Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
    Another long and hard weekend waiting to see cass change on my S.I from pending to complete. I'm wondering since I'm going through this hick-up as you guys know, will MHC still put up the results or will they waiton my hick-up to clear and then put up the results.
    The way I see it, we just got through another week...it can only get better from here because we are inching closer and closer, not further away. You can always shoot MHC an email. When the green check on my "pre-employment forms" appeared and then disappeared, I emailed MHC to ask what was missing so that I can quickly expedite what they needed. I was told nothing was missing!!! I checked CASS later on that day and there was my pretty little green check.

    While I never advocate pestering MHC or IA, as Rms stated in not so many words, these contacts have been set up to help address legitimate questions and/or concerns.

    Anyway, don't worry, try to enjoy the gorgeous day...it will work out.

    Comment


    • I know I'm not the only one ready for FLETC, am I?
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

      Comment


      • Someone give me a quick catch up... I haven't been on here in months. Did they cancel classes? Are they still pushing classes through? Did they withdraw offers when the furlough crisis came about? I've been out of the loop, I apologize!

        And for the record, almost every port needs Officers! Hopefully one day there will be another mass hiring push. One Officer was hired here at my POE in the last 4 years. I transfered in and the port I came from... I was the first Officer in 3 1/2 years. It's ridiculous.

        Best of luck to you applicants. Keep the faith and keep PT-ing.

        Comment


        • Hiring stopped at sequester...started again with funding passage...and has stopped again with the cancellation of the class they were calling for, resulting in the withdrawal of offers made(for what reason, no one can put a finger on exactly).

          And Pointman, definitely ready for FLETC, pting just about 5-6 days a week now, and have my 220yd dash down to about 34 seconds.
          CBPO:
          Test- 05/12
          NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
          TSL1/2-08/12
          PFT1/Med-09/12
          VBT/SI-10/12
          Poly-11/12
          BI-12/12
          TSU-01/24/13
          1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

          OCSO:
          Applied- 06/12
          PFT-07/12
          CJBAT- 12/12
          Panel Interview- 01/13
          BI- in process

          FBI
          Phase two: probably never

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
            I know I'm not the only one ready for FLETC, am I?
            Negative. M

            akes two of us...umm 3, payniel might sprint to FLETC in zero to 5 minutes lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
              Someone give me a quick catch up... I haven't been on here in months. Did they cancel classes? Are they still pushing classes through? Did they withdraw offers when the furlough crisis came about? I've been out of the loop, I apologize!

              And for the record, almost every port needs Officers! Hopefully one day there will be another mass hiring push. One Officer was hired here at my POE in the last 4 years. I transfered in and the port I came from... I was the first Officer in 3 1/2 years. It's ridiculous.

              Best of luck to you applicants. Keep the faith and keep PT-ing.
              Many thanks! Much appreciated.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                Negative. M

                akes two of us...umm 3, payniel might sprint to FLETC in zero to 5 minutes lol
                Make that 4! I am ready, just working on improving times. This old lady just ran the 220 for the first time the other day and did it in 40 sec. Once I recover and can move again I will do it again.
                CBPO Timeline
                Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                TSL: 09/12/12
                Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                TSU: 4/22/13
                PFT 2: 10/8/13
                EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                BPA Timeline
                Test: 03/16/13
                NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                GEO Pref: South Texas
                TSL1: 06/21/13
                PFT1:
                Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                Med: 3/2013
                Interview: 9/26/13
                EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                Poly: 3/19/13
                Drug Screen: 4/19/13

                Comment


                • Well the pft2 is pretty easy. Most of us could speed walk the 1 1/2 mile in 17 min. The push ups and sit up requirements are extremely low. Any of you guys taking it in Dallas when we get the call again?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                    Well the pft2 is pretty easy. Most of us could speed walk the 1 1/2 mile in 17 min. The push ups and sit up requirements are extremely low. Any of you guys taking it in Dallas when we get the call again?
                    I will be taking my PFT2 in Dallas also! Can't wait for that day.

                    Comment


                    • Hi Guys new to the thread! Great info thank you. I will be applying to the next announcement whenever that is.
                      Last edited by edsonger5; 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM. Reason: new to the forum

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                        Well the pft2 is pretty easy. Most of us could speed walk the 1 1/2 mile in 17 min. The push ups and sit up requirements are extremely low. Any of you guys taking it in Dallas when we get the call again?
                        Agreed...pft for cp is seriously easy, and 34 seconds for 220 isnt all that wonderful. It is definitely passing but i could do better and was better a few months ago but then i stopped doing sprints for a while.

                        And i will be taking the pft is miami when and if i accept an offer.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13
                        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                        OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

                        FBI
                        Phase two: probably never

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                          Agreed...pft for cp is seriously easy, and 34 seconds for 220 isnt all that wonderful. It is definitely passing but i could do better and was better a few months ago but then i stopped doing sprints for a while.

                          And i will be taking the pft is miami when and if i accept an offer.
                          I'll be taking mine in Miami too!!! It's actually in Fort Lauderdale. Not sure why CBP says Miami. They do the PFT2 at a park.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                          TSU: 3/28/13
                          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                          FLETC: 9/13/13

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                            Close, but no cigar lol. Yes, I agree it would help settle TX's nerves...we've all been there! I wish sometimes they would knock on the glass window and ask if we need anything...a cup of tea...a blanket...A JOB??!?! Okay, I will now commence dismounting from my soap box.
                            Don't worry we've all been on that soap box. I would be more then happy to respond with a yes if they asked if we needed a job haha. Right now if they knocked on that glass to just tell me I'm all green I'd be ecstatic!
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

                            NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                            PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                              Another long and hard weekend waiting to see cass change on my S.I from pending to complete. I'm wondering since I'm going through this hick-up as you guys know, will MHC still put up the results or will they waiton my hick-up to clear and then put up the results.
                              Shorttie if you are asking if you will still get green check in other areas while waiting for your medical situation to work out the answer is yes. Each area works independently of each other. A slow down in medical shouldn't slow down getting a green check for SI. I forget have you taken the VBT? Bc you need to get through the VBT and SI to get that green check.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

                              NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                              PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by edsonger5 View Post
                                Hi Guys new to the thread! Great info thank you. I will be applying to the next announcement whenever that is. Just one question. When I was 16-18 yrs old I smoked MJ occasionally. I am now 26 and very responsible with a great career. Will that be a big factor not to get hired?
                                Hey, so listen...I'm no expert on this hiring process, but that whole 7-year time frame they ask about on the SF-86 form becomes irrelevant when you take the polygraph. They ask about your entire existence. So if someone had fun times with Mary and Jane or both when they were 11 years old, you are expected to tell the examiner about waaaay back then. I'm only saying this because a lot of people out there (not saying you) breathe a sigh of relief thinking they are inside the 7-year safe zone only to find out otherwise. If you've got a great career, my advise is to think carefully and choose wisely. It never hurts to...strike that...it will hurt training for those fitness tests lol. If working for CBP is your dream, then I don't know. Give it a go and see what happens. Best of luck to you.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11462 users online. 396 members and 11066 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X