300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    With all of this information circling around we must be mindful that there are not a lot of people who really know the outcome of all of this. Heck, the ones making the decisions might not even know the outcome to all of this. We just gotta live our lives and make the best out of it while we wait. Some one on this forum said that we've grown accustomed to waiting so this is nothing new (Sorry, I forgot who said it). Eventually they'll come calling, lol.

And on another note, my run time at my 1.5 mile run is about 12:15 and I think that'll suffice, lol
    Good advise pointman8. And the person your thinking of is RMS16 correct me if I'm wrong plz
    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
    first choice: Florida region
    second choice: Puerto Rico
    Test-8/21/11
    NOR-3/23/12
    Test Management Application-8/16/12
    TSL-2/25/13
    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
    PFT 2-
    The Call-
    E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
      Yet your repeating pretty much everything I said. Yes I know the government is going paperless (they have been doing this for years) and yes I know that the I-94 are being done online. To correct you I-94 are not only for Mexicans, its used for other things also.( i will double check to make sure I'm 100 percent right.) This would take more ppl to process the information. Just because its wireless does not mean its easier. And when it comes to the money like I said they have it and they are determining what to do with it. So how is it that I'm wrong with my info if u pretty much restated what I said but you was more elaborate with the info.
      OK, lets try this again. I am not repeating what you posted. What you posted is 100% incorrect. First, I-94's are not online nor are they going to be online. ESTA is completed online by the traveler. An I-94 and an ESTA are not the same thing. The I-94 is going to be electronic, completed by software at the POE when the officer processes the PAX. I never said this was going to make the inspection easier. However, the officer will no longer have to process a form. This will, in theory, speed up the process there by increasing throughput in the POE's. This is not in anyway, shape, or form going to require more officers to process.

You don't have to correct me at all. I am well aware that I-94's are used for other folks than Mexican Nationals. In fact, I-94's are used for most foreign national's including Canadians under certain circumstances. I have worked as an officer for 15 years and have promoted. I have worked in airport, seaport, and land border environments. I believe that I have much better handle on the tasks, processes, and regulations that officer's have to operate under than an applicant regardless of who his mother is.

The agency is trying to convince Congress that about 3500 more officers are needed. This is by no means a forgone conclusion that it will be successful. The presentation is impressive but a lot of work has to be completed. It really has nothing to do with class size. However, if you wish to believe the information from a CBP tech. Have at it but try to refrain from posting it as gospel especially when it is incorrect. I would also think that you would not attempt to explain work related topics especially as they relate to Immigration law to a veteran officer when you haven't even been to the academy yet.

FB

Comment

• Lmao no my information is not incorrect but if it make you happy to say that then be it. You get you your information from one source and ill get mine from another. And no my source is not a cbp tech. The person is higher in rank then that.
        It's funny how I correct you on on thing and you recorrect me with more information.
        Yes I knew about the 3,590 plus cbp officer they want but probably won't get. And no I have not been to the academy but I'm very capable of reading and listening. Which I do a lot when it come to this job. I congratulate you on your many years of service.
        Understand this your not the only one that went to the academy so did my mom.
        But anyway drop the subject move on. There are better things we can talk about when it comes to cbp.
        So I say truce!!
        Last edited by Shorttie; 05-06-2013, 01:26 AM.
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

Comment

Lmao no my information is not incorrect but if it make you happy to say that then be it. You get you your information from one source and ill get mine from another. And no my source is not a cbp tech. The person is higher in rank then that.
          It's funny how I correct you on on thing and you recorrect me with more information.
          Yes I new about the 3,590 plus cbp officer they want but probably won't get. And no I have not been to the academy but I'm very capable of reading and listening. Which I do a lot when it come to this job. I congratulate you on your many years of service.
          Understand this your not the only one that went to the academy so did my mom.
          But anyway drop the subject move on. There are better things we can talk about when it comes to cbp.
          So I say truce!!
          You say you are capable of reading and listening so I will try again. I am higher in rank than that. You are wrong and not even close to correct. You are going on about automated I-94's needing more officers to process. You could not be farther from the truth. You talk about I-94's being online. They are not nor or they going to be. You are trying to tell me who gets I-94's and who doesn't. You should understand that unless your mother is an officer in management and I mean I gun carrying with arrest authority not some other classification you don't know what you are talking about. The reality is even is she is YOU still don't know what you are talking about.

If this is how you are going to react to criticism in the academy, post academy or OJT, I suggest that you re-think you career choice. You do realize that you are trying to "correct" someone on topics that they know much more thoroughly than yourself. While you LMAO, you should consider the level of maturity that you are not showing. It doesn't really matter if your mother attended an academy. What matters is you did not. All you are doing here is spreading rumors that not even close to the truth.

Do try to listen as I have the job you are trying to get. I know the immigration process inside and out. Yet, you are trying to school a current management officer on the job's policies. That seems a bit ill-advised. I will also give you this bit of advice as well. This job requires a large amount of writing. Your spelling and word usage has a lot to be desired. I understand as I too am not the greatest when it comes to spelling. Word check is your friend. However, it is not a substitute for thorough proof reading because it doesn't catch mistakes such as using the word new instead of the word knew. It is hard to be taken seriously when it becomes hard to read what you have written.

FB
          Last edited by Firebug; 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Spell check on a phone sucks, But what ever. And yes she carries a gun. But like I said what ever makes you happy. Ill just keep information given to me to myself and a few others I know here. Not going to entertain this matter anymore seeing that your more bent on venting about the small detail rather then the big ones. Which is what's going on? and what's going to happen?

And tripleD your not entirely right about your info but since I'm so wrong about what is told to me then ill keep the details pretaining to that to myself.
            Test-8/21/11
            NOR-3/23/12
            TSL-2/25/13
            PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
            V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
            S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
            Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
            PFT 2-
            The Call-
            E.O.D-

Comment

• Nine ways NOT to start your police report: 1) It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ... 2) The names contained in this report have been changed to protect the innocent ... 3) The mayor then made an illegal left hand turn onto Mulraney at which point I opened fire ... 4) Before I get into the details, I've got a few "shout-outs" for my homeys in the command staff ... 5) It was so dark and wet that night you could almost eat the mist. The radio call penetrated the eerie silence with such piercing intensity that for a moment, I was sure I'd lost my mind ... 6) Got call. Responded. Arrested bad guy. The end. 7) Mye pertnar an eye wher on petrol wen we seen a man act suspishushly... 8) The suspect then tried to assualt me by repeatedly slamming his face into my fist ... 9) A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...

CBPO Timeline
              Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
              TSL: 09/12/12
              Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
              TSU: 4/22/13
              PFT 2: 10/8/13
              EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
              FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
              BPA Timeline
              Test: 03/16/13
              NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
              GEO Pref: South Texas
              TSL1: 06/21/13
              PFT1:
              Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
              Med: 3/2013
              Interview: 9/26/13
              EQUIP: 9/24/2012
              BI Investigator: 4/2/13
              Poly: 3/19/13
              Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• I've been waiting for my VBT to be rescheduled. CASS says they'll send me information about it being rescheduled in the mail, but it's been a few weeks. Is it most likely not going to be rescheduled until all of the hiring issues are resolved? Should I give MHC a call to find out if I got forgotten? Or should I just continue being patient? I realize that a lot of stuff got halted, but I was hoping some of these pre-hire processes would continue normally to at least put me on the list when they start making calls in the future.
                Geo: Northwest GS-5
                CBPO Exam: 08/12
                TSL 1: 01/14/13
                Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
                Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
                VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
                Drug Test: ???
                Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
                TSL 2: 04/13
                BI: In the security office
                TSU: ???
                EOD: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                  i took it there. good luck. you will b great.. go for my record. 8:57 :-)

Hey, so are you like uhhh related to umm Usain Bolt by any chance? Just kidding lol

Comment

he was right, Nogales can get nuts in a blink of an eye.. But the officers are great. Supervisors are great and the Port Director is for us the Best one. Here you work a lot, learn from the Best officers. If I was you i will take Nogales. So you can become one of us. :-)
                    This is one of the ports featured on Border Wars. It would appear as though there is consistent action at this port. If it were a choice, I would certainly consider it.

Comment

I can personally say that I will not be going for any records. Just making sure the T's are crossed.

Comment

Good advise pointman8. And the person your thinking of is RMS16 correct me if I'm wrong plz
                        One of many my friend one of many. Waiting is a part of everybody's life, we have just become professionals.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Hey Fer haven't seen you on here in a while how have you been? I think I will have to seriously reconsider my port list. This is what always keeps happening I flip between San Luis and Nogales all the time. Now you got me leaning towards Nogales and It will probably change a few more times before I finally get the call. I'm sure when it comes I'll take what I can get. Also if 8:57 is your record you killed me! I thought last summer when I was running almost everyday that 10:30 for a mile and half was good. I'm not there yet right now but 11:10 isn't bad. I'll get back there soon enough.

Edit: look at that my 500th post.
                          Last edited by Rms16; 05-06-2013, 11:45 PM.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
                            The only place I will be running that fast is in my dreams! Lol I am not a fast person by any means. I run the mile and a half in high 10s to low 11s, but I'm still working to improve that. However, you never know, with the way things are going I may be training for a long time and can give your record a shot! Haha jk
                            You will improve. Trust me.. Any question you can ask me

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              Hey Fer haven't seen you on here in a while how have you been? I think I will have to seriously reconsider my port list. This is what always keeps happening I flip between San Luis and Nogales all the time. Now you got me leaning towards Nogales and It will probably change a few more times before I finally get the call. I'm sure when it comes I'll take what I can get. Also if 8:57 is your record you killed me! I thought last summer when I was running almost everyday that 10:30 for a mile and half was good. I'm not there yet right now but 11:10 isn't bad. I'll get back there soon enough.

Edit: look at that my 500th post.
                              That's a lot of posts.. All I can recommend you is to have your choices ready when you get the call. After waiting this long you don't want to say I call you back and miss you opportunity. ;-) I been working hard you will know soon how it is. But is a really awesome job.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                                Hey, so are you like uhhh related to umm Usain Bolt by any chance? Just kidding lol
                                Lol nahhh just a 34 years old man that stay in running shape. :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7251 users online. 251 members and 7000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X