Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been reading posts for months. I think that I've read through every single post trying to get a clue of people’s time lines. I tested for Detroit in March and have cleared everything except for my BI. Seems pretty quick compared to other people's time lines but I've become a P.O.W of CASS recently and was hoping for some new insight.

My credit was pulled 08/12/08 and then pulled AGAIN 08/18/08. I have nothing in my past except a couple of traffic tickets in my teens and my credit is average. I still haven’t heard from my BI and no one has contacted any of my friends or employers about me. CASS has said "in the security office" forever.

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. I don't know if not hearing from my BI is a good thing or not. I'm hoping that I'm going to get an interim clearance because according to posts from others who tested at the same time as me for Detroit, they have already met with their BI a month ago. Unfortunatly they have never posted again to say if they were ever cleared for security.

Thanks in advance for this, and for all of the great advice in the past 150 or so pages. Its been great to see that I'm not the only one getting frustrated with this process.

Comment

• I applied in Nov 07 and cleared CASS in late july/early august. Don't sweat the BI unless they actually send a NOPA. Believe me I've got some... interesting, relatives that I thought they might have a problem with. Haven't talked to them in years but still. It was in the back of my mind for months, but in the end I got cleared no problem. It's just a matter of time, lots of time.

Currently I'm still waiting for a start date after almost two months of post CASS waiting. Try to put it all out of your mind, and after that fails miserably I find pounding your head off your desk is remarkably therapeutic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
        I've been reading posts for months. I think that I've read through every single post trying to get a clue of people’s time lines. I tested for Detroit in March and have cleared everything except for my BI. Seems pretty quick compared to other people's time lines but I've become a P.O.W of CASS recently and was hoping for some new insight.

My credit was pulled 08/12/08 and then pulled AGAIN 08/18/08. I have nothing in my past except a couple of traffic tickets in my teens and my credit is average. I still haven’t heard from my BI and no one has contacted any of my friends or employers about me. CASS has said "in the security office" forever.

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. I don't know if not hearing from my BI is a good thing or not. I'm hoping that I'm going to get an interim clearance because according to posts from others who tested at the same time as me for Detroit, they have already met with their BI a month ago. Unfortunatly they have never posted again to say if they were ever cleared for security.

Thanks in advance for this, and for all of the great advice in the past 150 or so pages. Its been great to see that I'm not the only one getting frustrated with this process.
        Hmmm!...
        Have you looked at my timeline?...

Patience my young padawan, patience. lol

Anyway,
        they began contacting my references about a month after it showed "in the security office" on CASS, and about a month after that I met the investigator. This is just a general idea of how it goes, those that are lucky enough to get the interim clearance, like those being processed for MIAMI, I've seen that they take about 4 months from test to hire... So, no rhyme or reason through the whole thing... sit, wait, and they'll call you when they get to you. Good to know that some new posters actually took the time to read through the thread before posting REPEATED questions.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Pawn -

They have pulled my credit twice 8/13; 8/20. After that nothing. We are in the same boat. I have been also hoping for an interim. But I figured if I would have received one my BI on Cass would have already been checked off. I'm just waiting to meet with the investigator. The waiting is driving me nuts. But I'm trying to exercise patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
            I applied in Nov 07 and cleared CASS in late july/early august. Don't sweat the BI unless they actually send a NOPA. Believe me I've got some... interesting, relatives that I thought they might have a problem with. Haven't talked to them in years but still. It was in the back of my mind for months, but in the end I got cleared no problem. It's just a matter of time, lots of time.

Currently I'm still waiting for a start date after almost two months of post CASS waiting. Try to put it all out of your mind, and after that fails miserably I find pounding your head off your desk is remarkably therapeutic.
            Yes, my desk already has those dents. I'm always afraid that I missed a NOPA letter. I'm sure that I didn't because I carfully sort my mail every evening with tweezers and a black light looking for anything with an official looking emblem in the upper left hand corner. Did I mention that my desk already has those dents.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              Pawn -

They have pulled my credit twice 8/13; 8/20. After that nothing. We are in the same boat. I have been also hoping for an interim. But I figured if I would have received one my BI on Cass would have already been checked off. I'm just waiting to meet with the investigator. The waiting is driving me nuts. But I'm trying to exercise patience.
              I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who had their credit pulled twice. I hadn't heard anyone mention that happening in earlier posts. It made me think that there was a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Hmmm!...
                Have you looked at my timeline?...

Patience my young padawan, patience. lol

Anyway,
                they began contacting my references about a month after it showed "in the security office" on CASS, and about a month after that I met the investigator. This is just a general idea of how it goes, those that are lucky enough to get the interim clearance, like those being processed for MIAMI, I've seen that they take about 4 months from test to hire... So, no rhyme or reason through the whole thing... sit, wait, and they'll call you when they get to you. Good to know that some new posters actually took the time to read through the thread before posting REPEATED questions.
                Yeah, your time line is nuts. What's up with that? Is that typical of the Cali. applicants?

You'll like this......

One of my friends recently crossed over into Canada with another guy. When they were returning to the US they pull up to the booth and the CBPO asks him him for his passport. They guy responds, "These are not the droids you're looking for." The CBPO completely unamused replies, "pull over there and pop your trunk".

Comment

• Watch what you say to an Officer..

Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                  You'll like this......

One of my friends recently crossed over into Canada with another guy. When they were returning to the US they pull up to the booth and the CBPO asks him him for his passport. They guy responds, "These are not the droids you're looking for." The CBPO completely unamused replies, "pull over there and pop your trunk".
                  Good story/insight Pawn, thanks for sharing. I hope the Officer delayed their travel home a couple hours....I would.

Comment

• Another week basically done, and here are some things Ive been hearing around the grounds.... This year there are suppose to be a total of close to 75 classes for CBP scheduled, and next year is suppose to be closer to 80. And also, Ive got a feeling that my class may be one of the last couple classes to not have to bunk up with a roomate. So be prepared to have a roomy in close quarters, if you end up at the Taj.

Miami hopefuls: we just got a class of 7 today and another class of 4 that starts on the 22nd. They said that there were 2 more classes that showed up before they left, so if you are waiting on Miami... your turn is coming up.

If you are in the "waiting room" for the CBPO position, dont give up... they are not stopping the hiring process anytime soon. If you are starting anytime soon, then you will be here in the perfect weather, meaning its been gorgeous here and perfect weather for PT, as opposed to 98 degrees, 110% humidity, running 3 miles, then when you get back to the PTD building they black flag outdoor activity... (not that Im angry about it! ha ha).

As for tourism, St. Simons Island is ok at night, Jekyll Island is good during the day, FLETC sucks on the weekends... so I advise seeing the town. Sundays youd be better off going to Beef o Bradys rather then the G-bar or Legends sports bar (although a good crowd on friday nights).

Thats all Ive got for now.... time to hit the books. (with that said, pay attention in class, take some notes and read over the material at night... youll do well)

Oh, and most important (dont eat the talapia.)
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Don't forget the fletc discount at shanes rib shack!!!!
                      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Laptop

Would anyone recommend bringing a laptop with wireless internet connection to FLETC? Will a laptop with MS Office help in your studies?

Comment

• How often do you guys run?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                            I've been reading posts for months. I think that I've read through every single post trying to get a clue of people’s time lines. I tested for Detroit in March and have cleared everything except for my BI. Seems pretty quick compared to other people's time lines but I've become a P.O.W of CASS recently and was hoping for some new insight.

Keep an eye on your email my friend had that same problem and he hasd a letter come in the email, some unanswered questions about his credit.

I also tested in march in detroit, I just met with my IA guy two weeks ago he said he has been real busy jus ton the day I met with him he had met with like 4 other people so just be patient......
                            Tested March 08
                            TO June 08
                            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                            VBT complete 08 passed
                            Qualification GS-5 September 08
                            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustang342 View Post
                              Would anyone recommend bringing a laptop with wireless internet connection to FLETC? Will a laptop with MS Office help in your studies?
                              YES! ABSOLUTELY! My laptop was a life saver. I was too cheap to by an aircard an pay for the subscription, but there are hotspots at a few places on the center and you can always go to Starbucks and use their hotspot. Not only did I use my laptop for internet I watched movies on it without having to buy/rent a tv/dvd player and I brought many of the movies I liked.

As far as helping you study I didn't see any reason to use my computer for that. All the tests were taken out of the manual and all you had to do was study that. I highlighted what I thought would be important and discovered after taking the test that almost noting I highlighted was on the test. With that said, they don't play stump the monkey. I thought all of the tests were straight forward and fair.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
                                How often do you guys run?
                                I asked the same question before I went to FLETC. My Port Director said he ran everyday, 3-4 miles at a time. I think he was attempting to scare me. My class had PT no more than three times during a week. Our normal schedule was two PT's in a week. Our instructor tried to alternate a long running day with other shorter bursts of cardio. So one day we might run 3 miles the next we would run 1.5 miles and do other things in the gym, while other days we wouldn't even run we just do the machines in the gym. My best advice is do what you instructor tells you and don't screw around in class, you and your class will regret it. I have extensive problems with shin splints and plantar faciatis (sore arches form the ligament creating your arch over stretching). We did not run enough to have either of these flair up while I was there.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14703 users online. 447 members and 14256 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X