300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    I'm beginning to believe that CBP is like an airline - They can be as late as they want and take they're time, but you better be ready when they're ready, lol. Just a but of laughter for the day, lol.
    And they just cancelled a couple of flights (classes)! Sorry...just had to throw that in there, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
      Another day waiting for that 952 area code to call....
      I stare at my mobile with one eye hoping every time it rings it will be MHC while staring at this forum with the other eye hoping someone will post they just got the boarding call.

CAUTION: The moving walk-way is ending...

(Sorry, Pointman, you started this lol)

Comment

• Hey all,

So, just received an email from MHC. I had asked what the status on my BI was. I am curious because I took my 2nd poly at the end of January. I have not heard back from my investigator or received a NOPA. In the email they told me that MHC hasn't received a resolution to my polygraph and that once IA clears me, then CASS will update. Until then, the don't know anything.

Any of you guys have any suggestions or advice. Should I contact IA? Should I just wait? Should I be worried?

Thanks.
        Geo: SWB
        Written Test: 4/24/12
        NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
        TSL1: 6/12/12
        TSL2: 6/22/12
        PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
        Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
        VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
        Poly 1: 11/2/12
        Poly 2: 1/25/12
        Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
        Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
        B.I.: In security office
        Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGTX_LONGHORN View Post
          Hey all,

So, just received an email from MHC. I had asked what the status on my BI was. I am curious because I took my 2nd poly at the end of January. I have not heard back from my investigator or received a NOPA. In the email they told me that MHC hasn't received a resolution to my polygraph and that once IA clears me, then CASS will update. Until then, the don't know anything.

Any of you guys have any suggestions or advice. Should I contact IA? Should I just wait? Should I be worried?

Thanks.
          I think you've waited long enough, no? At the risk of prying too much or having you divulge personal information, here are a few things for you to think about: Were there issues with your results, i.e., were you interrogated about specific question(s)/answer(s)? Do you have any reasonable belief that there could have been a few discrepencies when you tested? Maybe any of these, or not, can be related to what is potentially "holding" up your results. I'm not saying it's the case, just something to think about.

When I took my polygraph I was advised by the Agent that QA has to review/clear my results and they were running a week behind schedule (at that location). It's been 4 months in your case and I can't imagine your testing location is backed up like a clogged drain to this date, so I would call if I were you.

Unfortunately, I haven't reached the "minimum post" requirements on this forum to PM anyone otherwise I would send you the number for IA... if you don't already have it or maybe someone else can assist with that. Also, I had read a while back (posted by Rms16 if I recall correctly and I apologize in advance is that is not true) that calling on Fridays might get you a live person at IA. Of course, this is not set in stone nor does it help your plight any that today is Friday and waiting another week it just the pits. I wish everyone had the same experience as I did when I took my polygraph, but alas it does not work like that.

Try not to worry about it. Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
            I think you've waited long enough, no? At the risk of prying too much or having you divulge personal information, here are a few things for you to think about: Were there issues with your results, i.e., were you interrogated about specific question(s)/answer(s)? Do you have any reasonable belief that there could have been a few discrepencies when you tested? Maybe any of these, or not, can be related to what is potentially "holding" up your results. I'm not saying it's the case, just something to think about.

When I took my polygraph I was advised by the Agent that QA has to review/clear my results and they were running a week behind schedule (at that location). It's been 4 months in your case and I can't imagine your testing location is backed up like a clogged drain to this date, so I would call if I were you.

Unfortunately, I haven't reached the "minimum post" requirements on this forum to PM anyone otherwise I would send you the number for IA... if you don't already have it or maybe someone else can assist with that. Also, I had read a while back (posted by Rms16 if I recall correctly and I apologize in advance is that is not true) that calling on Fridays might get you a live person at IA. Of course, this is not set in stone nor does it help your plight any that today is Friday and waiting another week it just the pits. I wish everyone had the same experience as I did when I took my polygraph, but alas it does not work like that.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the number for IA handy, so if anyone has that, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

Well, the first time I took the polygraph, like I mentioned before, was grueling. The investigator told me I was "responding" positively to the same question over and over. However, I have never done anything like that or would think of doing anything along those lines, so yea. I was informed that I would have a second polygraph, and I heard back in literally a month.

My second polygraph was a lot shorter. However, again I "responded" to a particular question multiple times. Again, it was something I have never done or would never do. Both the things I "responded" to are topics and ideas that had never entered my mind before these examinations.

At the end of the examination, the investigator did inform me that QA would have the final say. Afterwards the investigator spoke candidly to me off the record about the job, and asked if I had any questions. We spoke for a bit, and I got the impression from them that I did well. Needless to say, I had a feeling I didn't fail. Now, with this long wait, I am beginning to have my doubts...

As soon as someone is kind enough to send me the number that is able to, I will definitely give them a call. It's hard not to worry towards something like this when you have invested literally thousands of dollars, vacation, and personal time in the application process.

Personally, I see the reason for polygraphs, I just don't think they should be taken as seriously as they are. It is a psuedo-science in my opinion and complete bs. Again, my opinion. Pathological liars and the like have no problems passing these for the most part, and many individuals who are being honest, do "fail". That is a fact. Anyway, it is another hoop we ALL have to jump through. I am glad yours went well. And again, to those of you whose examinations didn't go smoothly or you failed, you aren't the only one. I guess we can take some small solace in that.

I appreciate the time StoneFace. Thanks.
            Last edited by BIGTX_LONGHORN; 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM.
            Geo: SWB
            Written Test: 4/24/12
            NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
            TSL1: 6/12/12
            TSL2: 6/22/12
            PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
            Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
            VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
            Poly 1: 11/2/12
            Poly 2: 1/25/12
            Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
            Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
            B.I.: In security office
            Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• TX,

Now Im just going on what Ive seen here, but a 4 month window without any news usually means its a pass. No body here has gotten any sort of call or notification outside of CASS that says you passed your poly, and many times you will hear from your Investigator before you see any change in CASS. This really is a big waiting game sometimes.

Try calling the regular MHC number, or the BI numbers given in the candidate newsletter(which is found at the bottom of the page when you log onto CASS, or by clicking the large banner at the bottom. The numbers are at the bottom of the newsletter. I would give you IA's specific number if I had it.
              CBPO:
              Test- 05/12
              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
              TSL1/2-08/12
              PFT1/Med-09/12
              VBT/SI-10/12
              Poly-11/12
              BI-12/12
              TSU-01/24/13
              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
              Applied- 06/12
              PFT-07/12
              CJBAT- 12/12
              Panel Interview- 01/13
              BI- in process

FBI
              Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I agree with Payneil. That's most likely good news. It took about 4 months for MHC to officially say that I "Passed". You should try calling the agent that called you initially to set up your poly. They might have some updated info on your poly. Good luck Tex
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGTX_LONGHORN View Post
                  Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the number for IA handy, so if anyone has that, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

Well, the first time I took the polygraph, like I mentioned before, was grueling. The investigator told me I was "responding" positively to the same question over and over. However, I have never done anything like that or would think of doing anything along those lines, so yea. I was informed that I would have a second polygraph, and I heard back in literally a month.

My second polygraph was a lot shorter. However, again I "responded" to a particular question multiple times. Again, it was something I have never done or would never do. Both the things I "responded" to are topics and ideas that had never entered my mind before these examinations.

At the end of the examination, the investigator did inform me that QA would have the final say. Afterwards the investigator spoke candidly to me off the record about the job, and asked if I had any questions. We spoke for a bit, and I got the impression from them that I did well. Needless to say, I had a feeling I didn't fail. Now, with this long wait, I am beginning to have my doubts...

As soon as someone is kind enough to send me the number that is able to, I will definitely give them a call. It's hard not to worry towards something like this when you have invested literally thousands of dollars, vacation, and personal time in the application process.

Personally, I see the reason for polygraphs, I just don't think they should be taken as seriously as they are. It is a psuedo-science in my opinion and complete bs. Again, my opinion. Pathological liars and the like have no problems passing these for the most part, and many individuals who are being honest, do "fail". That is a fact. Anyway, it is another hoop we ALL have to jump through. I am glad yours went well. And again, to those of you whose examinations didn't go smoothly or you failed, you aren't the only one. I guess we can take some small solace in that.

I appreciate the time StoneFace. Thanks.
                  You are very welcome.

If it is any consolation to you, from what I've read on here and on other forums, a lot of people have left their polygraph exams feeling like Public Enemy #1 or like a death-row convict after being interrogated for numerous hours by examiners who are seemingly annoyed. If your examiner was candid with you afterwards, I think it's a good sign. Perhaps during the exam he/she used tactics to throw you off a little bit? Who knows.

A lot of people have suffered during the polygraph phase. If I told you what was my "suffering" was, you would have a good laugh and it is bloody embarrassing. Anyway, we all have one or two tough hurdles along the way...just remember, if it were easy, then it wouldn't be worth it, right?

I might be eligible to PM after this post. There is a 15 post minimum requirement. I can send you the IA number if you would still like it.

P.S. Sorry about the typos before...my fingers sp***ed out lol

Comment

• A word of advice...if you guys haven't done so already, apply to Border Patrol too. Even if you want the CBPO gig more, going through both processes at the same time will speed the entire process. For example, you may already be in the CBPO process...if you apply to BPA, certain MHC personnel that focus mainly on the BPA process may see your name in the BPA process, and in turn give you a call to do your Medical or Background (which will in turn, by default, transfer over to your CBPO process.) Food for thought brothas, good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                      thats a big reason why I picked Progreso
                      Pointman, I had to throw you a bone brother. hahahahaha.

Comment

Stoneface you are correct kind of, BigTX if you call on Friday morning they get back to you that day...usually. I have not had that quick of a response any other day. Mondays they hardly ever respond. Any other day they usually get back to you with in two business days. If they don't then call again. With your situation I would most definitely call and just ask for an update. It's what the line is for. Hope this helps
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          Stoneface you are correct kind of, BigTX if you call on Friday morning they get back to you that day...usually. I have not had that quick of a response any other day. Mondays they hardly ever respond. Any other day they usually get back to you with in two business days. If they don't then call again. With your situation I would most definitely call and just ask for an update. It's what the line is for. Hope this helps
                          Thanks for the clarification, Rms. Good response...it never hurts to know these things.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Rms. Good response...it never hurts to know these things.
                            No problem you were close enough anyway. Haha you're definitely right it never hurts and it will probably be very good for his nerves if he just had some info haha. Waiting is the name of the game...I've learned that all you can do is find a comfortable spot in this perpetual waiting room we are in sit back and wait for your number to be called. Although it doesn't hurt to get up and knock every now and then on the glass window and ask for an update.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Another long and hard weekend waiting to see cass change on my S.I from pending to complete. I'm wondering since I'm going through this hick-up as you guys know, will MHC still put up the results or will they waiton my hick-up to clear and then put up the results.
                              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                              first choice: Florida region
                              second choice: Puerto Rico
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              Test Management Application-8/16/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                                No problem you were close enough anyway. Haha you're definitely right it never hurts and it will probably be very good for his nerves if he just had some info haha. Waiting is the name of the game...I've learned that all you can do is find a comfortable spot in this perpetual waiting room we are in sit back and wait for your number to be called. Although it doesn't hurt to get up and knock every now and then on the glass window and ask for an update.
                                Close, but no cigar lol. Yes, I agree it would help settle TX's nerves...we've all been there! I wish sometimes they would knock on the glass window and ask if we need anything...a cup of tea...a blanket...A JOB??!?! Okay, I will now commence dismounting from my soap box.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8523 users online. 326 members and 8197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X