300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
    I think he means a pt test needs to be passed before one could be promoted. As in failing the pt test would keep you at your current pay rate. Personally this would probably cut budget.
    They'd have to allow Officers to work out on duty in order to have something like that.
    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      They'd have to allow Officers to work out on duty in order to have something like that.

Hmmm...Im getting my sentiment from the military, either youre in shape and up to par, or youre out.
      I guess the union does have some pull, seeing as there is a contract or whatnot. Still makes sense to have officers who are able to actually perform law enforcement duties. But what can we do except make ourselves better incase we get stuck getting backup from the couch potatoes.
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• we are currently runnig the work out program in buffalo, 1 hr a day if you sign up for it. i believe we are the first to start this program.. so yes they are paying us to work out
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
          Hmmm...Im getting my sentiment from the military, either youre in shape and up to par, or youre out.
          I guess the union does have some pull, seeing as there is a contract or whatnot. Still makes sense to have officers who are able to actually perform law enforcement duties. But what can we do except make ourselves better incase we get stuck getting backup from the couch potatoes.
          Right. And CBP is not the military.

I'm definitely not opposed to a person's maintaining good physical capacity and any officer would be best served to do so; however, if there are published standards to physical capacity, then there should be pay involved with maintaining those standards, not a mandate to train to those standards for free.
          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
            Right. And CBP is not the military.

I'm definitely not opposed to a person's maintaining good physical capacity and any officer would be best served to do so; however, if there are published standards to physical capacity, then there should be pay involved with maintaining those standards, not a mandate to train to those standards for free.

I know CBP isnt the military, but as far as I know there are standards for physical capacity, and while it isnt tested after your hired, every law enforcement agency I know of or have applied to says that it is your responsibility to maintain your physical ability. Once again I say that its your responsibility to stay physically fit, but you are not tested. PFT1, PFT2 and then the Tests at FLETC are the physical capacity standards.

Anthony30 has stated they are doing a workout program in Buffalo, so maybe this will come to pass.

Just so you know, Im not at all against giving a financial incentive to keep in shape(IE getting paid to workout, or working out on the clock).

Anyways, signing out for a few days, off to baltimore for a friends wedding.
            CBPO:
            Test- 05/12
            NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
            TSL1/2-08/12
            PFT1/Med-09/12
            VBT/SI-10/12
            Poly-11/12
            BI-12/12
            TSU-01/24/13
            1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
            Applied- 06/12
            PFT-07/12
            CJBAT- 12/12
            Panel Interview- 01/13
            BI- in process

FBI
            Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I'm currently in the Army and have a security clearance. Will they still do a background check and poly on me, or is that skipped for people who already have clearances?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryvian View Post
                I'm currently in the Army and have a security clearance. Will they still do a background check and poly on me, or is that skipped for people who already have clearances?
                They will do their own, including a poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                  They will do their own, including a poly.
                  I figured. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                    Agree. Furthetmore, standars should be met before any promotion could be given. That ensures that the force is in shape.
                    I'd call for scholastic apptitude testing and psychological evaluations for promotions long before I'd call for fitness standards, personally.

Actually, I'd call for both ahead of a fitness standard for everybody ... if I had my way.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 02-15-2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• you guys see the links """
                      Sequestration Could Mean 14-Day Furloughs, RIFs at Homeland Security """

its going to be nice to see what happens around March the 1st..
                      [

Comment

• NW border

New to this forum. Been reading it for over a year now. I was wondering if anyone on here applied to the NW border. I toke my poly monday and passed. Im hoping this saga is close to an end. I tested. August 2011 103 vet preferred.

Comment

• Hello everyone, i jst have a quick question. Des anyone have an idea on when the next vacancy announcement for CBP Officer will appear on USAJOBS again? Thank you for any insight.
                          NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• How do you add timelines?
                            Last edited by gijoeavila; 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM. Reason: figured it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 69Camaro View Post
                              Hello everyone, i jst have a quick question. Des anyone have an idea on when the next vacancy announcement for CBP Officer will appear on USAJOBS again? Thank you for any insight.
                              Depending on if they've met a certain amount of officers hired they will put out another announcement but if the march 1st sequestration takes affect it may be a long time i dont know.... Just keep checking
                              Geo: swb
                              App: 3/26/12
                              Written : 6/12 82%
                              TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                              Med: 9/12
                              VBT: 9/12
                              Quals: 10/12 gs7
                              Poly: 11/12 passed
                              Drug test: 12/12
                              BI: 12/12
                              TSU: 12/27/12
                              The call: 2/06/13
                              EOD: 3/11/13
                              Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Just got the call EOD march 18 picked laredo, texas!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4568 users online. 265 members and 4303 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X