Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently an undergrad at Texas A&M University graduating in May. I have completed all stages of the hiring process except for PFT2 at FLETC. I just have to send in my transcripts when I graduate in May so I can qualify as a GS-7. The announcement allowed college seniors graduating in May or earlier to apply... I'm wondering if anybody is in the same boat as me, or if I'm one of the younger ones on here.

A couple other questions: I've heard some people say that you can call MHC every day after your initial port selection and ask if other ones you want have opened up. Is this true?

Secondly, do any of you have opinions on the different Texas/Mexico POEs. It's El Paso vs. The Valley vs. Laredo for me right now... because each of them have a university where my potential future wife could finish Nursing school. I favor El Paso right now, but hopefully I get offered one of them.

Finally, do any of you have suggestions on the best way to quickly acquire housing in these areas while making a good decision? Especially in the small ports like Columbus and Presidio... they don't even have apartments there.

Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 07/2012 - 95 No Vet
    TSL 1 & 2: 08/2012
    Medical & PFT 1: 09/2012
    VBT/SI: 10/2012
    Polygraph: 11/2012
    Drug Test: 12/2012
    BI: Completed 12/2012
    Qual (GS-7): Pending Graduation
    PFT2: ???
    EOD: ???
    NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
    TSL1: 8/14/2012
    TSL2: 8/16/2012
    PFT1: 9/17/2012
    Poly: 11/14/2012
    Drug Test: 12/7/2012
    BI: cleared 12/2012
    Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
    TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
    EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• IrvingAg13 - El Paso would be my first choice as well. obviously because I live here. but based on ur situation,
      -UTEP has one of the best Nursing programs in the country right now
      - El Paso was just rated #1 safest city in the US for 3rd year in a row w/ pop over 500k
      -housing and cost of living here are pretty low

so yes I would love to have El Paso offered to me when the time arrives.

PS: I'm very jealous of ur timeline!
      CBPO
      Written: 8/28/12
      NOR: 9/12 93%
      TSL 1+2: 9/12
      Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
      VBT + SI: 11/12
      case sent to IA: 12/27/12
      Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
      Poly: ?
      BI: ?

BPA
      Written: 3/20/13
      NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Thanks for all of that, Albert. Those are the same things my research showed me. My brother and I visited during Winter Break and were quite impressed. I'm starting to get the feeling, however, that it might be a desired port... so I doubt I'll be offered it. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for Fabens and maybe even El Paso.

Kind of worried about my gringo Spanish... need to brush up on it and then hopefully pass the test at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
          Kind of worried about my gringo Spanish... need to brush up on it and then hopefully pass the test at FLETC.
          If you're lucky, you won't pass the Spanish test. I was disappointed that I failed mine in Artesia and had to go to Spanish Academy. I didn't learn any Spanish, but I did learn a lot about the work. It was well worth staying over.
          Gek.

Comment

Thanks for all of that, Albert. Those are the same things my research showed me. My brother and I visited during Winter Break and were quite impressed. I'm starting to get the feeling, however, that it might be a desired port... so I doubt I'll be offered it. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for Fabens and maybe even El Paso.

No problem!

could you turn your private messaging on? I would like to ask you a couple questions
            CBPO
            Written: 8/28/12
            NOR: 9/12 93%
            TSL 1+2: 9/12
            Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
            VBT + SI: 11/12
            case sent to IA: 12/27/12
            Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
            Poly: ?
            BI: ?

BPA
            Written: 3/20/13
            NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

I'm currently an undergrad at Texas A&M University graduating in May. I have completed all stages of the hiring process except for PFT2 at FLETC. I just have to send in my transcripts when I graduate in May so I can qualify as a GS-7. The announcement allowed college seniors graduating in May or earlier to apply... I'm wondering if anybody is in the same boat as me, or if I'm one of the younger ones on here.

A couple other questions: I've heard some people say that you can call MHC every day after your initial port selection and ask if other ones you want have opened up. Is this true?

Secondly, do any of you have opinions on the different Texas/Mexico POEs. It's El Paso vs. The Valley vs. Laredo for me right now... because each of them have a university where my potential future wife could finish Nursing school. I favor El Paso right now, but hopefully I get offered one of them.

Finally, do any of you have suggestions on the best way to quickly acquire housing in these areas while making a good decision? Especially in the small ports like Columbus and Presidio... they don't even have apartments there.

CBPO Exam: 07/2012 - 95 No Vet
              TSL 1 & 2: 08/2012
              Medical & PFT 1: 09/2012
              VBT/SI: 10/2012
              Polygraph: 11/2012
              Drug Test: 12/2012
              BI: Completed 12/2012
              Qual (GS-7): Pending Graduation
              PFT2: ???
              EOD: ???
              I also am waiting to graduate in May. My qualifications passed as a G-7 already and I have also completed all of the steps. Just waiting to be scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                If you're lucky, you won't pass the Spanish test. I was disappointed that I failed mine in Artesia and had to go to Spanish Academy. I didn't learn any Spanish, but I did learn a lot about the work. It was well worth staying over.
                Sooooo did you pass the Spanish Academy? haha. If you didn't learn any Spanish then how is it working on the border? You can lose your offer if you don't know enough Spanish after the Academy, right?

Comment

• Okay, I THINK I turned my private messages on.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
                    I also am waiting to graduate in May. My qualifications passed as a G-7 already and I have also completed all of the steps. Just waiting to be scheduled.
                    How did your qualifications pass if you haven't graduated yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                      Had my credit pulled for a second time a week and a half ago. Is that normal? I'm guessing CBPO can pull credit as much as they want to. Has anybody else experienced this?
                      Yea mine got pulled again 1/23/13. Right after I met my investigator

Comment

How did your qualifications pass if you haven't graduated yet?
                        I have been wondering that same exact thing. Lol I didn't think it was possible for it to pass because to technically be qualified I will have to have my degree; but it cleared in CASS and now the system tells me that I have been referred to the scheduling unit.

Comment

I have been wondering that same exact thing. Lol I didn't think it was possible for it to pass because to technically be qualified I will have to have my degree; but it cleared in CASS and now the system tells me that I have been referred to the scheduling unit.
                          What kind of previous work experience do you have? It was probably good enough to qualify you at 7.

Comment

Well hopefully they don't schedule you for before graduation lol

Comment

• Any views on the official cbp side arm? I currently carry the beretta 92D (govt model)

Comment

Well hopefully they don't schedule you for before graduation lol
                                Lol that's what I'm kinda afraid of. I don't have any previous work experience other than working at Lowes. I am 22 and have been a full time student since high school. I know that my GPA qualifies me for the 7 and I am in a few honors societies that will also qualify me; but I joined those after I had already sent my paper work off and applied, so I don't think they even know about the honors societies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12319 users online. 232 members and 12087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X