300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
    CBP Basic Training class begins with 48 students.
    Thanks guys I appreciate the help, just hoping I luck out here before a hiring freeze. Anthony30 am I reading you're signature right are you a current CBP officer? If so have you heard anything concrete as to this sequestration or how it may effect those of us still in this process?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      My opinion...FWIW.

PA:

More physical
      More outdoors
      More "law enforcement"
      More "doing" as opposed to "thinking"

CBPO:

More sedentary
      More indoors
      More "regulatory/administrative enforcement"
      More "thinking' as opposed to "doing"

As a demographic, PA's tend to lean toward being male, more Caucasian/Hispanic, younger, less work experienced, less formally educated, and more physically fit. CBPO's tend to lean toward being more gender diverse, more racially diverse, older, more work experienced, more formally educated, and less physically fit.

A few years back I generally would have said that with most things more or less being equal, lean towards Border Patrol. I probably wouldn't say that today. Border Patrol is currently going through some serious issues. Much like OFO went through 2004-2008.

On top of that, BP is looking at some serious pay reform. Their "cash cow" has apparently died and their 'guaranteed' pay (AOU overtime, FLSA overtime) is likely on the chopping block. Much like as has already happened within OFO, the days of 'guaranteed' 100K BP jobs appears to be vanishing...at least for low-level GS-12's and under.
      Thank you, that was very helpful
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
        Thanks guys I appreciate the help, just hoping I luck out here before a hiring freeze. Anthony30 am I reading you're signature right are you a current CBP officer? If so have you heard anything concrete as to this sequestration or how it may effect those of us still in this process?
        Sequester is here ... Crossing fingers

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
          Soo, I called them back and I accepted Fabens, TX, with an EOD of March 22, and an academy tentatively beginning on May 9th.

I picked Fabens because its close to El paso, so if i want I could prolly pick up OT from there, and Id have a better chance of switching ports that way. Also, because it is the largest of the cities that I had to choose from.

Does anyone know the rules for completing a port swap, specifically, how long you have to wait before doing so?
          even tho I know you didn't pick Fabens
          I dont think there is a bridge in Fabens. I know there is a small airport so I am curious as to whether Fabens is a land POE or the airport. Do you know which it is? does anyone else know?
          CBPO
          Geo: SWB
          Written: 8/28/12
          NOR: 9/12 93%
          TSL 1+2: 9/12
          Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
          VBT + SI: 11/12
          case sent to IA: 12/27/12
          Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
          Poly: ?
          BI: ?

BPA
          Written: 3/20/13
          NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinseto View Post
            Hi,

Does anyone recommend any places to stay for my pre academy in San Ysidro, CA (San diego) ? Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
            Mission Valley area in San Diego. Go to priceline.com and bid for a hotel there. Either that or downtown, but downtown you are going to have to pay a lot $$$ for parking. Do not stay near San Yisdro. Is is a sheethole.

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
              even tho I know you didn't pick Fabens
              I dont think there is a bridge in Fabens. I know there is a small airport so I am curious as to whether Fabens is a land POE or the airport. Do you know which it is? does anyone else know?

From what research I did, there is a land crossing in Fabens, or at least a little south of fabens proper. If you look on google earth, there is a picture of what appears to be a crossing under construction. It is called the Fabens-Caseta Bridge and fabens is listed on the cbp website. If I dont get SYS if and when they call back, I hope I get this one again actually. Smallish border crossing with a cargo port, non 24 hour ops, and located next to a major city.
              CBPO:
              Test- 05/12
              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
              TSL1/2-08/12
              PFT1/Med-09/12
              VBT/SI-10/12
              Poly-11/12
              BI-12/12
              TSU-01/24/13
              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
              Applied- 06/12
              PFT-07/12
              CJBAT- 12/12
              Panel Interview- 01/13
              BI- in process

FBI
              Phase two: probably never

Comment

• hey guys,

just did my VBT/SI today. how long will it take for me to find out if I pass or not? will they email, mail or call you about the result?
                just curios , as i'm 50/50.

Also, received the e-QIP and the BI forms through email yesterday and they want it before 3/11/13. and the fingerprint card should be arriving anytime soon.
                Last edited by keifehr; 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• If I remember correctly I think it was fast. About a week for CASS to update the results, and two weeks for the notification to come in the mail.

Comment

• hi, does anybody knows if it is possible to fail the polygraph and still get a job offer? or is failing the polygraph an automatic disqualification?

Comment

• Originally posted by mac&cheese View Post
                      hi, does anybody knows if it is possible to fail the polygraph and still get a job offer? or is failing the polygraph an automatic disqualification?
                      I know a few people who failed multiple times and were instructed to just withdraw application

Comment

• Anybody in CBP now have any inside news or email of how sequestration effecting that sector particularly, such as hiring freezes?

Comment

• P
                          Originally posted by St. Pauly View Post
                          If I remember correctly I think it was fast. About a week for CASS to update the results, and two weeks for the notification to come in the mail.

Hi st pauly,

You mind turning on your PM. Just have a few questions.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
                            The vbt/interview is no sweet. Wear your suit and tie and be professional. That's about it. Good luck.
                            Gi joe,

I have some questions, you mindnturning on your PM?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                              Anybody in CBP now have any inside news or email of how sequestration effecting that sector particularly, such as hiring freezes?
                              i got an email yesterday but did not read it.so i can assume or comment on what i know now or hear what will happen but i rather reply after i read the email..i dont want to pass out bad info. i will post a reply monday or tuesday after reading it.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Can't really talk about it because of the con. Agreement. But I knew when we finished. Just from the vibe in the room. Sorry for the previous misspellings. Damn auto correct. Background sent in friday by BI. Hopefully that green checks within a few weeks. Peepee test and then the wait. Finally.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10880 users online. 393 members and 10487 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X