300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    It seems as if Laredo is kinda expensive for living. Is it me or is that the reality?
    It's all comparative.
    Use the cost of living tool that's online by city data and compare.

There are several areas that are stupid expensive.

Comment

• Well I met with my BI investigator today....for 2 1/2 hours. What a nightmare. I have been through at least half a dozen BI's before and so far this one has been the worst! In addition to the references I provided in the paperwork, I had to come up with two additional coworkers, at least two additional social contacts, and the neighbors. Keeping in mind that NONE of these can already have been listed in my paperwork for anything else! I have a very small and close circle of social contacts. The majority of people I work with are younger people who think everyone's business needs to be posted to their Facebook account 10 minutes after it happens. I also told the investigator I stood a STRONG possibility of losing my current job assignment (and possibly my job in general), if everyone and their brother knew about my application elsewhere. It's taken me 7 years to get finally get my current assignment back (I held it once before). None the less, he's hit up just about EVERYONE there for information!

He also obtained names of coworkers to interview from my supervisor (see previous statement about them!), and NOT the names I struggled to provide. Then he had "problems" with the additional social contacts I had difficulty in coming up. He said that I needed to associate with them AT LEAST once a month. One of them told him they saw me at work several times a week, though they don't work with me directly and have known me personally for over 30 years. Nope, not good enough. That's not considered a "social" contact...even though we just shoot the breeze about our family and off work stuff. Sheesh! This guy is killin' me! I be lucky to have my CURRENT job, let alone a CBPO position!! I'm certainly hoping for the best on this one!

BTW, I had to cover previous addresses from over 15 YEARS ago and several late payments (late as in 30 days or less!), on credit items over 7 years ago. No problem on that other than the fact they were against accounts completely paid off and left in good standing! He went so far as to obtain my previous assignments from my military career...starting in 1982!!!! If they really wanted my whole life's history, just ask and give me the time to prepare it. Don't say you only need this or that for the previous XX number of years, only to double the time period and expect everything off the cuff!! As I stated before, I've NEVER had this kinda crud go on with any previous BI's..including my previous ones for this position!! So much for "updating" my BI. This one is like a while new, start from scratch BI....plus!!!
      Last edited by 66Pony; 04-05-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Is there anyone who passed their VBT and didnt have their structured interview the same day? Mine hasnt been scheduled yet but my friend just had his VBT on tuesday and didnt get interviewed. Does that mean he failed? Makes me nervous for mine!

Comment

• 66Pony, I am willing to bet that you got a new investigator that got a little confused during the interview. If it makes you feel better, he/she is probably spending hours sifting through that information deciding which one doesn't need to be included in the final report.

Comment

• EZ, sorry to be the possible bearer of bad news, but chances are you and your friend didn't pass. Seems like when they review the tape to make sure that it was recorded correctly, they are also scoring you. If you pass, they will interview you right after; if you are told to go home and wait for the answers, you are done buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
              EZ, sorry to be the possible bearer of bad news, but chances are you and your friend didn't pass. Seems like when they review the tape to make sure that it was recorded correctly, they are also scoring you. If you pass, they will interview you right after; if you are told to go home and wait for the answers, you are done buddy
              That's not always the case. There are multiple individuals that report that they got a structured interview invitation days after the video test. There are also those that got a video test, no interview, and a letter notifying them that they passed that part of the process.
              Gek.

Comment

EZ, sorry to be the possible bearer of bad news, but chances are you and your friend didn't pass. Seems like when they review the tape to make sure that it was recorded correctly, they are also scoring you. If you pass, they will interview you right after; if you are told to go home and wait for the answers, you are done buddy
                That makes me nervous! So it's for sure he didnt pass? Im still waiting to get scheduled, I had to send some "amendments" to my original application and they haven't gotten back to me yet

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                  Well I met with my BI investigator today....for 2 1/2 hours. What a nightmare. I have been through at least half a dozen BI's before and so far this one has been the worst! In addition to the references I provided in the paperwork, I had to come up with two additional coworkers, at least two additional social contacts, and the neighbors. Keeping in mind that NONE of these can already have been listed in my paperwork for anything else! I have a very small and close circle of social contacts. The majority of people I work with are younger people who think everyone's business needs to be posted to their Facebook account 10 minutes after it happens. I also told the investigator I stood a STRONG possibility of losing my current job assignment (and possibly my job in general), if everyone and their brother knew about my application elsewhere. It's taken me 7 years to get finally get my current assignment back (I held it once before). None the less, he's hit up just about EVERYONE there for information!

He also obtained names of coworkers to interview from my supervisor (see previous statement about them!), and NOT the names I struggled to provide. Then he had "problems" with the additional social contacts I had difficulty in coming up. He said that I needed to associate with them AT LEAST once a month. One of them told him they saw me at work several times a week, though they don't work with me directly and have known me personally for over 30 years. Nope, not good enough. That's not considered a "social" contact...even though we just shoot the breeze about our family and off work stuff. Sheesh! This guy is killin' me! I be lucky to have my CURRENT job, let alone a CBPO position!! I'm certainly hoping for the best on this one!

BTW, I had to cover previous addresses from over 15 YEARS ago and several late payments (late as in 30 days or less!), on credit items over 7 years ago. No problem on that other than the fact they were against accounts completely paid off and left in good standing! He went so far as to obtain my previous assignments from my military career...starting in 1982!!!! If they really wanted my whole life's history, just ask and give me the time to prepare it. Don't say you only need this or that for the previous XX number of years, only to double the time period and expect everything off the cuff!! As I stated before, I've NEVER had this kinda crud go on with any previous BI's..including my previous ones for this position!! So much for "updating" my BI. This one is like a while new, start from scratch BI....plus!!!
                  Make me wonder where are you located hope not NYC. If so I'm screwed with my luck chances are ill get the same investigator and will be in the same boat you are in. Good luck and think positive everything will be alright.
                  Someone correct me on this but I though they could only go back as faras 10 years. Anything after that is irrelevant.
                  Last edited by Shorttie; 04-05-2013, 02:42 AM.
                  Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                  first choice: Florida region
                  second choice: Puerto Rico
                  Test-8/21/11
                  NOR-3/23/12
                  Test Management Application-8/16/12
                  TSL-2/25/13
                  PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                  Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                  B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                  V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                  S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                  Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                  PFT 2-
                  The Call-
                  E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by ez88 View Post
                    Is there anyone who passed their VBT and didnt have their structured interview the same day? Mine hasnt been scheduled yet but my friend just had his VBT on tuesday and didnt get interviewed. Does that mean he failed? Makes me nervous for mine!
                    Yes, it's possible to pass your VBT and not have your structured interview the same day. From others who have gone through the process some applicants experienced having to come back another day because there wasn't enough Supervisors available for the structured interview. I believe they schedule your structured interview right after the VBT if they can't do it that day.
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• My friend just got "the call" today seems like they opened a class from June 11th. He goes for his pft2 on May 13th. So I guess the budget is fixed and things back up and running.

Comment

66Pony, I am willing to bet that you got a new investigator that got a little confused during the interview. If it makes you feel better, he/she is probably spending hours sifting through that information deciding which one doesn't need to be included in the final report.
                        He's definitely not a new investigator, this guy's ready for another retirement. The information he needed was read right off of a print out provided to him. I saw the paperwork as he was sitting directly across from me with everything spread out and would, many times, turn a page around to show it to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                          My friend just got "the call" today seems like they opened a class from June 11th. He goes for his pft2 on May 13th. So I guess the budget is fixed and things back up and running.
                          That's interesting. I emailed MHC today to see where I stand and they said they were still "finalizing" academy dates. I asked them when they say that, do they mean they are literally finalizing the dates or is a nicer way of telling us they don't really know. They responded with this:

As academy class dates are finalized at headquarters in Washington D. C., I don’t know the exact date of the academies until we actually start calling to fill that specific class. So, from what I understands, they are working on finalizing the class dates.

It seemed to me, at least at the time I emailed them, they were unaware of any unfilled academy dates to date.

That's awesome for your friend though. That's great news for the rest of us in TSU. Any information on the ports offered or EOD date?
                          Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
                          NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
                          Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
                          TSL 02/16/2012
                          Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
                          PFT-1: 03/14/2012
                          Medical: 03/27/2012
                          Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
                          VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
                          3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
                          Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
                          Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
                          TSU: 03/14/2013
                          The Call:
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by SWB_Hopeful View Post

It seemed to me, at least at the time I emailed them, they were unaware of any unfilled academy dates to date.
                            Which section of MHC did you email. Ive run into the "general" info people who had not received or could not tell me things, then emailed the specific people, like scheduling, and been told different things. Could you PM me the address you emailed, please?

Regardless, if its true I'll be happy. Hopefully this next week more calls will be coming. Good luck to everyone here!
                            CBPO:
                            Test- 05/12
                            NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                            TSL1/2-08/12
                            PFT1/Med-09/12
                            VBT/SI-10/12
                            Poly-11/12
                            BI-12/12
                            TSU-01/24/13
                            1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                            Applied- 06/12
                            PFT-07/12
                            CJBAT- 12/12
                            Panel Interview- 01/13
                            BI- in process

FBI
                            Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by SWB_Hopeful View Post
                              That's interesting. I emailed MHC today to see where I stand and they said they were still "finalizing" academy dates. I asked them when they say that, do they mean they are literally finalizing the dates or is a nicer way of telling us they don't really know. They responded with this:

As academy class dates are finalized at headquarters in Washington D. C., I don’t know the exact date of the academies until we actually start calling to fill that specific class. So, from what I understands, they are working on finalizing the class dates.

That's awesome for your friend though. That's great news for the rest of us in TSU. Any information on the ports offered or EOD date?
                              He's heading to JFK, he was saying something about Virginia, Philadelphia...EOD June 11th
                              Last edited by E92_M3; 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                                Which section of MHC did you email. Ive run into the "general" info people who had not received or could not tell me things, then emailed the specific people, like scheduling, and been told different things. Could you PM me the address you emailed, please?

Regardless, if its true I'll be happy. Hopefully this next week more calls will be coming. Good luck to everyone here!
                                Sorry it would not let me send a private message. It said I have private messaging blocked? If anyone can tell me how to change that, it would be greatly appreciated.

I sent the email to [email protected] dhs.gov at 10:05AM Friday, April 5th.

Edit: I put the space between the "@" sign and "dhs.gov" because it would not send me a message with an email in it due to me not having at least 100 posts.
                                Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
                                NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
                                Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
                                TSL 02/16/2012
                                Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
                                PFT-1: 03/14/2012
                                Medical: 03/27/2012
                                Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
                                VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
                                3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
                                Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
                                Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
                                TSU: 03/14/2013
                                The Call:
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9450 users online. 470 members and 8980 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X