300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
    I specifically wanted San Diego, at San Ysidro. Since the original call, my fiance has agreed to try out one of the other cities too, so Id be alright with Nogales, McAllen, El Paso, somewhere thats not purely a small town. It seems that they are almost always offering spots at San Ysidro since its such a huge port, hopefully this time Ill get it.
    I am in a similar position as you. I, too, am engaged. I am getting married in August so this is going to be interesting with the wedding coming up. Luckily, my fiance is open to anywhere but I want a port that has more to offer than a tiny town with nothing around. I want the likes of San Ysidro, Nogales, Progreso or Brownsville.
    Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
    NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
    Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
    TSL 02/16/2012
    Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
    PFT-1: 03/14/2012
    Medical: 03/27/2012
    Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
    VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
    3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
    Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
    Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
    TSU: 03/14/2013
    The Call:
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
      Well I received a letter today for IA saying they will be informing OPM that I am unsuitable for employment. I can't believe this. I wasn't even given a second polygraph. Is this the equivalent to a DQ? Can I still be issued a NOPA? I'm so upset. Is there anything I can do to get a retest?
      Sorry to hear that news, I'm pretty sure you can appeal, how long after your investigation was sent in to IA did it take you to get that letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
        The letter your received is a NOPA. NOPA= Notice Of Proposed Action. The proposed action is recommending you as unsuitable. It should have contained instructions for you to respond, the time frame you have to do so and the reasons they are recommending unsuitability.
        I called the hiring center. The lady was very helpful. She informed me that next the hiring center would send me an email basically telling me IA found me unsuitable and give me exact reasons. She said once I receive the email I could write a letter pleading my case and they would forward it to IA. She also informed me that this is a common thing for IA and I shouldn't throw in the towel just yet. So I guess I have to just sit and wait for this email now.

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
          Sorry to hear that news, I'm pretty sure you can appeal, how long after your investigation was sent in to IA did it take you to get Mythat letter?
          My file was sent to IA Oct 2012. I had the poly end of Feb 2013 and received the letter end of March about a month after the poly.

Comment

• Has anyone taken the pft-1 at JFK airport in New York City? If so how was it and what should I expect ?
            Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
            first choice: Florida region
            second choice: Puerto Rico
            Test-8/21/11
            NOR-3/23/12
            Test Management Application-8/16/12
            TSL-2/25/13
            PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
            Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
            B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
            V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
            S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
            Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
            PFT 2-
            The Call-
            E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
              Has anyone taken the pft-1 at JFK airport in New York City? If so how was it and what should I expect ?
              Ya I did. If your in any kind of shape it shouldn't be hard. Step test can sneak up on you. Its not hard, but its definitely harder then it seems. Just relax you will do fine.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                Ya I did. If your in any kind of shape it shouldn't be hard. Step test can sneak up on you. Its not hard, but its definitely harder then it seems. Just relax you will do fine.
                Thanks for the advice. I been keeping in shape for over two years so hopefully it will be easy for me
                Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                first choice: Florida region
                second choice: Puerto Rico
                Test-8/21/11
                NOR-3/23/12
                Test Management Application-8/16/12
                TSL-2/25/13
                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-

Comment

• hello all! I just got to my duty station on Friday in Rio Grande City, and let me just say this is a huge cultural shock to me, some of these little towns around here is just shady! But the people at my port are very nice, around 60 officers total. Hope all of you have a better experience in you area!

Comment

• Has anyone had their Poly in Miami, FL??

Comment

• Originally posted by ganster piggy View Post
                      hello all! I just got to my duty station on Friday in Rio Grande City, and let me just say this is a huge cultural shock to me, some of these little towns around here is just shady! But the people at my port are very nice, around 60 officers total. Hope all of you have a better experience in you area!
                      Thank you for sharing your experience. Unfortunately being from up north, culture shock is something I will likely face no matter where I end up.

If you hear anything regarding if they plan on continuing hiring with their budget, please pass on the info.
                      Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
                      NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
                      Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
                      TSL 02/16/2012
                      Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
                      PFT-1: 03/14/2012
                      Medical: 03/27/2012
                      Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
                      VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
                      3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
                      Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
                      Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
                      TSU: 03/14/2013
                      The Call:
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• I know they are continuing hiring process, my close friend just met his investigator Thursday, but idk if they just stacking ready pool until they figure out budget situation

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                          I know they are continuing hiring process, my close friend just met his investigator Thursday, but idk if they just stacking ready pool until they figure out budget situation
                          Hopefully hiring again, but they always love stacked ready-pools. And if they are hiring again, I would expect to start seeing the calls made again soon. That is if they keep the previously approved class schedule for FLETC, which should have had a class starting in late may(the last "calls" that were made were for the early may class). Of course, any new hires would need a month or so of pre-academy, and at least a few weeks notice to get to the POE, so Im banking on the next couple of weeks starting to see movement again......if we do at all.
                          CBPO:
                          Test- 05/12
                          NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                          TSL1/2-08/12
                          PFT1/Med-09/12
                          VBT/SI-10/12
                          Poly-11/12
                          BI-12/12
                          TSU-01/24/13
                          1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                          Applied- 06/12
                          PFT-07/12
                          CJBAT- 12/12
                          Panel Interview- 01/13
                          BI- in process

FBI
                          Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Does anybody know if they follow up with you with NOPA results? How does it work after IA makes their decision on NOPAs?
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                              Does anybody know if they follow up with you with NOPA results? How does it work after IA makes their decision on NOPAs?
                              I never received anything back after submitting my reply. My CASS changed though from "paperwork pending" to "paperwork completed". No news is good news?!

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                                I never received anything back after submitting my reply. My CASS changed though from "paperwork pending" to "paperwork completed". No news is good news?!
                                I get that no news is good news, but did you ever try reaching out to your investigator to find out?
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13263 users online. 515 members and 12748 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X