Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know why it's taking so long for me to hear from a BI? Seems like I moved along fairly quickly but haven't had any movement since Dec
    CBPO SWB
    Application: 3/28/12
    Exam: 4/26/12
    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
    TSL: 6/12/12
    TSL2: 6/13/12
    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
      Yep, looks like the green weenie got us.....

Well it just got you for what....the fifth time?

Looks like Ill end up a county sheriff after all, they called me today and the BI is on their final review.
      Thats great news Payniel, oh and fifth, sixth who's counting lol. I will over come them through, I'm determined. The alternative is a waiting game as well. I'm unlucky enough to have to wait another few years for NYPD or NCPD.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
        Haha! You're welcome. That's great. You've got the right attitude. Honestly, some days I feel the same and other days it's a little bit harder to maintain my positive mental attitude. My process has gone well so far... minus the painstaking "hurry up and wait" between some steps, but then again everyone has gone through that. It all eventually works out one way of the other, right?
        I agree it can be hard to be positive all the time. You sometimes have doubts creep in, but you can't let them linger. It will drive you nuts!! It all works out don't worry, just grab a seat relax and enjoy the view from the waiting room. Your number will come up eventually haha.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
          Anyone know why it's taking so long for me to hear from a BI? Seems like I moved along fairly quickly but haven't had any movement since Dec
          Have you tried calling IA? It's strange that you passed the poly and received a preliminary clearance, but have not met with your investigator yet.
          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Yessir, I do love me some hurry up and wait. As you guys have said, its important to keep a positive mentality.

Also with that email TP3 got, it sorta helps put the puzzle as to the reasons behind the rescinding of the "calls" going out even more. Most applicants in TSU(there are prolly quite a few) are in SWB, which is seemingly out of vacancies. Other Geo's seem to have a decent amount of open slots, but no ready people to fill them. Not enough overall to justify a class.

Myself personally am not quite willing to concede that every vacancy on the SWB is filled. I am willing to bet, that with the hiring freeze that was(is?) in effect, the ports maybe stopped doing their paperwork to send those vacancies to MHC. My theory at least, hopefully its just a bit of a lag. All speculation of course...
            CBPO:
            Test- 05/12
            NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
            TSL1/2-08/12
            PFT1/Med-09/12
            VBT/SI-10/12
            Poly-11/12
            BI-12/12
            TSU-01/24/13
            1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
            Applied- 06/12
            PFT-07/12
            CJBAT- 12/12
            Panel Interview- 01/13
            BI- in process

FBI
            Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
              Yessir, I do love me some hurry up and wait. As you guys have said, its important to keep a positive mentality.

Also with that email TP3 got, it sorta helps put the puzzle as to the reasons behind the rescinding of the "calls" going out even more. Most applicants in TSU(there are prolly quite a few) are in SWB, which is seemingly out of vacancies. Other Geo's seem to have a decent amount of open slots, but no ready people to fill them. Not enough overall to justify a class.

Myself personally am not quite willing to concede that every vacancy on the SWB is filled. I am willing to bet, that with the hiring freeze that was(is?) in effect, the ports maybe stopped doing their paperwork to send those vacancies to MHC. My theory at least, hopefully its just a bit of a lag. All speculation of course...
              I agree doubtful that SWB is done, I'm sure it will slow down. I doubt though that it's at 100%. You will always have spots opening up from attrition alone.
              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• I am also having the same situation, submitted my background around July last year was told they were going to use a previous poly result in which I passed and would get a preclearance. To this day nothing still waiting. Cass shows completed with everything else. Can you please send me the number to IA if anyone knows it. Emails are just giving me the run-around thx.

Comment

• Thank you Pointman8, Payniel, Rms16 and StoneFace for the info give me a positive vote of confidence. Heading tomorrow morning to do my visual check up and after that heading to my doctor to start the process on the rest. Hopefully I can get it done before the do date which is not to far from now.

My question is has anyone gone through this and how long it took them medical to give a response? Also is this a common issue that occurs? Last question do you think it is a easy fix or am I in for the long ride?
                  Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                  first choice: Florida region
                  second choice: Puerto Rico
                  Test-8/21/11
                  NOR-3/23/12
                  Test Management Application-8/16/12
                  TSL-2/25/13
                  PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                  Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                  B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                  V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                  S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                  Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                  PFT 2-
                  The Call-
                  E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhopeful View Post
                    I am also having the same situation, submitted my background around July last year was told they were going to use a previous poly result in which I passed and would get a preclearance. To this day nothing still waiting. Cass shows completed with everything else. Can you please send me the number to IA if anyone knows it. Emails are just giving me the run-around thx.
                    PM sent.
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                      Thank you Pointman8, Payniel, Rms16 and StoneFace for the info give me a positive vote of confidence. Heading tomorrow morning to do my visual check up and after that heading to my doctor to start the process on the rest. Hopefully I can get it done before the do date which is not to far from now.

My question is has anyone gone through this and how long it took them medical to give a response? Also is this a common issue that occurs? Last question do you think it is a easy fix or am I in for the long ride?
                      No problem we are all here to help each other however we can. It sounds like it could be an easy fix, but I'm no doctor. Heard about the visual thing and white coat syndrome. Don't get to worked up about it. Also if you need more time call and ask for an extension. I did and got one. As long as you have a valid reason. Mine was I couldn't get a doctors appointment right away.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• This process is crazy. It kind of has me worried that the SW border wasn't on that list. I also saw on the Delphi forum that a guy (already CBPO) received an e-mailed notifing him that he's eligible for a voluntary reassignment. Maybe this is being done to help open up spots on the SWB? Who knows. However, in the back of my head it is hard to believe that the SWB is full especially with all of this hiring that I keep hearing is supposed to happen. The only thing I do know for sure is that this process is a roller coaster and it is super hard to be patient. Good luck to everybody!

Comment

• Question for pointman and the others who got the call and had the offer snatched back. What day of the week did you get the call? I got mine on a Thursday. ( 2 weeks ago) I'm wondering if that's the day we should hold our breath. I know everything is in two week increments to match pay periods. That's why I assume I had to report a week earlier than most. ( it was the first day of the pay period and im already in fers. -BOP officer -.. Oh and anyone who is coming in off the street prepare to wait 3 weeks before your first pay check. It happened to me when I came in. Also since my report date matched the new PP means that non feds will EOD mid pay period. Just a warning if some of you are going to be on a tight budget. Well hopefully you guys got the call on a Thursday so we can at least establish some pattern and know when to hold our phone close. ---Just looked back for "the call" and seen when most people got it. It seems like Tuesday was popular. I got mine on a Thursday so maybe they go by the CASS schedule. Guess im back to anxiously waiting for those two days.
                          Last edited by gijoeavila; 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                            Question for pointman and the others who got the call and had the offer snatched back. What day of the week did you get the call? I got mine on a Thursday. ( 2 weeks ago) I'm wondering if that's the day we should hold our breath. I know everything is in two week increments to match pay periods. That's why I assume I had to report a week earlier than most. ( it was the first day of the pay period and im already in fers. -BOP officer -.. Oh and anyone who is coming in off the street prepare to wait 3 weeks before your first pay check. It happened to me when I came in. Also since my report date matched the new PP means that non feds will EOD mid pay period. Just a warning if some of you are going to be on a tight budget. Well hopefully you guys got the call on a Thursday so we can at least establish some pattern and know when to hold our phone close. ---Just looked back for "the call" and seen when most people got it. It seems like Tuesday was popular. I got mine on a Thursday so maybe they go by the CASS schedule. Guess im back to anxiously waiting for those two days.
                            Thanks for that info Gijoeavila. I actually received "The Call" on a Tuesday. There might not be a pattern
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              I agree it can be hard to be positive all the time. You sometimes have doubts creep in, but you can't let them linger. It will drive you nuts!! It all works out don't worry, just grab a seat relax and enjoy the view from the waiting room. Your number will come up eventually haha.
                              Thank you. I appreciate the pep talk. Lord knows I need it after this past week!

Comment

• As far as no vacancies on the SWB. Calm down folks, the SWB will always have openings. One of my best buds did scheduling at SYS, and currently works Downtown San Diego where the head shed is for CBP. Specifically SYS will be hiring a metric sh#$ ton in the near future. They are in the middle of a multi year remodel, and the majority of the new Northbound vehicle lanes will be done in 2014. Deductive reasoning and having first hand knowledge of the DFO regarding being proactive, they know they can't hire in 2014 to have CBPOs ready for the new lanes.

Another thing that will increase SWB vacancies will be the release of the VRA, which I've heard is in May. A lot of the senior CBPOs on the SWB want to get the frock out, and the VRA will be their vehicle.

Another possible reason they recently rescinded "The call" could be the VRA. PERHAPS they want to see where the cards land with the VRA to gauge where to put the newbies. But then again what the hell do I know, I'm just a guy who is stalking this forum like a meth addict with a newly acquired stash.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9316 users online. 365 members and 8951 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X