300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
    Anybody have a number I can call about a poly? I've called IA they can't do anything for me except say my file has been fowarded for a poly. I know im being impatient, but over two years is a long wait. Just want to make sure they know I'm still out here waiting. You never know, I could have fallen through the cracks.
    My friend took his poly in bldg 77 @ JFK on Monday and the agent told him they are short staff with the poly but they are getting the job done also it had one other guy there for a retest plus there were two new hires starting there first day of pre academy training

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
      My friend took his poly in bldg 77 @ JFK on Monday and the agent told him they are short staff with the poly but they are getting the job done also it had one other guy there for a retest plus there were two new hires starting there first day of pre academy training
      Blank
      Last edited by CTM045; 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• payniel:

I would take the Sheriff's Dept offer over CBP. As a CBPO you will be just like a security guard or TSA screener. You will stand on your feet for up to 16 hours a day and do the same thing over and over again. If you are looking for "action" then CBP is not the place to find it. CBPO is for people who are retired from another job or for people who just want a paycheck.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
          payniel:

I would take the Sheriff's Dept offer over CBP. As a CBPO you will be just like a security guard or TSA screener. You will stand on your feet for up to 16 hours a day and do the same thing over and over again. If you are looking for "action" then CBP is not the place to find it. CBPO is for people who are retired from another job or for people who just want a paycheck.
          Or for people who want to wet their feet in Federal law enforcement and start their "Clock", or for people that actually want to work for the agency and do something meaningful with their life and feel proud of what they do. I am guessing by your sardonic comments that you will be filling in the bubble that states "None of the above".
          BPA
          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
          TSU: 01/03/13
          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
          Written Test: 04/19/12
          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
          Background Investigation: Completed
          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
          TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
            Or for people who want to wet their feet in Federal law enforcement and start their "Clock", or for people that actually want to work for the agency and do something meaningful with their life and feel proud of what they do. I am guessing by your sardonic comments that you will be filling in the bubble that states "None of the above".
            Agree 100% with you USER.
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Hey guys first off I'd like to thank you for all the info. You guys have been providing the past few months it's nice to know I'm not the only one in the same spot in the process. Every thing in my CASS profile has green checks, and I was wondering if anyone knew when I might be able to expect an official offer or EOD date?

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
                Hey guys first off I'd like to thank you for all the info. You guys have been providing the past few months it's nice to know I'm not the only one in the same spot in the process. Every thing in my CASS profile has green checks, and I was wondering if anyone knew when I might be able to expect an official offer or EOD date?
                Well it really depends on the date you were referred to scheduling and then I believe after that whoever got their TSL first I was referred to scheduling in December and I haven't gotten the call yet but apparently once you've reached that step you're golden they say up to 60 days though
                Geo: swb
                App: 3/26/12
                Written : 6/12 82%
                TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                Med: 9/12
                VBT: 9/12
                Quals: 10/12 gs7
                Poly: 11/12 passed
                Drug test: 12/12
                BI: 12/12
                The call: 2/06/13
                EOD: 3/11/13
                Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                  payniel:

While I thank you for your opinion, it is not one that I share. I neither with to see any action, nor to just collect a paycheck. I wish to serve my country in a position which whether or not you may believe it, is vital for the security, safe-being, and economic livelihood of this country. I have already been shot at and beaten up, so while I like action, I'm definitely over its appeal. I also wish to use CBPO as a stepping stone to move into DHS's intelligence sections, which is my personal "cup-of-tea". The pay check on the other hand is pretty good when compared my local sheriffs office; they start out basically the same but then within 3-4 years, a cbpo us making double what a sheriff where I live will for the rest of his life.

I will decide what I like about the job, and what I don like, once I actually get there, and fully believe that each experience is unique to each individual. So your experience may be completely valid, and I'm sorry if you feel you may have wasted your time with CBPO positions, but I cannot pass judgement on your situation as I have never been there. But still, thanks for the suggestion, but in the end, the decision is certainly mine alone to make.
                  CBPO:
                  Test- 05/12
                  NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                  TSL1/2-08/12
                  PFT1/Med-09/12
                  VBT/SI-10/12
                  Poly-11/12
                  BI-12/12
                  TSU-01/24/13
                  1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                  Applied- 06/12
                  PFT-07/12
                  CJBAT- 12/12
                  Panel Interview- 01/13
                  BI- in process

FBI
                  Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Just checked CASS again tonight and have been referred to scheduling as of 1-24-13.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
                      Just checked CASS again tonight and have been referred to scheduling as of 1-24-13.
                      Cool!! Would you mind sharing your timeline?
                      Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                        Really? I was under the impression I would have to travel for my poly. I went to bldg 77 for my VBT, I had no idea they did the poly there too. Now I wish they would get some help over there haha. Altleast I known there is something going on. My friend is a CBPO at JFK and he said there is quite a few laterals going on there too.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• hello, does anyone have a list of ports/cities for swb?
                          thanks... got referred to scheduling as of 1-24-13

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                            hello, does anyone have a list of ports/cities for swb?
                            thanks... got referred to scheduling as of 1-24-13
                            congrats!

This link is to the Southwest Border Region information
                            http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_se...est_border.xml

This link lists all of the ports via land, air, or sea.
                            http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/
                            BPA
                            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                            TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                            Written Test: 04/19/12
                            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                            Background Investigation: Completed
                            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                            BI Meeting: 12/20/12

Comment

• I remember that somebody here said that waited over 2 months to find out that failed his Poly.. I am already over 2 months I just want to know what happened.
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:12/10
                              TSl: 5/11
                              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                              Met BI:1/12
                              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 3/12
                              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Does anyone have a contact for internal affairs? An email? Or phone #

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3054 users online. 225 members and 2829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X