300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
    How much time do they give you to select a location, after the call, from those they offer until they move to another candidate?
    I had 24 hours.
    My original EOD was Feb 19th, but when I called back an hour later it was filled and I was moved to March.
    Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
    What day and do I need to call them to schedule it?
    They will contact you. You should have gotten a contingent offer letter with information.

Comment

• [QUOTE=dreland32;3232457]
      Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
      just got scheduled for my second poly ... cant believe i have to go and do this crap again.
      Hey just do it and get it over with the job is waiting for you

Your totally right. Just go in there do what i gotta do and be confident. I have nothing to hide and i plan on showing that this time. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
      Geo: Central/East
      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
      TSL:11/1/12
      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
      Met BI: 5/29/13
      TSU: 6/13/13
      Drug Test:6/12/13
      PFT 2:
      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• [QUOTE=dreland32;3232457]
        Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
        just got scheduled for my second poly ... cant believe i have to go and do this crap again.
        Hey just do it and get it over with the job is waiting for you
        Your totally right. Just go in there do what i gotta do and be confident. I have nothing to hide and i plan on showing that this time. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
        Geo: Central/East
        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
        TSL:11/1/12
        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
        Met BI: 5/29/13
        TSU: 6/13/13
        Drug Test:6/12/13
        PFT 2:
        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Can someone post the IA phone number on here please? The one I had is not allowing me to leave a message. There are people getting the call who started the process WAY after me, so I need to call IA and see what is going on with my background. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
            Can someone post the IA phone number on here please? The one I had is not allowing me to leave a message. There are people getting the call who started the process WAY after me, so I need to call IA and see what is going on with my background. Thanks.
            Yessir, thats an awful long time in the security office. The number for IA I have is 1 (202) 344-2600 , I dont know if its the one you have, but there it is. I bet your file is laying on someones desk. Goodluck!
            CBPO:
            Test- 05/12
            NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
            TSL1/2-08/12
            PFT1/Med-09/12
            VBT/SI-10/12
            Poly-11/12
            BI-12/12
            TSU-01/24/13
            1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
            Applied- 06/12
            PFT-07/12
            CJBAT- 12/12
            Panel Interview- 01/13
            BI- in process

FBI
            Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I know everyone situation is different and things can cause different time frames, but for the people who recently got the call, what was average time it took your background to clear in Cass after your investigator submitted it?

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                I know everyone situation is different and things can cause different time frames, but for the people who recently got the call, what was average time it took your background to clear in Cass after your investigator submitted it?
                While I haven't got the call just yet, it only took around a month or 1.5 from my investigator submitted his initial report to when it cleared in CASS, and that was a full clear, not provisional. I met him in Nov.(30th) and it cleared in the second week of Jan.
                Last edited by payniel; 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM.
                CBPO:
                Test- 05/12
                TSL1/2-08/12
                PFT1/Med-09/12
                VBT/SI-10/12
                Poly-11/12
                BI-12/12
                TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                Applied- 06/12
                PFT-07/12
                CJBAT- 12/12
                Panel Interview- 01/13
                BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• Well I got a provisional clear and about a week later I got the call from my BI I'm not even sure that my actual background is finished
                  Geo: swb
                  App: 3/26/12
                  Written : 6/12 82%
                  TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                  Med: 9/12
                  VBT: 9/12
                  Quals: 10/12 gs7
                  Poly: 11/12 passed
                  Drug test: 12/12
                  BI: 12/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12
                  The call: 2/06/13
                  EOD: 3/11/13
                  Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
                    Well I got a provisional clear and about a week later I got the call from my BI I'm not even sure that my actual background is finished
                    That'll be great, my investigator gave me vote of confidence that it should go through quick but the process is so random who knows, there's a couple guys from my job that have same EOD as you, hope they keep up with additional classes

Comment

I know everyone situation is different and things can cause different time frames, but for the people who recently got the call, what was average time it took your background to clear in Cass after your investigator submitted it?
                      My BI investigator finished my investigation at the very end of December. I called MHC a couple weeks ago and they told me it might take a while b/c after they get all of the info from the investigator Homeland Security does it's own investigation. I really have no clue how this background investigation works, I just hope to get a call sometime soon, lol.
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                      TSU: 3/28/13
                      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                        My BI investigator finished my investigation at the very end of December. I called MHC a couple weeks ago and they told me it might take a while b/c after they get all of the info from the investigator Homeland Security does it's own investigation. I really have no clue how this background investigation works, I just hope to get a call sometime soon, lol.
                        The actual investigator you talked with and who collected the initial info is a contractor, working for one of a few different companies. They do their initial reports, which they run through their compliance, and then send it to DHS IA. DHS then does its own review of the documents sent to them from the contractor, and hopefully, if everything is copacetic with the stuff they got sent, you get that green check mark. I'm sure DHS IA sometimes finds things on the paper trail that they may need extra of, so the packet gets sent back down until that information is collected.

I've talked with a few investigators over the past 5-6 years while being a part of other peoples TS/SCI, as well as this last time for my own, and the contracted investigators often procrastinate on their end. They have a certain amount of time that the investigation is allowed to take(or they dont get paid), and sometimes only have a few days to get it all done in, meaning it does come back down for lots of small reasons, crossing your t's and dotting your i's. Hopefully everyone gets motivated and competent investigators and adjudicators.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI

Comment

That'll be great, my investigator gave me vote of confidence that it should go through quick but the process is so random who knows, there's a couple guys from my job that have same EOD as you, hope they keep up with additional classes
                          Sorry to burst you bubble, but my investigator told me the same thing an look how long I've been waiting. You can't compare your timeline to others it's just to unpredictable.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                            Can someone post the IA phone number on here please? The one I had is not allowing me to leave a message. There are people getting the call who started the process WAY after me, so I need to call IA and see what is going on with my background. Thanks.
                            The number that Paniel gave you is the BI number I have as well. You usually have to leave a message and they call you back. If you miss their follow up call then you have to call again. I've had a lot of luck calling Friday mornings and getting a call back that day. Any other day for me they call the next day or not at all. They sometimes don't call back, but more often then not they do. I spoke with another guy here and he called and they actually picked up. So you never know. Also I have seen plenty of people get the call before me over the last two years. It's unfortunate and frustrating to watch people pass you, but all you can do is be patient. Believe me I know how hard being patient can be. Just don't call IA to often, I feel they get a little angry about that.
                            Last edited by Rms16; 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              The actual investigator you talked with and who collected the initial info is a contractor, working for one of a few different companies. They do their initial reports, which they run through their compliance, and then send it to DHS IA. DHS then does its own review of the documents sent to them from the contractor, and hopefully, if everything is copacetic with the stuff they got sent, you get that green check mark. I'm sure DHS IA sometimes finds things on the paper trail that they may need extra of, so the packet gets sent back down until that information is collected.

I've talked with a few investigators over the past 5-6 years while being a part of other peoples TS/SCI, as well as this last time for my own, and the contracted investigators often procrastinate on their end. They have a certain amount of time that the investigation is allowed to take(or they dont get paid), and sometimes only have a few days to get it all done in, meaning it does come back down for lots of small reasons, crossing your t's and dotting your i's. Hopefully everyone gets motivated and competent investigators and adjudicators.
                              Ya I thought I was almost in the clear when I heard my file was assigned an adjudicator back in Oct 2011. Then nothing and now I'm probably at the bottom of the line for a poly.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                                While I haven't got the call just yet, it only took around a month or 1.5 from my investigator submitted his initial report to when it cleared in CASS, and that was a full clear, not provisional. I met him in Nov.(30th) and it cleared in the second week of Jan.
                                Wow, that turn over time from meeting BI to full clearance in CASS is very impressive. You see that sometimes, but not very often. It's like finding Bigfoot and having a sit down dinner with him haha.
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4326 users online. 272 members and 4054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X