Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mustang342 View Post
    Does anyone know when the first promotion starts? I mean does your first year on the job start when you EOD, when you enter / graduate FLETC, or when it's your first day at the port after graduating FLETC.
    Clock ticks on EOD. Promotion is automatic every year (26 pay periods) through GS11. Anything more is competative I believe.

    Comment


    • What are the prospects for Eastern Texas posts? I know they listed few vacancies but does anyone have any other information about it or where most CBPOs are likely to go there?
      CBPO:
      EXAM: 8/08
      NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
      T.O.: 2/2/09
      GEO - E. TX
      Forms - 2/6/09
      Quals - 4/13/09
      Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
      VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
      UDS - 6/24/09
      BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
      Fitness - 3/9/09
      TSU - 7/2/09
      ___________________

      Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
      GEO: VT
      NOR: 99 (GS-11)
      T.O.: 10/28/09
      B.I.: clr 3/12/10
      E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
        What are the prospects for Eastern Texas posts? I know they listed few vacancies but does anyone have any other information about it or where most CBPOs are likely to go there?

        You're willing to go just about anywhere, aren't you?

        I wish I could help, but I know very little about Texas.

        Have you ever thought about applying for Border Patrol? Lots of immigration work there, and arguably a better chance for 'promoting' either within CBP or elsewhere into another FLE position.

        Comment


        • Posts

          Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          You're willing to go just about anywhere, aren't you?

          I wish I could help, but I know very little about Texas.

          Have you ever thought about applying for Border Patrol? Lots of immigration work there, and arguably a better chance for 'promoting' either within CBP or elsewhere into another FLE position.
          Yeah pretty much. Although I prefer the eastern side just b/c most of my family and friends are here.

          I'm not too familiar with Border Patrol. I'll have to look into that position. In the meantime I'll keep you posted...

          Thanks.
          CBPO:
          EXAM: 8/08
          NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
          T.O.: 2/2/09
          GEO - E. TX
          Forms - 2/6/09
          Quals - 4/13/09
          Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
          VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
          UDS - 6/24/09
          BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
          Fitness - 3/9/09
          TSU - 7/2/09
          ___________________

          Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
          GEO: VT
          NOR: 99 (GS-11)
          T.O.: 10/28/09
          B.I.: clr 3/12/10
          E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

          Comment


          • Thought I would shoot this question out in this thread and see if anyone could give any input on this question:

            I have gone through all the hoops for CBP application and have 6/7 green checks in the CASS system (only waiting on BI to clear). I have met with my investigating officer and he has been in touch with me all last week while hes gathered information for my background check.

            Nothing in my background concerns me except the fact that my wife is not a citizen yet (she is from Guatemala). We have been happily married two years but she is only about to get her perm. resident card. This was all noted and gone through with the investigator and he didnt say anything negative. Does anyone think this will hinder my chances of getting that last green check for this job? Ive looked for more info on this and couldnt find anything of concern - has anyone else been in this situation or heard of it? Thanks in advance

            Comment


            • I seem to remember someone else asking this. From what I remember it's going to come down to how she came into the country. If she came illegaly then it probably will raise an eyebrow.

              You have to remeber your BI doesn't make any decisions on you. He simplÿ gathers facts and let's someone determine suitability.



              Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
              Thought I would shoot this question out in this thread and see if anyone could give any input on this question:

              I have gone through all the hoops for CBP application and have 6/7 green checks in the CASS system (only waiting on BI to clear). I have met with my investigating officer and he has been in touch with me all last week while hes gathered information for my background check.

              Nothing in my background concerns me except the fact that my wife is not a citizen yet (she is from Guatemala). We have been happily married two years but she is only about to get her perm. resident card. This was all noted and gone through with the investigator and he didnt say anything negative. Does anyone think this will hinder my chances of getting that last green check for this job? Ive looked for more info on this and couldnt find anything of concern - has anyone else been in this situation or heard of it? Thanks in advance
              ICE IEA

              May 08 Written Test
              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
              July 09 Oral Board
              Background Started 11/16/09

              EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

              Comment


              • I figured as much. She was here legally and attending University/paying her taxes when I met her so I think itll be okay. Just seems a touchy thing given the job im applying for

                Comment


                • Well guys its a new week. Lets hope some calls start going out, good luck.
                  Geo Pref: Miami
                  Score: 92
                  Grade Level: 5
                  EOD: 11/10/2008
                  Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

                  Comment


                  • Cass

                    Hey everyone, has anyone noticed when CASS has been doing its updates? It used to be tues and thurs religiously but now it seems to be wed and fri. Anyone notice the same or anything different? Just waiting on my BI.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Hey everyone, has anyone noticed when CASS has been doing its updates? It used to be tues and thurs religiously but now it seems to be wed and fri. Anyone notice the same or anything different? Just waiting on my BI.
                      All i had left on CASS was my medical. Then i got my EOD call last thursday. I checked CASS on friday night and my medical wasnt cleared. The i check on saturday and everything was cleared. It seems they are backed up but its hard to say what the exact days they update it are.

                      Comment


                      • Hey guys, first time here, I was wondering if anyone know anything about the SFO area?

                        I tested on Aug 21st and received my NOR on Aug 26, but have yet heard anything ever since. Does anyone know if they sent out TO for San Francisco yet and does anyone know the cut off score for San Francisco?

                        Thank you very much.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                          All i had left on CASS was my medical. Then i got my EOD call last thursday. I checked CASS on friday night and my medical wasnt cleared. The i check on saturday and everything was cleared. It seems they are backed up but its hard to say what the exact days they update it are.
                          Yeah maybe they are actually updating as needed for once. Dont know how long youve been a CASS P.O.W., but back in the day it was tues and thurs ONLY, no matter what. Now I guess it just updates whenever. Good luck! Ive already done FLETC, so if you need any tips or tricks, let me know!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by draqon View Post
                            Hey guys, first time here, I was wondering if anyone know anything about the SFO area?

                            I tested on Aug 21st and received my NOR on Aug 26, but have yet heard anything ever since. Does anyone know if they sent out TO for San Francisco yet and does anyone know the cut off score for San Francisco?

                            Thank you very much.
                            Check CASS, normally if youve got a t.o. coming, you'll show up in CASS beforehand.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by shopshop View Post
                              So may I ask, did you hear anything for the past weeks? I am also standing at the Lasik recovery time for 60 more days and my BI still not clear.
                              I haven't heard anything since jul 2nd. i hit my 90 day mark for the lasik surgery on jun 28th. i got cleared on jul 2nd. i have been waiting since. i have not heard a thing.

                              Comment


                              • I noticed that also.... im waiting for the security background... last step

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4730 users online. 272 members and 4458 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X