300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
    Told you that you'd have nothing to worry about! Now you don't even have to wait for that green check, even though I'm sure you will be checking haha. Congrats!
    Yeah I know but it's the wait that kills you in the end. You know u pass but just waiting for that green check or a letter drives you nuts lol
    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
    first choice: Florida region
    second choice: Puerto Rico
    Test-8/21/11
    NOR-3/23/12
    Test Management Application-8/16/12
    TSL-2/25/13
    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
    PFT 2-
    The Call-
    E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
      Yeah I know but it's the wait that kills you in the end. You know u pass but just waiting for that green check or a letter drives you nuts lol
      Oh I know that feeling very well! Haha Once you get that notification is feels great though.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGTX_LONGHORN View Post
        Appreciate the info Rms16. I am going to take that advice and give them a call to ask for an update. The info does help. Thanks again!
        Every time I call IA Friday mornings, they answer me immediately. No call backs needed. Unfortunately, they have no updated information for me. If you want IA's direct #, PM me.
        CBPO
        Geo: SWB
        Written: 8/28/12
        NOR: 9/12 93%
        TSL 1+2: 9/12
        Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
        VBT + SI: 11/12
        case sent to IA: 12/27/12
        Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
        Poly: ?
        BI: ?

BPA
        Written: 3/20/13
        NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Anyone have MHC's phone number?

Its imperative I speak to them ASAP. I tried e-mailing but almost 2 weeks and no answer.

You can also PM me the number if you want.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
            Just got scheduled for my 4th poly .... what a joke.
            Look on the bright side, if you failed the first, second or third time, you would not be asked to go for a 4th. While this does not make it any easier for you to comprehend the method being the madness, think of it as having another shot. Positive Mental Attitude all the way...you got this! Best of luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
              Just got scheduled for my 4th poly .... what a joke.
              Just one step closer to you becoming a CBP officer. I'll see you at FLETC
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Had my poly today, went awful. Said I had movement on a question, so failed. He's going to go to bat for me and I should know the outcome in two weeks. No matter what though, I'm done. I'm burned out on the process and don't like being accused of serious crimes...especially when I've already passed previous polygraphs. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
                CBPO:
                Test Date: 3/26/2012
                NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                TSL: 4/27/2012
                PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
                  Had my poly today, went awful. Said I had movement on a question, so failed. He's going to go to bat for me and I should know the outcome in two weeks. No matter what though, I'm done. I'm burned out on the process and don't like being accused of serious crimes...especially when I've already passed previous polygraphs. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
                  I'm very sorry to hear that. You never know what can come out of this though. You might get invited back a second time and pass with flying colors then it's off to the academy. Don't give up yet. Again, I'm very sorry to hear about the poly experience.i know it sucks.

Comment

Had my poly today, went awful. Said I had movement on a question, so failed. He's going to go to bat for me and I should know the outcome in two weeks. No matter what though, I'm done. I'm burned out on the process and don't like being accused of serious crimes...especially when I've already passed previous polygraphs. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
                    I'm sorry to hear that Afftont. Don't throw in the towel yet. QC could come back and say your good to go. The agent that gave you the poly could have been telling you that you have movement just to get a reaction. You don't really know until QC reviews it. Don't let this opportunity go just yet.
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                      I'm very sorry to hear that. You never know what can come out of this though. You might get invited back a second time and pass with flying colors then it's off to the academy. Don't give up yet. Again, I'm very sorry to hear about the poly experience.i know it sucks.
                      Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      I'm sorry to hear that Afftont. Don't throw in the towel yet. QC could come back and say your good to go. The agent that gave you the poly could have been telling you that you have movement just to get a reaction. You don't really know until QC reviews it. Don't let this opportunity go just yet.
                      I'm just bitter. I know this is a career worth fighting for, but I also think they should be fighting to get me. I would like to believe I'm a decent person and I know all my previous employers will say great things about me. They would have to search far and wide to even find someone who might say something somewhat negative of me, yet they are going to rely on 6 hours of talking to me and strapping me to a machine to assume I've done horrible things.

Really wish there would be more emphasis on doing background work and talking to references then there is on a machine that may or may not be reliable. We'll see what happens.
                      CBPO:
                      Test Date: 3/26/2012
                      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                      TSL: 4/27/2012
                      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                      Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

You can't give up now! I am really sorry about this and I feel for you. I know you're burnt out, but this is when it counts the most...push through that wall and don't rule yourself out until they rule you out! At least the examiner is willing to bat for you...whatever that means, it sounds like a decent deal to me. Anyone in a position of authority batting for us during this process is a good thing. Just believe and please don't give up.

Comment

I'm just bitter. I know this is a career worth fighting for, but I also think they should be fighting to get me. I would like to believe I'm a decent person and I know all my previous employers will say great things about me. They would have to search far and wide to even find someone who might say something somewhat negative of me, yet they are going to rely on 6 hours of talking to me and strapping me to a machine to assume I've done horrible things.

Really wish there would be more emphasis on doing background work and talking to references then there is on a machine that may or may not be reliable. We'll see what happens.
                          I understand your frustration, I've been waiting for two years for my background to clear. This process could be very frustrating, just hold on it's definitely worth it. I'm sure that next thing you know QC clears it and your moving forward.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Understandable, but at the end of the day, WE have to fight for what we want. Nobody said it would be easy...nobody said it would be this tedious either! A lot of us are in TSU right now and I don't know about anyone else, but I will speak for myself. It's me against my own will every day I wake up thinking about how much more I can endure until I get that call. There is no doubt in my mind that I want this job and I gues I have to pay my dues...I get that.

Also, if they didn't think you were suitable, they wouldn't spend money to pursue you. These things cost a lot...the medical, the fitness tests, the polygraph, etc. It is an investment on both party's behalf. It's okay if you're upset right now. Just dont' give up. When you wake up tomorrow, resolve to stay strong and think positive. It will work out.

By the way, in addition to the polygraph, an investigator does a physical background check, so there is a huge emphasis on that as well. You will see.

Comment

• A question to throw out there. Has anyone have any worries about the pft-2. I know the push up and sit ups are easy so is the 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes, But 220 yard dash in 50 seconds is kinda hard. That two football fields plus length. So what's your guys I insight on this part of the exam?
                              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                              first choice: Florida region
                              second choice: Puerto Rico
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              Test Management Application-8/16/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                                A question to throw out there. Has anyone have any worries about the pft-2. I know the push up and sit ups are easy so is the 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes, But 220 yard dash in 50 seconds is kinda hard. That two football fields plus length. So what's your guys I insight on this part of the exam?
                                1.5 mile run is 17 mins 15 secs. Not 15 mins, though i train to keep my 1.5 under 13 mins just to be safe. 220 yd should be easy. They're giving almost a minute to run it so you should be good. I mean, I haven't heard of anybody on this forum fail the 220 yd dash.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10901 users online. 381 members and 10520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X