300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and thats what I had thought originally after looking through these forums a bit, but when I called she told me multiple factors were in place in determining your place on the list, including both of those things and more. Im guessing that the more things could be vet pref, gender, language proficiency, etc. I was just trying to develop a sense of where I might be, so I can plan my personal budget and then talking to the fiance about when and how things might turn out.
    I'm not so sure about the Vet pref, from what I've seen here Vets get the 5 points and that's it. Gender may play a role as they always need more female officers. Not sure about language though, they could be considering those two emails we got. I doubt it, but you never know.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Well crap.....was just on the delphi site for a few minutes and saw this, a memo from the cbp to the border patrol council. It details what will happen should sequestration go into effect, according to cbp. Lots of pay loss, a 14 day furlough for agents and officers, and fairly important to us here, a hiring freeze for all everything post march timeframe. So if you dont get a March EOD, and the sequester goes through, looks like no hiring. This thing looks legit, but hopefully it wont happen.

I cant post links yet, but you can remove the spaces I add here and bingo.... the space is after the . in .pdf

local2544.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NBPC_Sequestration_Notice-021913. pdf
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• saw that on Delphi too man. Its looking really scary ahead right now. Hopefully those guys can come up with a plan before any sequestration happens. But good thing you are already in TSU payniel!
        CBPO
        Geo: SWB
        Written: 8/28/12
        NOR: 9/12 93%
        TSL 1+2: 9/12
        Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
        VBT + SI: 11/12
        case sent to IA: 12/27/12
        Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
        Poly: ?
        BI: ?

BPA
        Written: 3/20/13
        NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
          saw that on Delphi too man. Its looking really scary ahead right now. Hopefully those guys can come up with a plan before any sequestration happens. But good thing you are already in TSU payniel!
          I believe that the people who make the decisions realize that if they do not come up with a solution the damage done could be irreversable. With that being said I do no think that they will get this deal done before March, but I do believe they will push it out until the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            I believe that the people who make the decisions realize that if they do not come up with a solution the damage done could be irreversable. With that being said I do no think that they will get this deal done before March, but I do believe they will push it out until the end of the year.
            I agree with you about the consequences and that it wont get done before march. Congress is out of session this week, and then there are only 5 days of legislature scheduled until the cuts start. That being said, if we hit March 1st, the only thing that might effect us here will be a pending hire freeze. Congress will still have time to act before a lot of the damage has been fully realized, but that being said, spending cuts are absolutely needed and those cuts have to come from somewhere. With Congresses inability to even the thought of social security/medicare/medicaid reductions or reform, the only place they can come from is the discretionary. Good luck to us all.
            CBPO:
            Test- 05/12
            TSL1/2-08/12
            PFT1/Med-09/12
            VBT/SI-10/12
            Poly-11/12
            BI-12/12
            TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
            Applied- 06/12
            PFT-07/12
            CJBAT- 12/12
            Panel Interview- 01/13
            BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• stay away from government jobs right now.. you will have better luck in the public sector..
              Last edited by lightning8791; 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Probably a long shot but does anyone have any idea when the next CBP officer vacancy announcement might be? I have an application in for the border patrol agent vacancy but would rather be a CBP officer.

Comment

• have you been watching the News man on the Cuts coming down the road??

Comment

• Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
                    have you been watching the News man on the Cuts coming down the road??
                    If I get affected by budget cuts, that would be the second time that it happens to me, meaning that I would have to redo everything a third time. GOOD LUCK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Comment

• I am assuming that all of the class spots have been filled for the two upcoming classes. Has anyone heard anything different with their interactions with the scheduling unit?

Comment

• Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
                        have you been watching the News man on the Cuts coming down the road??
                        Yeah, but I can hope at this point I will take any LEO job I can get pretty much anywhere in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                          I am assuming that all of the class spots have been filled for the two upcoming classes. Has anyone heard anything different with their interactions with the scheduling unit?

Well Ive been looking around for other people who have gotten a call, and it seems that no calls have gone out since last week, with EODs march 18-19 and subsequent FLETC dates in april.
                          I dont know if there are more classes scheduled, but it could be that there might be one more before the end of april, which seems to be when the hiring freeze will begin.

Or it could be filled already and everyone else will have to wait a while, probably until october when the new fiscal year starts, or if and when congress passes a fiscal 13 budget/another CR.

From what I understand it, if you dont have an EOD in March, then no CBPO or BP for you at the moment.

PS. Just called MHC and asked if they knew anything about a coming hiring freeze and was told that there was not one she knew of. The memo was sent out on tuesday I think by the unions so she may have not heard yet, but might give a little hope.
                          Last edited by payniel; 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM.
                          CBPO:
                          Test- 05/12
                          TSL1/2-08/12
                          PFT1/Med-09/12
                          VBT/SI-10/12
                          Poly-11/12
                          BI-12/12
                          TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                          Applied- 06/12
                          PFT-07/12
                          CJBAT- 12/12
                          Panel Interview- 01/13
                          BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                            If I get affected by budget cuts, that would be the second time that it happens to me, meaning that I would have to redo everything a third time. GOOD LUCK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
                            This sequester situation is killing me. I finally get called for the last step and now there might be a hiring freeze. If it happens it will be so defeating. Even worse for you Imbb you've been waiting a year longer then me. I've been meaning to ask how was the poly? Tried to pm you but you must not have it on.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Until March 1st, I don't think they are gonna know anything up at MHC. Or at least nothing that they can tell you officially.

I think they will pull through and at least put it off until the end of the year. At least I hope so.

Comment

• Border patrol in now hiring, till 5/20

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3815 users online. 258 members and 3557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X