Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been answered but why would one get a NOPA?
    CBPO SWB
    Application: 3/28/12
    Exam: 4/26/12
    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
    TSL: 6/12/12
    TSL2: 6/13/12
    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
      I'm sure this has been answered but why would one get a NOPA?
      Usually for bad things...from the instances here indicate things like failed poly's, IA finding something in your background they dont like, that sort of thing. Usually the "pending action" is the agency issues a unsuitable finding on your application. That finding follows you at the very least within DHS, and possibly other agencies you may apply for. Getting a NOPA is a good way to explain from your point of view the instance that they dont like.
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Well I received a letter today for IA saying they will be informing OPM that I am unsuitable for employment. I can't believe this. I wasn't even given a second polygraph. Is this the equivalent to a DQ? Can I still be issued a NOPA? I'm so upset. Is there anything I can do to get a retest?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
          Well I received a letter today for IA saying they will be informing OPM that I am unsuitable for employment. I can't believe this. I wasn't even given a second polygraph. Is this the equivalent to a DQ? Can I still be issued a NOPA? I'm so upset. Is there anything I can do to get a retest?
          Man, that is absolutely terrible. Hopefully there's a way that you can appeal for a second poly or something. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Well I received a letter today for IA saying they will be informing OPM that I am unsuitable for employment. I can't believe this. I wasn't even given a second polygraph. Is this the equivalent to a DQ? Can I still be issued a NOPA? I'm so upset. Is there anything I can do to get a retest?
            Man I'm sorry, I hope somebody can jump in and maybe give you some options. Possibly Yoda or Merlin?
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Just got my call yesterday to set up my date to do the pft-1. I'm excited to see what I can do and how I score.
              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
              first choice: Florida region
              second choice: Puerto Rico
              Test-8/21/11
              NOR-3/23/12
              Test Management Application-8/16/12
              TSL-2/25/13
              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
              PFT 2-
              The Call-
              E.O.D-

Comment

• can anyone help me with creating a signature. want to start posting my time line.
                Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                first choice: Florida region
                second choice: Puerto Rico
                Test-8/21/11
                NOR-3/23/12
                Test Management Application-8/16/12
                TSL-2/25/13
                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                  Nope, youre pretty much correct. The CR is the second half of the Fiscal 2013 federal budget, it is not what you're hearing about on the news(that is the FY2014 budget most likely). This bill, so far as Ive looked should allow DoD, DHS, and a slew of other agencies some leeway in how the sequester cuts are to be made. It opens up old unused and unwanted accounts that were just holding money over. For Instance, it takes the 500 million that was allotted for Space Shuttle Maintenance( for a shuttle program that doesnt exist) and spreads that money around a bit.

Specifically for DHS, it actually establishes a new baseline operating budget(rather than saying " last years"). For CBP the new budget entail 8.2 billion(for salaries and expenses), but that about it besides stating the overtime figures, etc. It does state that 21,370 border patrol agents are required at a min.

How the passage of this will effect our hopeful jobs is not yet seen, at least by me.I know that these budgets will allow a lot of flexibility, but we are going to have to see how the agency managers see this. The previous language from the house bill that required the agency to keep staffing levels and even backfill has been struck from the bill as the senate created actual budget levels.

Edit: The house just passed the amendments which means the funding is there. I did also get to reading some if a bit more, if DHS decides to keep hiring it seems FLETC has the funding for it.

Edit 2: After reading some others intepretations of the bill, the baseline budgets created for CBP allow for the keeping of current staffing levels, and actually is a slight increase in the amount of funding allowed over the previous years.
                  The thing that grabs my attention is "budgets created for CBP allow for the keeping of current staffing levels." Does this including maintaining staffing levels through hiring? I'm a bit confused.

Nevertheless, thanks again for the updates. They are much appreciated.
                  Written Exam: 07/2011 (Southeast Geo preference)
                  NOR: 08/30/2011 (84 No Vet preference)
                  Switched to SWB Geo preference 12/21/2011
                  TSL 02/16/2012
                  Lasik Eye Correction: 03/12/2012
                  PFT-1: 03/14/2012
                  Medical: 03/27/2012
                  Background: 03/29/2012 (In security office)
                  VBT: 04/30/2012 (Cleared 08/02/2012!)
                  3 Month Lasik Exam: 06/12/2012
                  Poly: 02/27/2013 (Passed?)
                  Drug Test: 03/07/2013 (Cleared 03/14/2013
                  TSU: 03/14/2013
                  The Call:
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by SWB_Hopeful View Post
                    The thing that grabs my attention is "budgets created for CBP allow for the keeping of current staffing levels." Does this including maintaining staffing levels through hiring? I'm a bit confused.

In short, yes. Attrition claims somewhere around 3%-5% of the force annually(anywhere from 600 to 1200), leaving those positions, which are funded, open. The agency has the choice of back-filling those positions using the pool of available candidates(us in TSU and in the process).

This fact does not mean for a certainty that hiring will continue or resume if it stopped. Even if there is budgeting for the current staffing levels to be maintained, agency managers and administration officials still have to make that decision. Congress has appropriated the funds to the agency, but then the managers still have to decide to use them. It is hopeful that hiring will resume, as it would make sense, since they are funded, but we are dealing with the Fed. Gov't, things rarely make sense.
                    CBPO:
                    Test- 05/12
                    TSL1/2-08/12
                    PFT1/Med-09/12
                    VBT/SI-10/12
                    Poly-11/12
                    BI-12/12
                    TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                    Applied- 06/12
                    PFT-07/12
                    CJBAT- 12/12
                    Panel Interview- 01/13
                    BI- in process

FBI

Comment

Hey man quick question...when did you meet your investigator? and at what date did your background clear?
                      CBPO
                      Geo: SWB
                      Written: 8/28/12
                      NOR: 9/12 93%
                      TSL 1+2: 9/12
                      Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
                      VBT + SI: 11/12
                      case sent to IA: 12/27/12
                      Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
                      Poly: ?
                      BI: ?

BPA
                      Written: 3/20/13
                      NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

The letter your received is a NOPA. NOPA= Notice Of Proposed Action. The proposed action is recommending you as unsuitable. It should have contained instructions for you to respond, the time frame you have to do so and the reasons they are recommending unsuitability.

Comment

What did the letter actually say? Did it state you are being given the chance to respond? A NOPA doesn't actually say NOPA. In the letter it will state "This letter notifies you that we propose to find you unsuitable for employment." Key word is propose.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
                            Hey man quick question...when did you meet your investigator? and at what date did your background clear?
                            Good question. I met with my BI on March 12th and it cleared on March 14th.
                            Before I even met with my BI I received an email informing me that I could be offered a position before my background was complete, however, it would be a non sensitive position until my background was completed and I was found suitable for employment. The email contained a form that I had to print out, sign and send them a copy of the signed form. It acknowledged that I am aware that if I was offered a position and I was determined unsuitable for employment due to the BI, I would be terminated. So basically my background was cleared on CASS before it was actually completed.

I do know that my BI told me my case was due from him by March 16th. As you can tell by my signature, I had a long period of nothing between my VBT and the poly and BI, but once things started rolling I flew through the rest of the process and I am now in TSU.

I hope I answered your question and it made sense. Let me know if I left anything out that you would like answered.

Good luck to you!
                            TSL 02/16/2012
                            The Call:
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              In short, yes. Attrition claims somewhere around 3%-5% of the force annually(anywhere from 600 to 1200), leaving those positions, which are funded, open. The agency has the choice of back-filling those positions using the pool of available candidates(us in TSU and in the process).

This fact does not mean for a certainty that hiring will continue or resume if it stopped. Even if there is budgeting for the current staffing levels to be maintained, agency managers and administration officials still have to make that decision. Congress has appropriated the funds to the agency, but then the managers still have to decide to use them. It is hopeful that hiring will resume, as it would make sense, since they are funded, but we are dealing with the Fed. Gov't, things rarely make sense.
                              Thanks! That's an encouraging response. And I read about the ports you were previously offered. I don't disagree with your decision at all. May I ask what ports you are interested in? I did not see that info anywhere, sorry if you already mentioned it.
                              TSL 02/16/2012
                              The Call:
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

Thanks! That's an encouraging response. And I read about the ports you were previously offered. I don't disagree with your decision at all. May I ask what ports you are interested in? I did not see that info anywhere, sorry if you already mentioned it.
                                I specifically wanted San Diego, at San Ysidro. Since the original call, my fiance has agreed to try out one of the other cities too, so Id be alright with Nogales, McAllen, El Paso, somewhere thats not purely a small town. It seems that they are almost always offering spots at San Ysidro since its such a huge port, hopefully this time Ill get it.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

FBI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7164 users online. 378 members and 6786 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X