Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up date for you guys here comes the curve ball in my process.Just received a letter from medical review stating my vision is not good and to seek an outside opinion. Last time I check my eye with my glasses on I was 20/20 but ok I can get this fix easy. The tuff one I have to get done is the EKG. They said I'm tachycardia(rapid heart beat) I was like really people do get nervious and heart rate does go up because of this but o well something I have to get redone by a pro. Funny part to me is my blood pressure was good 120/70 and i was allowed to do the fpt-1 with no problem so i find it odd that i was put under medical review.
    Btw the guy that was doing my mini medical was a intern who probably has not done this long enough so I think my visual test was mess up and my EKG was do to me being nervious.
    What you guys think ?
    Last edited by Shorttie; 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM.
    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
    first choice: Florida region
    second choice: Puerto Rico
    Test-8/21/11
    NOR-3/23/12
    Test Management Application-8/16/12
    TSL-2/25/13
    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
    PFT 2-
    The Call-
    E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
      Up date for you guys here comes the curve ball in my process.Just received a letter from medical review stating my vision is not good and to seek an outside opinion. Last time I check my eye with my glasses on I was 20/20 but ok I can get this fix easy. The tuff one I have to get done is the EKG. They said I'm tachycardia(rapid heart beat) I was like really people do get nervious and heart rate does go up because of this but o well something I have to get redone by a pro. Funny part to me is my blood pressure was good 120/70 and i was allowed to do the fpt-1 with no problem so i find it odd that i was put under medical review.
      Btw the guy that was doing my mini medical was a intern who probably has not done this long enough so I think my visual test was mess up and my EKG was do to me being nervious.
      What you guys think ?
      Youre going to have to have both redone by doctors of your choosing...at your expense of course. As for the fast heart beat, I had the same issue, went to my doc and had it redone and was good to go(my hrt was still slightly high, but I have bad white coat fever). Vision, if you are normally 20/20, just get it redone. Just a note, vision does change as we age, for the better or worse. Med review did not set my timeline back all that much, maybe 2-3 weeks at best. Good luck
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

Up date for you guys here comes the curve ball in my process.Just received a letter from medical review stating my vision is not good and to seek an outside opinion. Last time I check my eye with my glasses on I was 20/20 but ok I can get this fix easy. The tuff one I have to get done is the EKG. They said I'm tachycardia(rapid heart beat) I was like really people do get nervious and heart rate does go up because of this but o well something I have to get redone by a pro. Funny part to me is my blood pressure was good 120/70 and i was allowed to do the fpt-1 with no problem so i find it odd that i was put under medical review.
        What you guys think ?
        With all of that being said just go to whom you need to go to in order to get this cleared. You've come too far for this to trip you up.
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Sorry for the double post guys. Had a bad connection.
          Last edited by Pointman8; 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM.
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Thanks Rms16! Hopefully something moves for you soon too. I can't wait to leave the NE stinky Jersey is just not for me.
            CBPO Timeline
            Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
            TSL: 09/12/12
            Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
            TSU: 4/22/13
            PFT 2: 10/8/13
            EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
            FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
            BPA Timeline
            Test: 03/16/13
            NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
            GEO Pref: South Texas
            TSL1: 06/21/13
            PFT1:
            Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
            Med: 3/2013
            Interview: 9/26/13
            EQUIP: 9/24/2012
            BI Investigator: 4/2/13
            Poly: 3/19/13
            Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• anyone still waiting for a TSL get an email to change their location. I scored an 86 and had choose the southeast region but according to the email this was what their needs were.

§ Northwest/Northern Border Region (many vacancies)
              § North East Region (many vacancies)
              § West Coast Region (few vacancies)
              § Central East Coast Region (few vacancies)
              § Alaska (limited vacancies)

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                anyone still waiting for a TSL get an email to change their location. I scored an 86 and had choose the southeast region but according to the email this was what their needs were.

This happened to me a year ago. I originally applied for the Central East Coast Region and was asked to consider changing my geographic location to the SWB, which is where the need was greatest at the time. Of course, I switched...and now there is a huge push to staff the NE. Go figure! I have tried to switch my geo back to my original selection and I was told by MCH this is only possible if I withdraw my application and reapply during an open period. Choose wisely...

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
                  Thanks Rms16! Hopefully something moves for you soon too. I can't wait to leave the NE stinky Jersey is just not for me.
                  I don't think Jersey is for to most people lol. I'm sure my time is coming soon, was told last week and this week my file is under third and final review. Will find out good or bad news soon enough...hopefully good news! Check that I know good news!
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

What you guys think ?
                    Always remember you have the option of calling CHS to let them know of any issues during testing. If you are suspcious of something not being done correctly, advise CHS while you are still at the location. During my medical, my vision portion was not done as requested and I had to redo it at another location. A lot of times these things can cause some delay (in my case it was a 3-week delay), which can be frustrating. Bottom line, if you feel something is off, make it known 'cause you could be helping yourself out in the long run. Good luck and don't worry, you will do great!!

Comment

What you guys think ?
                      I had a medical hiccup as well. Payniel is right, it only held me back two or three weeks. The real hang up for me was the BI. Go to your doc (on your dime unfortunately) get the necessary tests and send the info back. Medical hiccups can be common, don't sweat it to much. Just keep pushing through.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        I don't think Jersey is for to most people lol. I'm sure my time is coming soon, was told last week and this week my file is under third and final review. Will find out good or bad news soon enough...hopefully good news! Check that I know good news!
                        I will take NJ! Haha. At this point, I just want THE CALL...

Here's to hoping for the best news for you, Rms. You're right there. Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                          anyone still waiting for a TSL get an email to change their location. I scored an 86 and had choose the southeast region but according to the email this was what their needs were.

The fact that SWB is not on there is disconcerting to say the least.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                            I will take NJ! Haha. At this point, I just want THE CALL...

Here's to hoping for the best news for you, Rms. You're right there. Good luck!!
                            Agreed I'd take almost anything right now...almost lol. Thank you though, it's much appreciated. I can feel it's coming soon and I feel like it's going to be all good news!!
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

The fact that SWB is not on there is disconcerting to say the least.
                              Yep, looks like the green weenie got us.....

Well it just got you for what....the fifth time?

Looks like Ill end up a county sheriff after all, they called me today and the BI is on their final review.
                              CBPO:
                              Test- 05/12
                              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                              TSL1/2-08/12
                              PFT1/Med-09/12
                              VBT/SI-10/12
                              Poly-11/12
                              BI-12/12
                              TSU-01/24/13
                              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                              Applied- 06/12
                              PFT-07/12
                              CJBAT- 12/12
                              Panel Interview- 01/13
                              BI- in process

FBI
                              Phase two: probably never

Comment

Agreed I'd take almost anything right now...almost lol. Thank you though, it's much appreciated. I can feel it's coming soon and I feel like it's going to be all good news!!
                                Haha! You're welcome. That's great. You've got the right attitude. Honestly, some days I feel the same and other days it's a little bit harder to maintain my positive mental attitude. My process has gone well so far... minus the painstaking "hurry up and wait" between some steps, but then again everyone has gone through that. It all eventually works out one way of the other, right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9173 users online. 295 members and 8878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X