Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to start the academy back up?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
      Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to start the academy back up?
      I spoke to one of the TSU agents yesterday and they said they have no clue to when it will start up again.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

      Comment


      • Originally posted by afftont View Post
        Had my poly today, went awful. Said I had movement on a question, so failed. He's going to go to bat for me and I should know the outcome in two weeks. No matter what though, I'm done. I'm burned out on the process and don't like being accused of serious crimes...especially when I've already passed previous polygraphs. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
        My friend, I know very few people who have had a pleasant polygraph experience. They follow a script and they often tell people all that j*** just to get a rise out of you to see what happens. If you havent noticed, there is no psychological part of this pre selection process. The poly is the psychological and they work you to death during it. Im heading on to my 4th poly and I have wanted to give up after each time because it feels like a losing battle but at this point, why give up. If they call you back for a second welcome it with open arms and keep pushing.
        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/29/13
        TSU: 6/13/13
        Drug Test:6/12/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

        Comment


        • Well said bro. Most of us have taken multiple Polys in this forum. Not all, but most.
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
            I spoke to one of the TSU agents yesterday and they said they have no clue to when it will start up again.
            That sucks ...... This waiting part almost seems worse than the process part.

            Comment


            • Me reading all the comments about the poly make me wonder how I'm going to do in it. Seeing I have no criminal history never used any drugs and I'm as boring as a door knob. Don't think there will be much for me and the poly examiner to talk about.
              Last edited by Shorttie; 05-01-2013, 09:57 AM.
              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
              first choice: Florida region
              second choice: Puerto Rico
              Test-8/21/11
              NOR-3/23/12
              Test Management Application-8/16/12
              TSL-2/25/13
              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
              PFT 2-
              The Call-
              E.O.D-

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                A question to throw out there. Has anyone have any worries about the pft-2. I know the push up and sit ups are easy so is the 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes, But 220 yard dash in 50 seconds is kinda hard. That two football fields plus length. So what's your guys I insight on this part of the exam?
                I'm definitely not sweating the 220 yard dash. That's only half a lap on a track! I've been training to run a 5k, and it's comforting to know that the mile and a half is less than half that. The only part of the PFT-2 that I'm worried about is the heart rate check at the beginning. I always get nervous before tests, and it would be lame to be DQ'd because of that.
                Geo: Northwest GS-5
                CBPO Exam: 08/12
                TSL 1: 01/14/13
                Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
                Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
                VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
                Drug Test: ???
                Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
                TSL 2: 04/13
                BI: In the security office
                TSU: ???
                EOD: ???

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                  Me reading all the comments about the poly make me wonder how I'm going to do in it. Seeing I have no criminal history never used any drugs and I'm as boring as a door knob. Don't think there will be much for me and the poly examiner to talk about.
                  Dude as clean as you think u might be ... these examiners are professionals who make a living questioning everything that you have ever taken part in. I dont have anything to hide either and I was being accused of espionage .... trust me they will have more than enough to interrogate you about lol
                  CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                  Geo: Central/East
                  NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                  TSL:11/1/12
                  Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                  Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                  Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                  VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                  Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                  Met BI: 5/29/13
                  TSU: 6/13/13
                  Drug Test:6/12/13
                  PFT 2:
                  EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                    Dude as clean as you think u might be ... these examiners are professionals who make a living questioning everything that you have ever taken part in. I dont have anything to hide either and I was being accused of espionage .... trust me they will have more than enough to interrogate you about lol
                    Lol I can imagine the trick they have up there sleeves. Like I said I have nothing to hide so they can ask away.
                    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                    first choice: Florida region
                    second choice: Puerto Rico
                    Test-8/21/11
                    NOR-3/23/12
                    Test Management Application-8/16/12
                    TSL-2/25/13
                    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                    PFT 2-
                    The Call-
                    E.O.D-

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                      Dude as clean as you think u might be ... these examiners are professionals who make a living questioning everything that you have ever taken part in. I dont have anything to hide either and I was being accused of espionage .... trust me they will have more than enough to interrogate you about lol
                      Yeah, they'll find something small and unimportant that you've done and try to turn it in to something huge. Just take it for what it is.
                      Last edited by afftont; 05-01-2013, 03:28 PM.
                      CBPO:
                      Test Date: 3/26/2012
                      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                      TSL: 4/27/2012
                      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                      Poly: 4/30/2013

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
                        I'm definitely not sweating the 220 yard dash. That's only half a lap on a track! I've been training to run a 5k, and it's comforting to know that the mile and a half is less than half that. The only part of the PFT-2 that I'm worried about is the heart rate check at the beginning. I always get nervous before tests, and it would be lame to be DQ'd because of that.
                        You won't get DQ'd for BP, but they won't let you take the pft2 at that time. You will then have to get your BP taken by your Doctor for 3 consecutive days and have a med form filled out before you can reschedule, but you won't be DQ'd. .
                        Last edited by Rms16; 05-01-2013, 04:51 PM.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

                        NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                        PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                          Me reading all the comments about the poly make me wonder how I'm going to do in it. Seeing I have no criminal history never used any drugs and I'm as boring as a door knob. Don't think there will be much for me and the poly examiner to talk about.
                          I don't want to scare you or anything, but all I will say is do not take the poly lightly.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                          TSU: 3/28/13
                          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                          FLETC: 9/13/13

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                            I don't want to scare you or anything, but all I will say is do not take the poly lightly.
                            I will echo what my man pointman just stated for everyone waiting to take a poly ... do not take the poly lightly. It is easily the most used tool in weeding people out of the process. Some statistics show a 65 to 70 percent failure rate ... I dont know how true that is though.
                            CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                            Geo: Central/East
                            NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                            TSL:11/1/12
                            Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                            Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                            Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                            VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                            Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                            Met BI: 5/29/13
                            TSU: 6/13/13
                            Drug Test:6/12/13
                            PFT 2:
                            EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

                            Comment


                            • While we are on the topic, I got a letter in the mail today from IA stating that I failed my polygraph. I have no criminal history, debt/loans, and have never done any sort of illegal drugs. My examiner accused me of illegal drug use and possibly being a trafficker. Keep in mind I also have prior federal criminal investigative experience as an Intern with a large OIG. To say I am upset is an understatement. I called MHC and left them a voicemail today requesting a retest per advice from a CBP sup. I hope all this gets squared away because I am going to fight this.. I am not going to let one person provide false information about myself and my integrity and decide my fate in this process.
                              Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                                While we are on the topic, I got a letter in the mail today from IA stating that I failed my polygraph. I have no criminal history, debt/loans, and have never done any sort of illegal drugs. My examiner accused me of illegal drug use and possibly being a trafficker. Keep in mind I also have prior federal criminal investigative experience as an Intern with a large OIG. To say I am upset is an understatement. I called MHC and left them a voicemail today requesting a retest per advice from a CBP sup. I hope all this gets squared away because I am going to fight this.. I am not going to let one person provide false information about myself and my integrity and decide my fate in this process.
                                I didn't want to go too far in to this and was going to leave it alone, but I'd like to share what I "failed" for. It seemed like my examiner was pushing the ideal that I beat my girlfriend (who actually almost started crying from laughing so hard at this accusation), have sex with my two chihuahuas and into bestiality, and that I am into hardcore drugs.

                                These things couldn't be the farther from the truth. I've volunteered at shelters and have worked with animals for over 3 years, my sister has had previous drug problems and I can see how they destroy lives, and I have huge respect for females (being raised by a single mother), plus my girlfriend can beat me up.

                                Anyways, I'm done venting and am going to work on fixing the problem. Hopefully next time I post it will be good news. Only positivity from here on out, especially since I have another poly with a different agency next week.
                                Last edited by afftont; 05-01-2013, 08:07 PM.
                                CBPO:
                                Test Date: 3/26/2012
                                NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                                NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                                TSL: 4/27/2012
                                PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                                Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                                VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                                Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                                Poly: 4/30/2013

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13533 users online. 485 members and 13048 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X