300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
    An acquaintance of mine got offered Charlotte yesterday and he turned it down.
    he may regret that unless he wants to do something else. Charlotte is a nice port. I know cause i am here in pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevend2013 View Post
      Quick question guys... I just got the call today for my background investigation interview... I already finished everything except this part of the process and the poly. Does any one know what to expect during this interview? I'm guessing this is when I sit down with my investigator.

Timeline is for NYPD not CBPO
      Hey Steve...what is your geo preference and score?
      GEO: Northeast
      Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
      TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
      e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
      Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
      PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
      Qualifications: Pending
      Drug Screening: Pending
      BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
      Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        he may regret that unless he wants to do something else. Charlotte is a nice port. I know cause i am here in pre-academy.
        That's part of making decisions that are best for a family.

He was in through a 2010 application in which he applied to "Georgia." Well, obviously, the gov't didn't go along with the announcement.

That scares me. I applied to "Southwest Texas." If they do the same to me, they could offer me Presidio or Lukeville or San Ysidro, none of which were covered by the announcement to which I applied.
        Last edited by Drifting; 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM.
        Gek.

Comment

• One thing you have to realize, CBP does whatever it wants to do. It doesn't matter if its unethical, against the union contract, etc, this organization will do it. I see it everyday I go to work. Integrity only applies to the officers on the line. The top brass and management do not need it.

I wish everyone on here the best of luck and I hope this job is everything you wanted it to be.
          Last edited by hangman; 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Swb .. My score was 88 and got the tsl back in November 2011
            Waiting for the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
              Hey Steve...what is your geo preference and score?
              Swb .. My score was 88 and got the tsl back in November 2011
              Waiting for the call:

Comment

• guys, i have the "up, up, down, down" recording for the step test. i practiced it 2 days ago and my right calf is now hurting. i think i didnt stretch enough. PM me or reply if you want it

Comment

• Hello !!
                  I am from NYC,i apply for the NYS institution safety officer exam on the february the 9th.
                  Is a occupational peace officer statue given to those licensed as NYS security officer and with at least 1 year in the security field and 3 or more years working in building/highrise facilities seeking to work on state level.
                  As far as i know this trainning is given to those working in the public safety/college public safety field.

Is there anyone in here currently working or retired from this job that my want to share some hints with me ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gussie2000 View Post
                    Hello !!
                    I am from NYC,i apply for the NYS institution safety officer exam on the february the 9th.
                    Is a occupational peace officer statue given to those licensed as NYS security officer and with at least 1 year in the security field and 3 or more years working in building/highrise facilities seeking to work on state level.
                    As far as i know this trainning is given to those working in the public safety/college public safety field.

Is there anyone in here currently working or retired from this job that my want to share some hints with me ?

Thanks in advance !!!
                    Hi, I dont know if you know about this thread but I just did a little research about the position and I found this: http://forums.officer.com/t180688/
                    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Hey, just thinking about any job that I might be offered. Well, more specifically, the move there. I had planned on driving cross country the first time to EOD and then leaving it when I go to FLETC, but have recently thought that bringing it with would probably be better for me. But seeing as any likely posting would be at least in west texas, the drive from there to Brunswick, GA is prolly going to take 2 days. What Im wandering is if they allow for travel time when moving back, or would I have to absolutely haul butt? How does the whole graduation stuff and moving back happen with CBP?
                      CBPO:
                      Test- 05/12
                      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                      TSL1/2-08/12
                      PFT1/Med-09/12
                      VBT/SI-10/12
                      Poly-11/12
                      BI-12/12
                      TSU-01/24/13
                      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                      Applied- 06/12
                      PFT-07/12
                      CJBAT- 12/12
                      Panel Interview- 01/13
                      BI- in process

FBI
                      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• It's been 2 weeks since I took my poly. I haven't received anything in the mail. Is it safe to assume that I passed?
                        Last edited by jamescjhsu; 01-30-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                          Hey, just thinking about any job that I might be offered. Well, more specifically, the move there. I had planned on driving cross country the first time to EOD and then leaving it when I go to FLETC, but have recently thought that bringing it with would probably be better for me. But seeing as any likely posting would be at least in west texas, the drive from there to Brunswick, GA is prolly going to take 2 days. What Im wandering is if they allow for travel time when moving back, or would I have to absolutely haul butt? How does the whole graduation stuff and moving back happen with CBP?
                          They provide you only 1 day for travel before academy and one day after academy, unless it falls around a weekend, which will give you +\- 2 days.

Comment

• That would take some near miracle to only have one day to make it from SYS to FLETC in GA by driving. Officially only one day, but I certainly hope that port staff would let you go a bit early.
                            CBPO:
                            Test- 05/12
                            TSL1/2-08/12
                            PFT1/Med-09/12
                            VBT/SI-10/12
                            Poly-11/12
                            BI-12/12
                            TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                            Applied- 06/12
                            PFT-07/12
                            CJBAT- 12/12
                            Panel Interview- 01/13
                            BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• Checked CASS is morning, and as of last thursday, 1/24/13, I am in TSU. So maybe Ill be getting a call like the rest of you guys. Im also about to get a firm offer from my County Sheriffs Office, decisions decisions. Anyway, have a wonderful day.
                              CBPO:
                              Test- 05/12
                              TSL1/2-08/12
                              PFT1/Med-09/12
                              VBT/SI-10/12
                              Poly-11/12
                              BI-12/12
                              TSU-01/24/13

OCSO:
                              Applied- 06/12
                              PFT-07/12
                              CJBAT- 12/12
                              Panel Interview- 01/13
                              BI- in process

FBI

Comment

• Anyone else wait for Tuesdays to come because you know CASS will be updated? As of now everything is clear except for background and drug test. Does anyone know how that provisional clearance works? just curious
                                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                                Geo: Central/East
                                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                                TSL:11/1/12
                                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                                Met BI: 5/29/13
                                TSU: 6/13/13
                                Drug Test:6/12/13
                                PFT 2:
                                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7461 users online. 389 members and 7072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X