Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to San Diego in the morning and going to stay the night, got the PFT 2 on Friday. How long is the whole process? and when will you get an email from MHC about a point of contact at your port? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Last edited by Firefox; 02-06-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Firefox, do you know if we gonna be meeting at a track or a building at the college?

Comment

• Just did PFT1 yesterday morning and I know I failed. I haven't been going to the gym regularly and got all of these notifications out of the blue. Definitely wasn't ready for it. Does anyone know if I would still be eligible to apply at a next open period?

Comment

• Hey, guys NYPD here. I'm interested in a lateral to LAPD. Was hoping to speak with anyone from LAPD about the dept. Had some question regarding attaining the CA. post basic waiver. How long does the process take to get on LAPD?
            Got That Call All the waiting was worth it ya buddy!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbfitness View Post
              Hey, guys NYPD here. I'm interested in a lateral to LAPD. Was hoping to speak with anyone from LAPD about the dept. Had some question regarding attaining the CA. post basic waiver. How long does the process take to get on LAPD?
              Wrong Forum

Comment

• Hey guys, I have my PFT2 next Tuesday, but I'll be driving in from out of town the night before. Is it just just show up and start with the blood pressure, etc. or do you first go through any kind of paperwork/medical questions like the PFT1? Just trying to figure out what I need to bring with me to the site. Thanks for your help.
                Last edited by sirve22; 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                  If you applied for Southeast and want the Florida region, I would suggest you change your geo pref if you can. As far as I know, Florida is not included in the southeast region, it is in the Florida and Caribbean geo pref.

As for the rumor, I think there is supposed to be an expansion down at MIA, but otherwise in Central Florida I cant imagine much more, unless one of the ports here wins the contract to be the home port for the next Aircraft carrier, which would mean it would have channels deep enough for commercial carriers and cruise liners.
                  Thank for the correction. I did apply to the Florida region which is what my TSL says. I just want to see what's going to happen to the few ppl that got the TSL on the 25 of February like I did.
                  Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                  first choice: Florida region
                  second choice: Puerto Rico
                  Test-8/21/11
                  NOR-3/23/12
                  Test Management Application-8/16/12
                  TSL-2/25/13
                  PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                  Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                  B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                  V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                  S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                  Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                  PFT 2-
                  The Call-
                  E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                    Thank for the correction. I did apply to the Florida region which is what my TSL says. I just want to see what's going to happen to the few ppl that got the TSL on the 25 of February like I did.
                    Mind if I ask when you tested and what your score was?

Likely you will go through processing like most, but FL is not a priority right now, so it could take a while. When I took my poly in orlando and had my VBT in Tampa, I asked about prospects for florida If I had kept my original geo pref. They basically told me that it would happen eventually, but not to get in a hurry. The POE's here do lose people through attrition and other stuff, but there simply far more people who want to be here in FL than opening. If you still want LEO stuff and want Florida, you might also want to look into the VA police positions. There is a lot of VA stuff happening down here. Good luck sir
                    CBPO:
                    Test- 05/12
                    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                    TSL1/2-08/12
                    PFT1/Med-09/12
                    VBT/SI-10/12
                    Poly-11/12
                    BI-12/12
                    TSU-01/24/13
                    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                    Applied- 06/12
                    PFT-07/12
                    CJBAT- 12/12
                    Panel Interview- 01/13
                    BI- in process

FBI
                    Phase two: probably never

Comment

• for the PFT1 what is the cumulitative score??
                      what's the minimum amount of pushups and sit ups that you must do to pass?? thanks.

Comment

• Hello BOBHOWARD !! Brother I tried to post the link but i couldn't because according to the website i have to have over 100 posts so i can be able to post link that is a complete BS but whatever.

GO to google and type cbpo opm fitness test , and then click on "Fitness Testing Fact Sheet" and you will have the information you are looking for. it shows the table how the score is calculated on your PFt1 good luck in all the process !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                          Mind if I ask when you tested and what your score was?

Likely you will go through processing like most, but FL is not a priority right now, so it could take a while. When I took my poly in orlando and had my VBT in Tampa, I asked about prospects for florida If I had kept my original geo pref. They basically told me that it would happen eventually, but not to get in a hurry. The POE's here do lose people through attrition and other stuff, but there simply far more people who want to be here in FL than opening. If you still want LEO stuff and want Florida, you might also want to look into the VA police positions. There is a lot of VA stuff happening down here. Good luck sir
                          Yeah I tested 8/2011 and got my nor on 3/12 with a score of 82
                          Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                          first choice: Florida region
                          second choice: Puerto Rico
                          Test-8/21/11
                          NOR-3/23/12
                          Test Management Application-8/16/12
                          TSL-2/25/13
                          PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                          Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                          B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                          V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                          S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                          Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                          PFT 2-
                          The Call-
                          E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobhoward View Post
                            for the PFT1 what is the cumulitative score??
                            what's the minimum amount of pushups and sit ups that you must do to pass?? thanks.
                            Minimum to pass the pushups is 12 and situps is 20. Cumulative score is 80, though. Page 11 of the following has the breakdown/scores:

chsmedical. com/dhscbpfitness/Forms/CBPO/CBPO%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Comment

• you guys rock, thanks!!!!

Comment

• Thanks for responding to my question Payniel. The FBI part of your sig cracked me up too because I have a sister-in-law that made it "past" the second round or w/e.

I emailed MHC last week about my pre-employment forms, and guess what? It cleared this week in CASS. Now, I am not advising to hound MHC, but if you see something that you believe should have been cleared by now, like an initial step, when you have already completed others way further down the road, it doesn't hurt to email/call.

So, all I have left is for the qualifications green check and the background investigation. Haven't heard back from my polygraph investigator or a notice that I have failed, and it has been about two months, but I still have my fingers crossed.

Also, I am taking the BP test later this month on the 26th. Figured some stuff might transfer over, and it wouldn't hurt to have an alternate option to becoming a fed.

Originally posted by payniel View Post
                                Soo, just being a political nerd here, but the house just passed a CR on funding for the rest of the year. Included with it were provisions to keep DHS at current staffing levels, to include backfilling vacancies. This means that if it the bill passes the senate and Pres. then there should be no hiring freeze for CBP.

As for Longhorn, there doesnt seem to be a consensus of any timetable for the BI to begin after medical,etc. All I can tell you is that your BI is contracted to a private company, which sends out investigators to meet with you. These investigators have a due date for your paperwork, but as to how that date is decided, I have no idea.
                                From my personal experience, my investigator began pulling my credit and everything in early october, the same month as my medical, but i did not meet with him until December. He also told me that my due date was in mid-late dec.
                                Geo: SWB
                                Written Test: 4/24/12
                                NOR: 100 (no vet preference) 5/25/12
                                TSL1: 6/12/12
                                TSL2: 6/22/12
                                PFT1: 7/10/12 appt. Cleared in CASS
                                Medical: 2/26/12 Cleared in CASS 3/1/12
                                VBT/SI: Cleared in CASS (will get a date for you guys later)
                                Poly 1: 11/2/12
                                Poly 2: 1/25/12
                                Pre-employment forms: Cleared in CASS 3/15/13
                                Qualifications: Emailed 3/28/13 GS-5
                                B.I.: In security office
                                Drug Test: Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8401 users online. 458 members and 7943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X