Medical & PFT1: 10/15/12
    VBT & S.I.: 10/22/12
    DRUG TEST: 1/25/13
    POLY: 11/16/12
    B.I.: 1/10/13
    Ref. Scheduling: 1/24/13
    PFT2: ?
    EOD: ?
    hey ncls12 could you turn ur private messages on? would like to ask you a couple of questions
    CBPO
    Geo: SWB
    Written: 8/28/12
    NOR: 9/12 93%
    TSL 1+2: 9/12
    Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
    VBT + SI: 11/12
    case sent to IA: 12/27/12
    Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
    Poly: ?
    BI: ?

BPA
    Written: 3/20/13
    NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Peops, I worry about my Spanish. I am just starting to learn it and don't think I will be fluent in 6 months... what should I do? Is Spanish a must must, or can there be some workarounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
        Yeahh, fingers crossed!!

Hey User, since you live around there, Would you please tell me how is San Diego/ San Ysidro compared to NYC in general?
        Cost of living is pretty comparable = expensive. But if you are used it, then you won't see much a different in that aspect. Weather is another story, they don't call it Sunny San Diego for nothing. Our winter consists of a few clouds 67 degrees lol and doesn't last long. It was 75 the other day. There is a lot of green here, grass, trees... lots of living space, but also like NY, lots of different cultures mixing together.
        BPA
        Applied (CA): 08/02/11
        TSU: 01/03/13
        The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
        Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
        Written Test: 04/19/12
        NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
        TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
        Pre-Employment forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
        PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
        Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
        VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
        Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
        Background Investigation: Completed
        Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
        BI Meeting: 12/20/12
        TSU: 12/27/12
        The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
          hey ncls12 could you turn ur private messages on? would like to ask you a couple of questions
          PM is on. I just havn't posted enough to contact others yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
            Peops, I worry about my Spanish. I am just starting to learn it and don't think I will be fluent in 6 months... what should I do? Is Spanish a must must, or can there be some workarounds.
            Frisco, make friends and speak regularly with native Spanish speakers. If you're able to get a Spanish speaking girlfriend I'd say you'd make the most progress. That's how I picked up Portuguese. If all else fails, there's always the pricey Rosetta Stone software. No doubt that the additional 6 week Spanish immersion classes at FLETC are top notch. I'm sure you'll do well with your motivation, practice and perseverence. Buena suerte!
            GEO: SWB
            CBP test - 08/24/12 - Fayetville, NC.
            TSL1/TSL2 - 10/15/12
            VBT/SI - 10/19/12 - LAX Re-sched
            Medical - 10/23/12 - Cleared 02/04/13
            PFT1 - 10/23/12 - Cleared 12/7/12
            Forms/Eqip - 10/25/12 - Sent
            Forms - 01/09/13 - Selective Serv
            Forms/Eqip - 01/21/13 - Re-submitted
            VBT/SI - 01/29/13 - Norfolk, VA. - Cleared
            Drug test - ???
            BI - Pending - Security Office

Comment

• Been dating Latin girl for 4 years, we even live together! never bothered learning before. I actually got Rosetta Stone and currently on the first level. Throughout the day, how often do cbpo use Spanish, let's say at San Ysidro, CA.

ps. I am Russian. Fluent in Russian and Ukranian languages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                Frisco, make friends and speak regularly with native Spanish speakers. If you're able to get a Spanish speaking girlfriend I'd say you'd make the most progress. That's how I picked up Portuguese. If all else fails, there's always the pricey Rosetta Stone software. No doubt that the additional 6 week Spanish immersion classes at FLETC are top notch. I'm sure you'll do well with your motivation, practice and perseverence. Buena suerte!
                Rosetta Stone is pricey! I'd hold off till u actually get the job. You get the download free compliments of the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
                  can anyone confirm this?
                  NO, i lived 8 miles from my old port and was giving it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                    Gregg can you share the circumstances why they're scheduling a second poly? That is, if its not personal administrative.
                    i havent the slightest idea. i was honest with her about absolutely everything. I have never done a drug in my life and she kept accusing me of having knowledge of a major violent crime. Its such a messed up process. She interrogated me for 2 hours trying to get me to admit to something that i never did. She didnt even have specifics she just said "i know something is bothering you, if you tell me what it is i can move this whole process along for you." I wasnt buying into any of that garbage. Definitely the most helpless feeling in the world being told your hiding something, when in reality, your not.
                    CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                    Geo: Central/East
                    NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                    TSL:11/1/12
                    Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                    Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                    Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                    VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                    Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                    Met BI: 5/29/13
                    TSU: 6/13/13
                    Drug Test:6/12/13
                    PFT 2:
                    EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Also if you currently work for TSA you get Rosetta Stone for free as well
                      Geo: swb
                      App: 3/26/12
                      Written : 6/12 82%
                      TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                      Med: 9/12
                      VBT: 9/12
                      Quals: 10/12 gs7
                      Poly: 11/12 passed
                      Drug test: 12/12
                      BI: 12/12
                      TSU: 12/27/12
                      The call: 2/06/13
                      EOD: 3/11/13
                      Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                        i havent the slightest idea. i was honest with her about absolutely everything. I have never done a drug in my life and she kept accusing me of having knowledge of a major violent crime. Its such a messed up process. She interrogated me for 2 hours trying to get me to admit to something that i never did. She didnt even have specifics she just said "i know something is bothering you, if you tell me what it is i can move this whole process along for you." I wasnt buying into any of that garbage. Definitely the most helpless feeling in the world being told your hiding something, when in reality, your not.
                        A second poly is always better than a first fail.
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                        TSU: 3/28/13
                        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Hey, if any one here got assigned either San Ysidro/Otay Mesa/ San Diego Airport and need a place to stay for pre-academy from around March 20th. Hit me up. I have decent sized room with on-suite bath available for rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                            Been dating Latin girl for 4 years, we even live together! never bothered learning before. I actually got Rosetta Stone and currently on the first level. Throughout the day, how often do cbpo use Spanish, let's say at San Ysidro, CA.

ps. I am Russian. Fluent in Russian and Ukranian languages.
                            Privet Frisco, Kak dela? In CBP's website under "reporting for duty and training" it says the following about Language ability

Language Ability: At some duty locations, the CBP Officers may be required to be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking a language other than English at the start of employment. For example, Spanish is required for duty locations along the Southwest Border, primarily in Southern California, New Mexico, Arizona, Western and Southwestern Texas, as well as Miami, Florida; and Puerto Rico. Should you be selected for a position in a duty location that requires proficiency in Spanish, you will be required to either pass a Spanish language proficiency examination or attend a 6-week long Spanish immersion class, which you must pass. The 6-week program may extend your initial basic training at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Academy at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Brunswick, Georgia. Other locations may also require fluency in Spanish or another language."

It is undisputed that you will use Spanish frequently at SWB locations. Your girlfriend and your Rosetta Stone should help you with the baby steps before you start running with Spanish at FLETC. Native Spanish speakers at FLETC should be high on your list to befriend. If I run into you at FLETC, I'll definitely help you with Spanish, You've gotta teach me some Russian thou
                            GEO: SWB
                            CBP test - 08/24/12 - Fayetville, NC.
                            TSL1/TSL2 - 10/15/12
                            VBT/SI - 10/19/12 - LAX Re-sched
                            Medical - 10/23/12 - Cleared 02/04/13
                            PFT1 - 10/23/12 - Cleared 12/7/12
                            Forms/Eqip - 10/25/12 - Sent
                            Forms - 01/09/13 - Selective Serv
                            Forms/Eqip - 01/21/13 - Re-submitted
                            VBT/SI - 01/29/13 - Norfolk, VA. - Cleared
                            Drug test - ???
                            BI - Pending - Security Office

Comment

• Got the call today offered a bunch of stations.

Current leaders are Eagle Pass, Brownsville and maybe Hidalgo or Rome, TX

Any input on those?

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                                Got the call today offered a bunch of stations.

Current leaders are Eagle Pass, Brownsville and maybe Hidalgo or Rome, TX

Any input on those?
                                I think Brownsville is the best of the bunch, you are close to McAllen and close to the water. Just my thoughts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8425 users online. 199 members and 8226 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X