Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know quite a few people got the call last week, but are there currently any vacencies in the SWB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      Albert, you have to leave a message and they will call you back. That's the only way to get a response, I find if I call Friday morning by 12, 1 the latest they call back. Just make sure you pick up. If you miss the call they sometimes leave a message and sometimes don't. Either way you will have to call back. Just follow the prompts on the automated system and it will guide you where you need to go.

Edit: Friday is the only day I've ever gotten a call back the same day. Any other day they call back max two days...sometimes. After two days if you get no response, then call again
      Thanx! that helped. Called again but chose different options to get through. someone actually answered and spoke to me right then.
      Said they were just waiting on my new re-submitted fingerprints to get there and then the BI can continue and next the Polygraph
      CBPO
      Geo: SWB
      Written: 8/28/12
      NOR: 9/12 93%
      TSL 1+2: 9/12
      Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
      VBT + SI: 11/12
      case sent to IA: 12/27/12
      Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
      Poly: ?
      BI: ?

BPA
      Written: 3/20/13
      NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by albert7 View Post
        Thanx! that helped. Called again but chose different options to get through. someone actually answered and spoke to me right then.
        Said they were just waiting on my new re-submitted fingerprints to get there and then the BI can continue and next the Polygraph
        Nice I've actually never gotten them to pick up. Don't get too excited about the poly coming, not to burst your bubble but my file had been forwarded to the poly dept. last August and I'm still waiting. You could be different though, It may just be bc I'm in NY. Why did you have to re-submit your fingerprints?
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
          So I know quite a few people got the call last week, but are there currently any vacencies in the SWB?
          Likely yes, Most vacancies at all are along the SWB. I know you've prolly heard this before, but just gotta be patient. We've only been in TSU about 2 weeks, the people who have been receiving calls(if you look at their timelines) were in nearly a month or more before the calls. Spend your anxious energy getting ready for the move and the academy/PFT2. I know when I get anxious about getting the call, I make a trip to my gym for a workout, or the local floor for some pushups.
          CBPO:
          Test- 05/12
          NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
          TSL1/2-08/12
          PFT1/Med-09/12
          VBT/SI-10/12
          Poly-11/12
          BI-12/12
          TSU-01/24/13
          1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
          Applied- 06/12
          PFT-07/12
          CJBAT- 12/12
          Panel Interview- 01/13
          BI- in process

FBI
          Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
            So I know quite a few people got the call last week, but are there currently any vacencies in the SWB?
            I just got called today!!!! And I was given at least 12 different ports
            Geo: swb
            App: 3/26/12
            Written : 6/12 82%
            TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
            Med: 9/12
            VBT: 9/12
            Quals: 10/12 gs7
            Poly: 11/12 passed
            Drug test: 12/12
            BI: 12/12
            TSU: 12/27/12
            The call: 2/06/13
            EOD: 3/11/13
            Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
              Would you mind posting those ports for us waiting folks please? Pretty Please!!!??

PS. Congratulations good sir!
              Last edited by payniel; 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM.
              CBPO:
              Test- 05/12
              TSL1/2-08/12
              PFT1/Med-09/12
              VBT/SI-10/12
              Poly-11/12
              BI-12/12
              TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
              Applied- 06/12
              PFT-07/12
              CJBAT- 12/12
              Panel Interview- 01/13
              BI- in process

FBI

Comment

Congrats man!! So my calculations were off by 2 days lol :P Hey, can you post all the ports that you were offered? Thanks.
                BPA
                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                TSU: 01/03/13
                The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                Written Test: 04/19/12
                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                Background Investigation: Completed
                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                BI Meeting: 12/20/12

Comment

• Hey guys! Been a lurker for quite some time now. I applied a couple of years back but never heard anything so I really thought that was that. Well, I finally received a TSL last month and a follow up with all of the required forms that I needed to complete. Because of the huge time difference, they tried to call me at I believe around 3AM my time. It was too late when I finally woke up and heard the phone ringing. I guess I'll be calling them back tonight to schedule my medical and fitness test. What does the medical entail? I've never really had one done before and I'm a bit nervous for some reason! And the first fitness test doesn't involve the 1.5 mile run, right?

Thanks in advance!

May

Comment

• Hey All! like some of you, I am also in the TSU now since 1/24/2013, took the test back in 7/2012. My dilemma now is that I just got an acceptance letter from University of Arizona to study Public Administration with emphasis on criminal justice. Now I am debating should I take the job (when they call) or go go to school? what do yall think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ganster piggy View Post
                      Hey All! like some of you, I am also in the TSU now since 1/24/2013, took the test back in 7/2012. My dilemma now is that I just got an acceptance letter from University of Arizona to study Public Administration with emphasis on criminal justice. Now I am debating should I take the job (when they call) or go go to school? what do yall think?
                      This is of course my personal opinion but if you are able to go to school now, then by all means go to school. What if 1 day, month, year into the job you become partially disabled or something of that nature and you are never able to ever work in law enforcement again. It will be nice to have something to fall back on. Also, a degree will open up more doors for you down the road in any agency you decide to work for. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
                      BPA
                      Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                      TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                      Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                      Written Test: 04/19/12
                      NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                      TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                      Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                      PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                      Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                      VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                      Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                      Background Investigation: Completed
                      Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                      BI Meeting: 12/20/12

Comment

• Originally posted by May View Post
                        Hey guys! Been a lurker for quite some time now. I applied a couple of years back but never heard anything so I really thought that was that. Well, I finally received a TSL last month and a follow up with all of the required forms that I needed to complete. Because of the huge time difference, they tried to call me at I believe around 3AM my time. It was too late when I finally woke up and heard the phone ringing. I guess I'll be calling them back tonight to schedule my medical and fitness test. What does the medical entail? I've never really had one done before and I'm a bit nervous for some reason! And the first fitness test doesn't involve the 1.5 mile run, right?

Thanks in advance!

May
                        The medical entails a full medical workup, including an EKG, eye sight and hearing tests, as well as the normal things at the doctors, for say a sports physical. The PFT1 is listed at chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitness/Forms/CBPO/CBPO%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf , if it decides to load. If you are marginally in shape you should be able to pass this test, with the most difficult portion being the step-test(IMO), and thats not hard really, just the step count was a bit difficult to stay with sometimes. Personally, I maxed all graded aspects of the test, and could have kept going. Still, though, you should probably try a dry run through if youve never done it before. I believe there is a sound recording around here for the step test counter, but I dont know where that was posted.

I would have actually linked the page, but i dont have 100 posts yet, so just copy paste that.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• Originally posted by ganster piggy View Post
                          Hey All! like some of you, I am also in the TSU now since 1/24/2013, took the test back in 7/2012. My dilemma now is that I just got an acceptance letter from University of Arizona to study Public Administration with emphasis on criminal justice. Now I am debating should I take the job (when they call) or go go to school? what do yall think?
                          I agree with USER on this one, if your able to financially and have the motivation to do well in school, then go. A Bachelors degree is becoming the standard of education out in the job market now, and will open a lot of other doors if you have any changes of mind on your career. On the other hand, if they offer you a port near where you can get to school, you might be able to do both if your patient and hardworking. I plan on getting my masters degree in public admin once I start my career in LE.
                          CBPO:
                          Test- 05/12
                          TSL1/2-08/12
                          PFT1/Med-09/12
                          VBT/SI-10/12
                          Poly-11/12
                          BI-12/12
                          TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                          Applied- 06/12
                          PFT-07/12
                          CJBAT- 12/12
                          Panel Interview- 01/13
                          BI- in process

FBI

Comment

Congrats man!! Seeing posts like this keep this "patiently waiting" phase pass a little easier ha. Hope all the best for you here. And like a couple of the other guys have already asked would you mind posting the locations you were offered? Congrats again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              Likely yes, Most vacancies at all are along the SWB. I know you've prolly heard this before, but just gotta be patient. We've only been in TSU about 2 weeks, the people who have been receiving calls(if you look at their timelines) were in nearly a month or more before the calls. Spend your anxious energy getting ready for the move and the academy/PFT2. I know when I get anxious about getting the call, I make a trip to my gym for a workout, or the local floor for some pushups.
                              Ya, I realize this is the point in the process where patience is key and I understand that. And I too have found a pretty regular work out routine to be quite useful in this phase of the process haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                                Nice I've actually never gotten them to pick up. Don't get too excited about the poly coming, not to burst your bubble but my file had been forwarded to the poly dept. last August and I'm still waiting. You could be different though, It may just be bc I'm in NY. Why did you have to re-submit your fingerprints?
                                First fingerprints were low quality so they made me re-submit them.
                                I know poly might take a while just wishful positive thinking

lady said to call back early next week check again if they arrived.
                                CBPO
                                Geo: SWB
                                Written: 8/28/12
                                NOR: 9/12 93%
                                TSL 1+2: 9/12
                                Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
                                VBT + SI: 11/12
                                case sent to IA: 12/27/12
                                Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
                                Poly: ?
                                BI: ?

BPA
                                Written: 3/20/13
                                NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9808 users online. 178 members and 9630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X