300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
    Okay guys, I got the call this morning at 0823 PST. I was offered both CBPO and BPA positions. CBPO: I was offered Presido, Laredo, and Columbus. BPA: I was offered RGC and Falfurrias. I had already told myself that if I was going to be forced to leave San Diego for both positions that I would end up taking BP. If they would have offered anything in California, I would've loved to have stayed and I would have gone with CBP. But hey, at least by declining CBPO, I left a spot open for one of you I wish everyone here the best of luck, you guys have been my anchor and moral support, without this forum I would have gone insane a long time ago lol.
    That's great! I would have done the exact same thing.

Comment

• wow lots of calls going out lately. good luck to you guys and wish you guys the best!!
      now late 2012 August testers should follow soon...im going a little crazy anxiously waiting now lol
      CBPO
      Geo: SWB
      Written: 8/28/12
      NOR: 9/12 93%
      TSL 1+2: 9/12
      Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
      VBT + SI: 11/12
      case sent to IA: 12/27/12
      Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
      Poly: ?
      BI: ?

BPA
      Written: 3/20/13
      NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• What are the best and worst ports for swb?

Comment

• Congrats to everyone getting "The Call". Happy for you guys and your families. Hoping that the job is more than what you all expected. Best of luck in FLETC!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

Okay guys, I got the call this morning at 0823 PST. I was offered both CBPO and BPA positions. CBPO: I was offered Presido, Laredo, and Columbus. BPA: I was offered RGC and Falfurrias. I had already told myself that if I was going to be forced to leave San Diego for both positions that I would end up taking BP. If they would have offered anything in California, I would've loved to have stayed and I would have gone with CBP. But hey, at least by declining CBPO, I left a spot open for one of you I wish everyone here the best of luck, you guys have been my anchor and moral support, without this forum I would have gone insane a long time ago lol.
            Congrats man!!!
            GEO: Northeast
            Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
            TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
            e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
            Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
            PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
            VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
            Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
            Qualifications: Pending
            Drug Screening: Pending
            BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
            Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• thanks everyone for the support, congrats user and everyone else hope things keep moving along. best of luck everyone, continue to work hard and train hard.
              CBPO
              App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
              Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
              ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
              APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
              PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
              Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

User I can tell you that Fal. has some pretty good opportunities. It was the last station I was assigned to when I resigned. Yes, it is a checkpoint, but they do field work and roadway interdiction too. It's a nice little town and you're not too far away from Kingsville and Corpus Christi (though both of those are a little far to drive each day). RGC being right on the border also has some good work being right on the Rio Grande. Originally I was stationed just down river at McAllen, which is a nice town...especially for a border town. We only worked up the river to La Joya. It starts getting more desert in that area (lots of cactus and mesquite). Both are good choices though. Good luck!!!
                Last edited by 66Pony; 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Laredo is a large city (compared to other border towns/cities), and you will most likely find out that most CBPO officers live within the city. Like any city, there are some nice areas, and there are some areas to avoid. If you are use to being in the city, Laredo is one of the better choices along the border. I consider El Paso, McAllen, and Brownsville good choices when it comes to living conditions along the Texas border. Good luck.
                  Posting my application timeline below-

CBPO Applicant
                  Geographic Location: Southwest (Hoping for the McAllen area)
                  Pre Employment Forms 8/2011 (Complete)
                  Qualifications 2/2012 (Complete)
                  Written Test: 8/2011 (Complete)
                  Fitness Test 1 11/2011 (Complete)
                  Medical Test 11/2011 (Complete)
                  Video Based Test & Structured Interview: 11/2011 (Complete)
                  Drug Test: Pending : 05/22/2012 (Complete)
                  Background Investigation: Pending Still waiting!

Comment

Congrats man!! And thanks for all the info. You've been providing. Best of luck on these final steps.

Comment

• Well looking at the similar timelines for those of you who have been getting "the call" here within the past few days I can only hope I'll be getting a call here soon myself. Again congrats to all of you who have received the offers, and the best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
                        Well looking at the similar timelines for those of you who have been getting "the call" here within the past few days I can only hope I'll be getting a call here soon myself. Again congrats to all of you who have received the offers, and the best of luck.
                        Same here, we both went into TSU the same date.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13
                        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI
                        Phase two: probably never

Comment

• In the TSU are positions given out by TSU date or by the TSL date????
                          Geo: swb
                          App: 3/26/12
                          Written : 6/12 82%
                          TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                          Med: 9/12
                          VBT: 9/12
                          Quals: 10/12 gs7
                          Poly: 11/12 passed
                          Drug test: 12/12
                          BI: 12/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The call: 2/06/13
                          EOD: 3/11/13
                          Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
                            In the TSU are positions given out by TSU date or by the TSL date????
                            As Far as I have looked by people saying on this forum as well as at the delphi one, it is by TSU cert date, so the date that says you entered TSU. After that its by TSL date. For instance, ncls and I entered tsu on the same date, but whichever one of us has an earlier TSL date should theoretically get a call first.
                            CBPO:
                            Test- 05/12
                            NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                            TSL1/2-08/12
                            PFT1/Med-09/12
                            VBT/SI-10/12
                            Poly-11/12
                            BI-12/12
                            TSU-01/24/13
                            1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                            Applied- 06/12
                            PFT-07/12
                            CJBAT- 12/12
                            Panel Interview- 01/13
                            BI- in process

FBI
                            Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Well I've been in the TSU since December I guess because the times are so close I guess then it would go by tsl
                              Geo: swb
                              App: 3/26/12
                              Written : 6/12 82%
                              TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                              Med: 9/12
                              VBT: 9/12
                              Quals: 10/12 gs7
                              Poly: 11/12 passed
                              Drug test: 12/12
                              BI: 12/12
                              TSU: 12/27/12
                              The call: 2/06/13
                              EOD: 3/11/13
                              Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
                                Well I've been in the TSU since December I guess because the times are so close I guess then it would go by tsl
                                Its by the date you were referred on a certificate not the date you were put in TSU.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4830 users online. 296 members and 4534 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X