Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by edsonger5 View Post
    Hi Guys new to the thread! Great info thank you. I will be applying to the next announcement whenever that is. Just one question. When I was 16-18 yrs old I smoked MJ occasionally. I am now 26 and very responsible with a great career. Will that be a big factor not to get hired?
    Not sure with CBP, but I know that even the FBI are now taking applicants even if they used MJ. It all depends on how much time has passed since your last time. If it was last year sorry they won't over look that, but if there has been enough time they may. Now with the fact that it's no longer illegal to use in some states that might change some things. With your timeframe it sounds like it might be ok, but it also matters how many times you used from 16-18. Just don't lie on any applications disclose everything. Nothing I just said is exact it's only what I've heard on here so take it with a grain of salt.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

    NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

    PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

    Comment


    • Originally posted by edsonger5 View Post
      Hi Guys new to the thread! Great info thank you. I will be applying to the next announcement whenever that is. Just one question. When I was 16-18 yrs old I smoked MJ occasionally. I am now 26 and very responsible with a great career. Will that be a big factor not to get hired?
      I know they will not dismiss you just because of MJ or even other drugs. They will take into account many other factors, such as time since last use, other involvement associated with drug use like buying/selling and/or transporting etc. I had used a lot when a teenager around the same timeframe you gave. I spent a decade in the military since I used as a teenager. Not sure in your case how long is long enough for their peace of mind.
      CBPO Timeline
      Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
      TSL: 09/12/12
      Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
      TSU: 4/22/13
      PFT 2: 10/8/13
      EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
      FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
      BPA Timeline
      Test: 03/16/13
      NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
      GEO Pref: South Texas
      TSL1: 06/21/13
      PFT1:
      Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
      Med: 3/2013
      Interview: 9/26/13
      EQUIP: 9/24/2012
      BI Investigator: 4/2/13
      Poly: 3/19/13
      Drug Screen: 4/19/13

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        Shorttie if you are asking if you will still get green check in other areas while waiting for your medical situation to work out the answer is yes. Each area works independently of each other. A slow down in medical shouldn't slow down getting a green check for SI. I forget have you taken the VBT? Bc you need to get through the VBT and SI to get that green check.
        Rms16 I took them both at the same time was in the VBT for 30 min and then was ask to sit down. I read a few books they had around detail things cbp and ba have done recently. 35 min later I was asked to do my S.I. Answered some questions was told good luck given a paper detailing the pft-2 and was let go. The officer walk me out and told me good job on everything and good luck. That's all I know lol
        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
        first choice: Florida region
        second choice: Puerto Rico
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        Test Management Application-8/16/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
          Rms16 I took them both at the same time was in the VBT for 30 min and then was ask to sit down. I read a few books they had around detail things cbp and ba have done recently. 35 min later I was asked to do my S.I. Answered some questions was told good luck given a paper detailing the pft-2 and was let go. The officer walk me out and told me good job on everything and good luck. That's all I know lol
          I don't remember getting a paper detailing the pft2, could be that it's been so long that I've forgotten. Which is definitely a possibility haha. Anyways then you have nothing to worry about you will get a green check soon enough. Like I said each division works independently of each other so the medical won't effect the speed of rest of the process.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

          NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

          PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

          Comment


          • OK female. Awesome. Are you in Tsu? If so I'll see you there. I've never been excited about Mondays but now they mean a new set of 5 days that we can get the call.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
              OK female. Awesome. Are you in Tsu? If so I'll see you there. I've never been excited about Mondays but now they mean a new set of 5 days that we can get the call.
              Yes I am in TSU. I have been since January 24. I got the call back in Feburary wanting me to leave on March 22nd, but I graduate May 11th so that couldn't exactly happen. I went on the deferment list, but am now off of it and patiently waiting. Lol I now have an entire new outlook of life because of this process. I get more excited for weekdays than I do weekends, in hopes of somebody posting on this forum that they got the call again. Oh well, everything will happen in time and when it's supposed to I suppose. It still makes me sick that I couldn't make that last class before the sequester because of school. Lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
                Yes I am in TSU. I have been since January 24. I got the call back in Feburary wanting me to leave on March 22nd, but I graduate May 11th so that couldn't exactly happen. I went on the deferment list, but am now off of it and patiently waiting. Lol I now have an entire new outlook of life because of this process. I get more excited for weekdays than I do weekends, in hopes of somebody posting on this forum that they got the call again. Oh well, everything will happen in time and when it's supposed to I suppose. It still makes me sick that I couldn't make that last class before the sequester because of school. Lol

                That sucks. What region did you choose? Im hoping they will be calling us soon. Getting the call and then having it pulled back sucked big ones. I am already a Fed and now at work I have to answer the question everyday "when are you leaving" especially since I have already put in the 2 week notice and now my name is just floating on the outbound board with the big TBD next to it. Well looks like I will probably be seeing you in dallas (grapevine is the actual location) ... Hopefully before July..

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                  That sucks. What region did you choose? Im hoping they will be calling us soon. Getting the call and then having it pulled back sucked big ones. I am already a Fed and now at work I have to answer the question everyday "when are you leaving" especially since I have already put in the 2 week notice and now my name is just floating on the outbound board with the big TBD next to it. Well looks like I will probably be seeing you in dallas (grapevine is the actual location) ... Hopefully before July..
                  My location is the SWB. I feel so bad for everybody that got offered and then they pulled it back. That's tough. But I understand everybody asking you when you're leaving. Everybody at my job knows I'm leaving eventually, but nobody knows when, so they all feel the need to ask me every day when I am leaving. Lol it gets old and I don't really have an answer for them, but I am hoping it is by July too.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                    TX,

                    Now Im just going on what Ive seen here, but a 4 month window without any news usually means its a pass. No body here has gotten any sort of call or notification outside of CASS that says you passed your poly, and many times you will hear from your Investigator before you see any change in CASS. This really is a big waiting game sometimes.

                    Try calling the regular MHC number, or the BI numbers given in the candidate newsletter(which is found at the bottom of the page when you log onto CASS, or by clicking the large banner at the bottom. The numbers are at the bottom of the newsletter. I would give you IA's specific number if I had it.
                    Thanks for the info. I will definitely be calling the numbers you mentioned this week.
                    Geo: SWB
                    Written Test: 4/24/12
                    NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
                    TSL1: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/22/12
                    PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
                    Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
                    VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
                    Poly 1: 11/2/12
                    Poly 2: 1/25/12
                    Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
                    Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
                    B.I.: In security office
                    Drug Test: Pending

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                      I agree with Payneil. That's most likely good news. It took about 4 months for MHC to officially say that I "Passed". You should try calling the agent that called you initially to set up your poly. They might have some updated info on your poly. Good luck Tex
                      I do hope it is good news. It's also good to know someone else waited that long. I am going to send an email to the agent that interviewed me and ask him that. Thanks.
                      Geo: SWB
                      Written Test: 4/24/12
                      NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
                      TSL1: 6/12/12
                      TSL2: 6/22/12
                      PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
                      Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
                      VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
                      Poly 1: 11/2/12
                      Poly 2: 1/25/12
                      Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
                      Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
                      B.I.: In security office
                      Drug Test: Pending

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Stoneface you are correct kind of, BigTX if you call on Friday morning they get back to you that day...usually. I have not had that quick of a response any other day. Mondays they hardly ever respond. Any other day they usually get back to you with in two business days. If they don't then call again. With your situation I would most definitely call and just ask for an update. It's what the line is for. Hope this helps
                        Appreciate the info Rms16. I am going to take that advice and give them a call to ask for an update. The info does help. Thanks again!
                        Geo: SWB
                        Written Test: 4/24/12
                        NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
                        TSL1: 6/12/12
                        TSL2: 6/22/12
                        PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
                        Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
                        VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
                        Poly 1: 11/2/12
                        Poly 2: 1/25/12
                        Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
                        Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
                        B.I.: In security office
                        Drug Test: Pending

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                          Someone give me a quick catch up... I haven't been on here in months. Did they cancel classes? Are they still pushing classes through? Did they withdraw offers when the furlough crisis came about? I've been out of the loop, I apologize!

                          And for the record, almost every port needs Officers! Hopefully one day there will be another mass hiring push. One Officer was hired here at my POE in the last 4 years. I transfered in and the port I came from... I was the first Officer in 3 1/2 years. It's ridiculous.

                          Best of luck to you applicants. Keep the faith and keep PT-ing.
                          DHS's 2014 budget proposal released a couple weeks ago had 3500 additional CBPOs pencilled in for new hires.

                          If it comes to fruition, I imagine we'll see further drastic cuts to overtime. Time will tell.

                          Comment


                          • Just got scheduled for my 4th poly .... what a joke.
                            CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                            Geo: Central/East
                            NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                            TSL:11/1/12
                            Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                            Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                            Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                            VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                            Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                            Met BI: 5/29/13
                            TSU: 6/13/13
                            Drug Test:6/12/13
                            PFT 2:
                            EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

                            Comment


                            • There comes a time in ones life when he has to take what is given to him and make the best out of it. When a man has to make a decision on what to do with the next step of his career but fortunate for me I knw what I want and where I want to go so for all you believers out there that believe in me I PASS the S.I. And the VBT just got my notice today!!! FLETC here I come only a few feet away from your door step. Lol I know I sound dramatic just wanted to poke some fun lol
                              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                              first choice: Florida region
                              second choice: Puerto Rico
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              Test Management Application-8/16/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                                There comes a time in ones life when he has to take what is given to him and make the best out of it. When a man has to make a decision on what to do with the next step of his career but fortunate for me I knw what I want and where I want to go so for all you believers out there that believe in me I PASS the S.I. And the VBT just got my notice today!!! FLETC here I come only a few feet away from your door step. Lol I know I sound dramatic just wanted to poke some fun lol
                                Told you that you'd have nothing to worry about! Now you don't even have to wait for that green check, even though I'm sure you will be checking haha. Congrats!
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

                                NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                                PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10542 users online. 392 members and 10150 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X