Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just as a heads up...that 60% poly failure rate number was generated back in the day when polys were an optional tool that the agency employed selectively in those circumstances where the agency felt poly use would be most fruitful.

In other words, that number pretty much represents cherry-picked cases where the agency expected failures.

Comment

• Has anyone else had this experience?

I have been waiting for a poly or any action on my application since last July and on 3/15 i recieved a voicemail from a "special agent ??? with CBP polygraph " calling to schedule a polygraph. I couldnt understand the name left but obviously excited i waited all weekend to be able to call back on Monday. I live in NH and the Call came from a cellphone in CA which was odd to me but ok. I now have called the number a few times and left a couple messages on the generic voicemail but have not talked to anyone or recieved any call back in 11 days since the original message.
      Should i keep waiting or check in with IA to make sure everything is going ok?
      CBPO 2011
      TEST: 07/2011
      NOR: 08/2011: 93
      TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
      PE FORMS: Completed
      QUALS:GS-7
      PFT1: Completed 03/12
      MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
      VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
      DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
      NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
      POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
      POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
      POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
      BI: In Security Office

Comment

• d
        Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
        Has anyone else had this experience?

I have been waiting for a poly or any action on my application since last July and on 3/15 i recieved a voicemail from a "special agent ??? with CBP polygraph " calling to schedule a polygraph. I couldnt understand the name left but obviously excited i waited all weekend to be able to call back on Monday. I live in NH and the Call came from a cellphone in CA which was odd to me but ok. I now have called the number a few times and left a couple messages on the generic voicemail but have not talked to anyone or recieved any call back in 11 days since the original message.
        I wish I could help you more. I haven't had an experience quite like that. I think you can never be too safe, however, and calling IA just to make sure you aren't missing anything important wouldn't be a bad idea. That's just my two cents.

Best of luck to you.
        Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
        NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
        Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
        TSL 02/16/2012
        Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
        PFT-1: 03/14/2012
        Medical: 03/27/2012
        Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
        VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
        3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
        Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
        Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
        TSU: 03/14/2013
        The Call:
        PFT2:
        EOD:

Comment

• I would call again. Call like a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
          Has anyone else had this experience?

Comment

• Disregard this reply
            Last edited by 66Pony; 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              I get that no news is good news, but did you ever try reaching out to your investigator to find out?
              If you're referring to my poly operator, no I didn't. He had told me I passed the poly. The issue came from a review of my pre-poly questions once it hit QC. My recourse was to address it with a writtin response, which I did.
              If you're referring to my BI investigator, my BI is still pending....again. I say again because mine is an update. I have been previously completed and sent to scheduling two prior times, but stuff expiring has caused them to pull my app back out. I am kinda old school when it comes to the app process. Unless something comes up that is a problem which I need to address immediately, I wait to hear from MHC. Does calling occasionally help? Dunno. I have been hired by the Feds on three prior occasions and that's the way it was done. Since there was, what appeared to be, a positive result from my response I don't believe it necessitates contact at this point. BTW, had they proceeded with their action they were required by the CFR to notify within a set time frame. I never received anything advising that the actions had been taken.

Each applicant has their own way of doing what they feel my move their case along, and I respect that. This is how I elected to handle mine. Bear in mind, my application has some major differences than most due to it's age and how the process was conducted and assignments available when I submitted my app. It's changed a LOT over the past 5 years!!

Comment

• Quick question. Met my investigator a little over a month ago. BI is still pending in Cass. I passed my poly. How long has it been for some of you to go from Poly/BI meeting to green check? Do I have anything to worry about? This is my last green check like many of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                  Quick question. Met my investigator a little over a month ago. BI is still pending in Cass. I passed my poly. How long has it been for some of you to go from Poly/BI meeting to green check? Do I have anything to worry about? This is my last green check like many of you.
                  I'm in same spot as you, it's all random I emailed mhc and internal affairs they said there isn't a set time frame for background to be completed. Probably once hiring freeze is lifted backgrounds will start to clear again

Comment

• Talk on the USBP Delphi board has the current failure rate for the poly at 88%. They tend to have reliable information over there so I suspect the number is pretty close to that percentage.

Comment

• Well today is the day for me. Ill keep you guys posted on how it goes.
                      Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                      first choice: Florida region
                      second choice: Puerto Rico
                      Test-8/21/11
                      NOR-3/23/12
                      Test Management Application-8/16/12
                      TSL-2/25/13
                      PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                      Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                      B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                      V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                      S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                      Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                      PFT 2-
                      The Call-
                      E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                        I'm in same spot as you, it's all random I emailed mhc and internal affairs they said there isn't a set time frame for background to be completed. Probably once hiring freeze is lifted backgrounds will start to clear again
                        How did you E-mail IA? if you have the address can you PM it to me plz?
                        CBPO
                        Geo: SWB
                        Written: 8/28/12
                        NOR: 9/12 93%
                        TSL 1+2: 9/12
                        Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
                        VBT + SI: 11/12
                        case sent to IA: 12/27/12
                        Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
                        Poly: ?
                        BI: ?

BPA
                        Written: 3/20/13
                        NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by Too far from home View Post
                          Talk on the USBP Delphi board has the current failure rate for the poly at 88%. They tend to have reliable information over there so I suspect the number is pretty close to that percentage.
                          I can't believe that 88% failure. I'm sure police agencies failure rate is way below that. 88% is just ridiculous!

Comment

• Just took my PFT1 today. I PASSED! I scored 130 on the first part and past the step test. Now to wait.......

Comment

• For the people who received a TSL in February.... Have your forms been completed in CASS and was given a GS level yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
                                For the people who received a TSL in February.... Have your forms been completed in CASS and was given a GS level yet?
                                Everything in the process is slow going. My qualifications were one of the last things to clear. Don't try and make sense of it, there is no real order to the madness. Just hold on and wait patiently.

Oh and congrats on the pft1.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8681 users online. 477 members and 8204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X