Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey all,

    Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I received an email yesterday that my qualifications went through, GS-5. If only I had done better in college, would have had that GS-7, oh well...

    Also, I took the BP entrance exam this week on Tuesday. I would advise that if you are more than semi-confident in your Spanish, take the Spanish portion. As I can understand Spanish almost perfectly and can read it decently, I think I should have taken that instead. I don't speak it because of lack of confidence, but it doesn't have a speaking portion, so yea. The artificial language section was kind of annoying.

    On another note, any of you guys coming from city law enforcement? The PD in my city makes decent money and has good benefits. Just wanted a quick input on someone's experience with that. A PM would do, as this is a CBP thread.

    Thanks!
    Geo: SWB
    Written Test: 4/24/12
    NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
    TSL1: 6/12/12
    TSL2: 6/22/12
    PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
    Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
    VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
    Poly 1: 11/2/12
    Poly 2: 1/25/12
    Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
    Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
    B.I.: In security office
    Drug Test: Pending

    Comment


    • Anyone know how often they hire out of JFK airport?

      Comment


      • Hello all,

        I sent MHC an email the other day confirming I was back in TSU after deferring, which I am. In the email I also asked about further classes, which would seem to be the biggest holdup on hiring, since they seemingly cancelled the rest of the years classes when the sequester hit. The reply was that the class schedule is still being finalized. With the new budget and funding, I will take this to mean that the management are seeing when and how many classes they will need for the rest of the year, and hopefully once its done, we will see hiring start again. Especially since it seems CBP is basically fully funded.
        CBPO:
        Test- 05/12
        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
        TSL1/2-08/12
        PFT1/Med-09/12
        VBT/SI-10/12
        Poly-11/12
        BI-12/12
        TSU-01/24/13
        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

        OCSO:
        Applied- 06/12
        PFT-07/12
        CJBAT- 12/12
        Panel Interview- 01/13
        BI- in process

        FBI
        Phase two: probably never

        Comment


        • Originally posted by payniel View Post
          Hello all,

          I sent MHC an email the other day confirming I was back in TSU after deferring, which I am. In the email I also asked about further classes, which would seem to be the biggest holdup on hiring, since they seemingly cancelled the rest of the years classes when the sequester hit. The reply was that the class schedule is still being finalized. With the new budget and funding, I will take this to mean that the management are seeing when and how many classes they will need for the rest of the year, and hopefully once its done, we will see hiring start again. Especially since it seems CBP is basically fully funded.
          Thanks for the update!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

          Comment


          • .............................................
            Last edited by Firefox; 02-06-2014, 01:16 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              I was told no there would not be any further classes after the start of the May 9th class for the rest of the FY.
              That's weired. Then why would they start hiring for BPA again if that's the case? It's open until May too.
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                I was told no there would not be any further classes after the start of the May 9th class for the rest of the FY.
                That most likely could still be the case, or was the case. Im hoping it was the case, since the new funding bill has changed the picture a bit with DHS, and specifically CBP, getting more money than it was previously. I know that the CR just got signed, so the agency managers are still probably working out things, so time will tell. I know all after the may 9th class were originally supposed to be cancelled til fy2014. Firefox, you're in pre-academy, let us know if you hear anything will ya?

                I was on the border patrol councils website(BPA union) and a post there shows a pretty good explanation of the funds, which basically have increased by roughly $300 million when compared to FY 2012, including the sequester. If CBP doesnt hire and continues with furoughs, then it is purely a political move, and it really sucks.....

                Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                That's weired. Then why would they start hiring for BPA again if that's the case? It's open until May too.
                All the agencies like having full hire pools so that when they need to they can hire, even if they arent hiring anytime soon.
                Last edited by payniel; 03-30-2013, 06:34 PM.
                CBPO:
                Test- 05/12
                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                TSL1/2-08/12
                PFT1/Med-09/12
                VBT/SI-10/12
                Poly-11/12
                BI-12/12
                TSU-01/24/13
                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                OCSO:
                Applied- 06/12
                PFT-07/12
                CJBAT- 12/12
                Panel Interview- 01/13
                BI- in process

                FBI
                Phase two: probably never

                Comment


                • Well wish me luck I just finished my NOPA response, I'll be sending it out on Monday. Now it's just a waiting game.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

                  NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                  PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    Well wish me luck I just finished my NOPA response, I'll be sending it out on Monday. Now it's just a waiting game.
                    Hoping for a quick response bro. Best wishes
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                      Hoping for a quick response bro. Best wishes
                      Thanks Pointman8 greatly appreciated. Im hoping for a quick response as well, been waiting in this process for so long hopefully this is the final step. I do have a really good feeling about it.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

                      NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                      PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Thanks Pointman8 greatly appreciated. Im hoping for a quick response as well, been waiting in this process for so long hopefully this is the final step. I do have a really good feeling about it.
                        That's great. I had a good feeling about it too. I knew what I had to explain was very possible to win. The wait is so nerve racking though.
                        Hopefully we get to go to FLETC together man. Lord willing
                        Last edited by Pointman8; 03-30-2013, 02:57 PM.
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                        TSU: 3/28/13
                        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                        FLETC: 9/13/13

                        Comment


                        • Interesting read, that helps explain the budget stuff.

                          http://www.hstoday.us/focused-topics...-staffing.html

                          Just goes to show that if they dont hire, or stop the furloughs, then it will merely be a political stunt by the agency administrators.

                          http://dhs.nteu.org/LegUpdates/Update.aspx?ID=1838

                          That one is a memo from the Pres for NTEU, indicating what should mean more hiring and hopefully lessened furloughs too.

                          And btw, I know this is a saturday night posting, but i dont work a regular schedule, no such things as weekends for me.
                          Last edited by payniel; 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM.
                          CBPO:
                          Test- 05/12
                          NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                          TSL1/2-08/12
                          PFT1/Med-09/12
                          VBT/SI-10/12
                          Poly-11/12
                          BI-12/12
                          TSU-01/24/13
                          1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                          OCSO:
                          Applied- 06/12
                          PFT-07/12
                          CJBAT- 12/12
                          Panel Interview- 01/13
                          BI- in process

                          FBI
                          Phase two: probably never

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Thanks Pointman8 greatly appreciated. Im hoping for a quick response as well, been waiting in this process for so long hopefully this is the final step. I do have a really good feeling about it.
                            "Waiting in this process for so long"?! Seriously though, good luck with your response. You may or may not hear anything though, as I've already stated before. Doesn't mean anything bad though (see below!).

                            I DID hear something today! Yes, I know, on a Saturday!!! I was at work and I got a call on my cell. It was the assigned investigator for my BI update. He advised they had just sent him my file and he needed to meet with me ASAP. He said he was instructed to expedite it! If I had to choose between it being good news or bad......I DEFINITELY choosing GOOD!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                              "Waiting in this process for so long"?! Seriously though, good luck with your response. You may or may not hear anything though, as I've already stated before. Doesn't mean anything bad though (see below!).

                              I DID hear something today! Yes, I know, on a Saturday!!! I was at work and I got a call on my cell. It was the assigned investigator for my BI update. He advised they had just sent him my file and he needed to meet with me ASAP. He said he was instructed to expedite it! If I had to choose between it being good news or bad......I DEFINITELY choosing GOOD!!!!
                              Sounds like great news to me! You been waiting since 2008 which is a very long time, but I'm no spring chicken over here haha. I'm very suprised they called on a Saturday, but then again I met my investigator on a Saturday afternoon at my apartment.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

                              NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                              PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                                That's weired. Then why would they start hiring for BPA again if that's the case? It's open until May too.
                                The running of Tests for Border Patrol doesnt have anything to do with actual hiring, the tests are purely to keep a pipeline of qualified applicants in the hopper for when hiring is approved. Keep in mind if hiring is suspended for the rest of the FY that means only a 6 month stopage

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6855 users online. 368 members and 6487 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X