300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
    Thank you Pointman8, Payniel, Rms16 and StoneFace for the info give me a positive vote of confidence. Heading tomorrow morning to do my visual check up and after that heading to my doctor to start the process on the rest. Hopefully I can get it done before the do date which is not to far from now.

My question is has anyone gone through this and how long it took them medical to give a response? Also is this a common issue that occurs? Last question do you think it is a easy fix or am I in for the long ride?
    You're welcome. Good luck today. Don't sweat it the dates. One thing I have learnt from this process, MHC and CHS are accomodating. If you request an extension and give a valid explanation, they often work with you. Give them ample heads-up and concentrate on anything you've got to take care of.

Unfortunately, I am not able to advise how long it takes. In my experience, the Doctor did not have the proper machine to perform the visual acuity test or field test, so I was given the color blind test and left on my own. The Doctor was really irritated as well (probably long day), she couldn't believe the amount of paper work they sent for completion and I kept apologizing. They wanted her to measure my waistline and she thought it was ridiculous. Haha. Anyway, this is why I can't stress enough to call CHS when something isn't done properly. The sooner they become aware of it, they faster they will reschedule exams at another location. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the Doctor's office completing/submitting the report and someone at MHC reviewing your report.

I think it will be okay though. Stay positive, you got this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
      This process is crazy. It kind of has me worried that the SW border wasn't on that list. I also saw on the Delphi forum that a guy (already CBPO) received an e-mailed notifing him that he's eligible for a voluntary reassignment. Maybe this is being done to help open up spots on the SWB? Who knows. However, in the back of my head it is hard to believe that the SWB is full especially with all of this hiring that I keep hearing is supposed to happen. The only thing I do know for sure is that this process is a roller coaster and it is super hard to be patient. Good luck to everybody!
      Thank you and same to you!

Comment

• Thank you for the info and advice guys it was much appreciated. Heads up on my visual and medical. Took the visual test today and scored way above what the tester at the pft-1 scored me so I'm happy with the results. Plus I learn my visual has gotten a little weaker but nothing to serious. Taking my medical Wednesday may 1,2013. Lets see what happens.
        Last edited by Shorttie; 04-24-2013, 03:59 PM.
        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
        first choice: Florida region
        second choice: Puerto Rico
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        Test Management Application-8/16/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

Comment

• I got the call on a Friday so i am not sure there is a pattern. I don't think they can rescind the Locations we selected so the VRA may not have much affect on those of us who have gotten the call but it may affect some of the options of those who are right on the cusp of being called.

Comment

Thank you for the info and advice guys it was much appreciated. Heads up on my visual and medical. Took the visual test today and scored way above what the tester at the pft-1 scored me so I'm happy with the results. Plus I learn my visual has gotten a little weaker but nothing to serious. Taking my medical Wednesday may 1,2013. Lets see what happens.
            Awesome job! Best of luck next week. I'll be crossing my fingers for normal EKG results. It will be at your primary care Physican's office, yes?

Comment

Thank you for the info and advice guys it was much appreciated. Heads up on my visual and medical. Took the visual test today and scored way above what the tester at the pft-1 scored me so I'm happy with the results. Plus I learn my visual has gotten a little weaker but nothing to serious. Taking my medical Wednesday may 1,2013. Lets see what happens.
              I knew it! It was just a hiccup! Nothing more, nothing less, lol.
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• If any of you are following CBP or FLETC on twitter, don't do it, lol. Just joking, but, They've been talking about FLETC all week and showing pictures of FLETC. It's torture to read the info they post and see the pics they put on there, lol.
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                  If any of you are following CBP or FLETC on twitter, don't do it, lol. Just joking, but, They've been talking about FLETC all week and showing pictures of FLETC. It's torture to read the info they post and see the pics they put on there, lol.
                  Lol I stop fallowing. Just make me more anxious about getting the process over with.

FYI was informed by my mother that cbp is going hard core with the hiring process. Eventhough they are taking there sweet time with sending outs info. There is going to be a major hiring pool. Just Puerto Rico alone is going to need about 100 new cbp officers. Now imagine all the other locations.
                  Test-8/21/11
                  NOR-3/23/12
                  TSL-2/25/13
                  PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                  V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                  S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                  Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                  PFT 2-
                  The Call-
                  E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                    Awesome job! Best of luck next week. I'll be crossing my fingers for normal EKG results. It will be at your primary care Physican's office, yes?
                    Yes I have a private doctor that Im going to. Been the same doctor for my family for over 10 years. So I know I'll feel calm and comfortable with him no stress or worries. Cbp here I come hard core and full force!!! you will see lol
                    Test-8/21/11
                    NOR-3/23/12
                    TSL-2/25/13
                    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                    PFT 2-
                    The Call-
                    E.O.D-

Comment

Yes I have a private doctor that Im going to. Been the same doctor for my family for over 10 years. So I know I'll feel calm and comfortable with him no stress or worries. Cbp here I come hard core and full force!!! you will see lol
                      That's what I recall you saying. Cool, the comfort factor will certainly be in your favor. Love the "I'm about to shut it down" attitude! Rock on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                        If any of you are following CBP or FLETC on twitter, don't do it, lol. Just joking, but, They've been talking about FLETC all week and showing pictures of FLETC. It's torture to read the info they post and see the pics they put on there, lol.
                        I don't have twitter or facebook...makes me a boring human I guess lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                          That's what I recall you saying. Cool, the comfort factor will certainly be in your favor. Love the "I'm about to shut it down" attitude! Rock on!
                          Trust me when I say I'm going to see you guys at FLETC. There is nothing going to stop me completing my goal and joining my mother at cbp!
                          Test-8/21/11
                          NOR-3/23/12
                          TSL-2/25/13
                          PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                          V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                          S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                          Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                          PFT 2-
                          The Call-
                          E.O.D-

Comment

Trust me when I say I'm going to see you guys at FLETC. There is nothing going to stop me completing my goal and joining my mother at cbp!
                            That's the right attitude, will it to happen and it will. Nothing is going to stop me, I worked to hard and waited to long to be denied now. Just keep pushing through, the reward at the end is well worth it!
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• A pipe dream probably, but with the new big surge that is supposed to take place in hiring... is there any chance at all that people who applied to the SW Region could be offered an inland port like DFW?
                              NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                              TSL1: 8/14/2012
                              TSL2: 8/16/2012
                              PFT1: 9/17/2012
                              Poly: 11/14/2012
                              Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                              BI: cleared 12/2012
                              Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                              TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                              EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Hey Irving,
                                Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but to my knowledge they don't fill DFW through the SWB posting. They have no problems filling DFW vacancies through internal means, which currently consists of the VRA. There are ample senior CBPOs working boarder POEs that are dying to get to DFW. In my opinion if you want to stay in TX your best options are Fabens or El Paso, then sometime long down the road you can transfer to DFW.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10954 users online. 392 members and 10562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X