD date, and after that, they promote every 12 months (from the date of their first promotion.) Picture it this way, as a BPA if you EOD on January 1st, you get your first promotion on July 1st. After that, you continue to promote every year on July 1st.

When it comes to overtime, CBPO's get paid double-pay for all overtime. If a CBPO works a regular 8 hour day, and then another 8 hours for overtime, the second 8 hours is equal to 16 hours worth of pay. All overtime is double for CBPOs...

BPA's are paid Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime, known as AUO. With AUO, you get paid an extra 25% for every hour your work, and you also receive FLSA pay (which I have no idea how it works, nor do any of the BPA's that I've talked to about this issue.) AUO is used when BPA's are out in the field conducting their duties (ex; chasing a group of) and won't return to their duty station before the end of their shift. They are paid AUO because the overtime was unplanned and uncontrollable. However, from what I've been told recently, BP is being scrutinized with the use of paying BPA's AUO. That is a completely different story that I am not going to get into. Check out honorfirst forum for more info on that.
        Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 05-12-2013, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• 4th polygraph coming up on Thursday. Maybe I can finally convince them that I have never handled sensitive classified information without the governments consent and that im not a spy lol.... what a joke
          CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
          Geo: Central/East
          NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
          TSL:11/1/12
          Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
          Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
          Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
          VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
          Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
          Met BI: 5/29/13
          TSU: 6/13/13
          Drug Test:6/12/13
          PFT 2:
          EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
            Lighten up there buddy. You do know there isn't much CBPO application info to pass due to a lull in hiring. There isn't anything wrong with a little levity to take the edge off this arduous process.

Love it AMAC. I can tell that you certainly have a kid(s).
            Thanks TripleD, I do have a couple of little ones.... look out world!

Life already offers us plenty of time to be serious, we need to laugh once and a while.

CHEERS!!!
            CBPO Timeline
            Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
            TSL: 09/12/12
            Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
            TSU: 4/22/13
            PFT 2: 10/8/13
            EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
            FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
            BPA Timeline
            Test: 03/16/13
            NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
            GEO Pref: South Texas
            TSL1: 06/21/13
            PFT1:
            Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
            Med: 3/2013
            Interview: 9/26/13
            EQUIP: 9/24/2012
            BI Investigator: 4/2/13
            Poly: 3/19/13
            Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
              Thanks TripleD, I do have a couple of little ones.... look out world!
              Just when we thought we couldn't handle anymore!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                Competitiveness with Container Security Initiative (CSI) gigs vary based on location. Seniority is what it ultimately comes down to, but don't let that hamper you from applying. Not everyone wants to go to France, or Canada...so if you become a CBPO and you're the Officer with the most seniority that applied, you get offered the job first.

CBPO does not operate in the same accelerated promotion plan as BPA. CBPO's get their first promotion 1 year after their EOD Date, and continue to promote every 12 months. BPA's get their first promotion 6 months after their EOD date, and after that, they promote every 12 months (from the date of their first promotion.) Picture it this way, as a BPA if you EOD on January 1st, you get your first promotion on July 1st. After that, you continue to promote every year on July 1st.

When it comes to overtime, CBPO's get paid double-pay for all overtime. If a CBPO works a regular 8 hour day, and then another 8 hours for overtime, the second 8 hours is equal to 16 hours worth of pay. All overtime is double for CBPOs...

BPA's are paid Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime, known as AUO. With AUO, you get paid an extra 25% for every hour your work, and you also receive FLSA pay (which I have no idea how it works, nor do any of the BPA's that I've talked to about this issue.) AUO is used when BPA's are out in the field conducting their duties (ex; chasing a group of) and won't return to their duty station before the end of their shift. They are paid AUO because the overtime was unplanned and uncontrollable. However, from what I've been told recently, BP is being scrutinized with the use of paying BPA's AUO. That is a completely different story that I am not going to get into. Check out honorfirst forum for more info on that.
                Just a small correction ..... Overtime is time and a half not double time. You get double time on holidays. If you guys look up gs payscale then look at the hourly pay (not the annual salary) it will show your hourly pay and your ot pay under it. Also as LEO we get capped. So when you hit let's say your gs11 you'll only make about 5 bucks more per hour. We are capped at $37 an hour. When you hit your 12 with the right step it does increase a tiny bit but it's not time and a half and certainly not double time. Again I am a fed LEO but not customs yet. I do know FERS and our pay chart like the back of my hand. If anyone has any questions on pay and leave. Remember too when you hit 3 years of service you get 6 hours of annual leave per pay period. 15 years you get 8 hours. This includes military time so if you have 10 years active duty you will only need 5 years in before you hit 8 hours a pay period. That equals. 5. Weeks and a day. 6 hours per pay period is 4 weeks off per year. Food for thought. Oh it's
                Monday tomorrow .... another week of watching the phone ... Happy mother's day, mom's.

Sorry this is chopped up. My 3 year old son was trying to help..
                Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                  Just a small correction ..... Overtime is time and a half not double time. You get double time on holidays. If you guys look up gs payscale then look at the hourly pay (not the annual salary) it will show your hourly pay and your ot pay under it. Also as LEO we get capped. So when you hit let's say your gs11 you'll only make about 5 bucks more per hour. We are capped at $37 an hour. When you hit your 12 with the right step it does increase a tiny bit but it's not time and a half and certainly not double time. Again I am a fed LEO but not customs yet. I do know FERS and our pay chart like the back of my hand. If anyone has any questions on pay and leave. Remember too when you hit 3 years of service you get 6 hours of annual leave per pay period. 15 years you get 8 hours. This includes military time so if you have 10 years active duty you will only need 5 years in before you hit 8 hours a pay period. That equals. 5. Weeks and a day. 6 hours per pay period is 4 weeks off per year. Food for thought. Oh it's
                  Monday tomorrow .... another week of watching the phone ... Happy mother's day, mom's.

Sorry this is chopped up. My 3 year old son was trying to help..

With all do respect, sir, I am a CBPO. CBPO's are covered by COPRA pay (Customs Officer Pay Reform Act.) I can assure you, overtime is DOUBLE for CBP Officers.

Here is how COPRA works:

Compensation in addition to basic pay for work in excess of the 40-
                  hour regularly scheduled work week or work in excess of 8 hours in a day. Overtime pay is 2 times the basic hourly rate—a 100-percent premium (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for Sunday work. Sunday pay is 1.5 times the basic hourly rate (50-percent premium). Sunday can be a regularly scheduled workday. Officers are paid for actual hours worked (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for night work. Night differential pay rates differ based on the time or shift hours worked. Officers paid 1.15 or 1.2 times the basic hourly rate (15- or 20-percent differential). ‘‘Majority of hours’’ provision applies depending on actual hours worked (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for work on a holiday. Holiday pay is 2 times the basic hourly rate (100-percent premium) (COPRA).
                  Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 05-13-2013, 02:06 AM. Reason: Pay rates and differential

Comment

• 4GodnCountry, thanks for the clarity. How does overtime work if you are doing overtime for a overnight shift? Lets say a 10-6 am shift. Do you get paid the regular double time since its overtime or do you get paid the double time along with the 20% overnight differential as well. Hope the question makes since, lol. Thanks in advance.

Oh, also for the Sunday pay. Are you saying that if your regular scheduled day of work is on Sunday that you get regular pay for that day or do you get time and a half for that do no matter if its your work day or not?
                    Last edited by Pointman8; 05-13-2013, 08:31 AM.
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Hi, is there anyone processing for Miami?

App: 7/2011
                      Written : 8/1/2011
                      NOR: 2/23/2012 Florida
                      TSL 1: 2/25/2013
                      PFT1 &Med: 4/1/2013
                      VBT: 5/10/2013
                      Quals: GS-7
                      Poly:
                      Drug test:
                      BI:
                      TSU:
                      The call:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                        With all do respect, sir, I am a CBPO. CBPO's are covered by COPRA pay (Customs Officer Pay Reform Act.) I can assure you, overtime is DOUBLE for CBP Officers.

Here is how COPRA works:

Compensation in addition to basic pay for work in excess of the 40-
                        hour regularly scheduled work week or work in excess of 8 hours in a day. Overtime pay is 2 times the basic hourly rate—a 100-percent premium (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for Sunday work. Sunday pay is 1.5 times the basic hourly rate (50-percent premium). Sunday can be a regularly scheduled workday. Officers are paid for actual hours worked (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for night work. Night differential pay rates differ based on the time or shift hours worked. Officers paid 1.15 or 1.2 times the basic hourly rate (15- or 20-percent differential). ‘‘Majority of hours’’ provision applies depending on actual hours worked (COPRA).

Premium paid in addition to basic hourly rate for work on a holiday. Holiday pay is 2 times the basic hourly rate (100-percent premium) (COPRA).
                        Awesome .. I didn't know we had different LEO pays systems with the feds. I have two friends in the Marshall's and one is an IEA with ICE and they both told me it's the same just like air force gets paid the same as army. ( their example) My buddy in customs didn't say anything. But none the less if customs has there own special pay scale then thats awesome. More money. Can you please let us know where we can find this pay scale? Is it on usda opm. Website? Thanks for the heads up I really didn't know that customs had there own special pay.

Comment

• Just Googled it man and wow ... Thank you for that. I do have one question ... Is there a cap for CBP? That makes me about 30% more excited ... Thanks you just made waiting for the call a little more excruciating ..jk.. That is such good news. Also it will be fun rubbing it in at work tonight. Ha. Our LT's are only 11's and hate ot because of the cap. Well thanks again you made my day. Who says Mondays have to suck.
                          Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Just Googled it man and wow ... Thank you for that. I do have one question ... Is there a cap for CBP? That makes me about 30% more excited ... Thanks you just made waiting for the call a little more excruciating ..jk.. That is such good news. Also it will be fun rubbing it in at work tonight. Ha. Our LT's are only 11's and hate ot because of the cap. Well thanks again you made my day. Who says Mondays have to suck.
                            Overtime is capped at 35,000 per year. It is not capped hourly at certain pay grades like other Fed agencies.

FB

Comment

Awesome .. I didn't know we had different LEO pays systems with the feds. I have two friends in the Marshall's and one is an IEA with ICE and they both told me it's the same just like air force gets paid the same as army. ( their example) My buddy in customs didn't say anything. But none the less if customs has there own special pay scale then thats awesome. More money. Can you please let us know where we can find this pay scale? Is it on usda opm. Website? Thanks for the heads up I really didn't know that customs had there own special pay.
                              I'm a CBPO and its 2 pay..

Comment

• Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I got sponsored from my local sheriffs office today. I wont actually be starting until june sometime, so unless cbp offers somewhere real nice Ill be here in sunny florida.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13
                                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

FBI
                                Phase two: probably never

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9312 users online. 523 members and 8789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X